Modification Question...

Harlem1Der

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm part of a car club called Fo Show Car Club. We have some chapters located around the US, mainly military bases because the club originated here at Fort Leonard Wood. Anyway.....what is everybody's take on undercarriage lights for car show purposes? For some reason, I've been catching a lot of flak about them from various people. I get the standard "what are you trying to be, fast and furious?" to what I heard today," What are you doing with those Christmas lights under your car?" I jus wanna know what everybody thinks is all. Again, they are for car show purposes only, I don't drive around with em on. I might have them on when I'm parked somewhere, but it's usually when I'm with other crew members. Thoughts?

I don't really care what you add to your car. (As in, I wouldn't come up to you and point out that I didn't like it.)
I wouldn't add them to mine.

ight heres my 2 cents.....if it were a honda civic...sure. but to me the ls is a "classy" sports car, one u mod to make look "classier". ie grilles, bumpers, headlights, etc. but to put neons, or autozone fender accents, or stickers on the ls, just dont look right.

I personally wouldn't add then but for a show car it seems alright. RollinLS has them and he doesn't get much hate.

Wouldn't add them to mine either. Angel eyes, and led's in ever light bulb socket if you ask me.

Wouldn't add them to mine either. Angel eyes, and led's in ever light bulb socket if you ask me.

I don't know where to go to get the LED bulbs. Along with that, whoever had my car before me, for some odd reason, glued the headliner and over head light section together....the part that has the map lights and sunroof portion. I'm afraid to pull it down with force because I don't want to tear it.

I saw an RX8 with red ones on at Wal-Mart in St. Robert the other day. I laughed pretty hard. Horrible install. If they are installed correctly and its on the right car... then ok. IMO not an LS. Certainly not my LS.

It depends how you do it. A lot of people on here also knock modded door hinges, but verticle doors and suicide doors can look great if done classy.

It is just like wheels, you could get gaudy chrome 20s or nice sentas in a 20 and it looks great.

I'd say a white LS could pull off white underglow. Especially if you implement puddle light-like activation.

Also a black LS with a black/red theme going can pull off red.

It all depends on the route you go. It isn't about adding any mod, it is about complimenting the previous mod.

I only installed mine. Because they were free. I was offered a sponsorship deal. Took it. Figure it was a way to get my foot in the door. I only have them on for car cruises and indoor car shows. They did go over big at Hot Import Nights. Short video of mine.

BTW I am in the process of installing more.:rolleyes:

ls custom lights - YouTube

I don't know where to go to get the LED bulbs. Along with that, whoever had my car before me, for some odd reason, glued the headliner and over head light section together....the part that has the map lights and sunroof portion. I'm afraid to pull it down with force because I don't want to tear it.

Probably because his overhead section did what mine did and dropped in the back of it. I was about to replace mine until I made like a clip out of Mighty Putty, don't laugh and shoved it up there.

2nd page post by @alax7

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=61616&page=2

It all depends on the route you go. It isn't about adding any mod, it is about complimenting the previous mod.

To expand on drizzles comment. Have a plan. Don't be "AutoZone guy". You know. That guy. We have all seen him. The guy that grabs EVERY cheap, goofy slap on mod at Autozone. Puts it on his car. And thinks its "tricked out". Map out your mods. Don't fall for "whats hot NOW". Be creative. The most important thing. If you don't like it, then don't do it. If you like it, screw the people that don't.:)

To expand on drizzles comment. Have a plan. Don't be "AutoZone guy". You know. That guy. We have all seen him. The guy that grabs EVERY cheap, goofy slap on mod at Autozone. Puts it on his car. And thinks its "tricked out". Map out your mods. Don't fall for "whats hot NOW". Be creative. The most important thing. If you don't like it, then don't do it. If you like it, screw the people that don't.:)

Please don't be that guy lol.

I only installed mine. Because they were free. I was offered a sponsorship deal. Took it. Figure it was a way to get my foot in the door. I only have them on for car cruises and indoor car shows. They did go over big at Hot Import Nights. Short video of mine.

BTW I am in the process of installing more.:rolleyes:

ls custom lights - YouTube

I was actually about to say. Well hey before you make a decision you should check out Rollin's LS. Hes got a pretty cool light kit going on.

Lol beat me to it!

I'm also in the FLW area.... I see these AutoZone guys everywhere. So the OP should know exactly what is being said here.

Those stick on fender vents make me so sad and so mad at the same time. Almost as if my head is about to implode due to a shop-vac like vacuum of negative emotions. Ahhhhh.

mods

I agree with the if you want to, do it and forget about what other people think. It is your car, you bought it and you can do whatever you want to it. Some people I'm sure will not like it but hey, it's not their car. Others will appreciate the custom work. Custom work is just that, custom to you. I am keeping my car stock but I appreciate all the people doing work to their car. It is just mine is so rare I really want to keep it stock. At least stock looking.

I was actually about to say. Well hey before you make a decision you should check out Rollin's LS. Hes got a pretty cool light kit going on.

Lol beat me to it!

:lol:.... I just like posting the link to it.:p...... What can I say?... I am a post whore.:N .... You may comtinue posting now.:rolleyes:

:lol:.... I just like posting the link to it.:p...... What can I say?... I am a post whore.:N .... You may comtinue posting now.:rolleyes:

Lmao. Well when you have somethin that nice to go off and link. I would too! Lol. Likewise. Continue Commuting :)

Members online

Back