MK8 powered Jag

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Kind of an oddball. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...0549350?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a2642f766

$T2eC16dHJIkE9qU3lQu6BQrSow2n7g~~60_12.jpg

3.jpg

Is it a 1985 or 1995:confused: And it doesn't have a Mark VIII engine, its got a "Saleen" engine:lol: At least it doesn't have that damn "J-Gate" shifter:D Pretty cool though. I'd drive it:)

It has the damn shifter from a Mark in it... I don't know that I would want to drive this monstrosity. That engine bay is a mess & those colors are horrible. It has black carpet, burgundy interior with silver sides & burgundy top? C'mon guys. This thing isn't worth $2k in my book. It's all about taste I guess.

Is it a 1985 or 1995:confused: And it doesn't have a Mark VIII engine, its got a "Saleen" engine:lol: At least it doesn't have that damn "J-Gate" shifter:D Pretty cool though. I'd drive it:)

It's an 85. I had an 85 Vanden Plas XJ6 back in the day but it was Cranberry and chrome with chrome spoke wheels, all factory. It was pretty but a pure money pit. The money it takes to upkeep a Mark is like a Pinto compared to that Jag. Then again, I didn't have one with a Mark VIII engine either. The 6's wouldn't even do a one wheel peel. Heavy car or so it seemed.

The one in the ad looks ghetto to me.

It has the damn shifter from a Mark in it... I don't know that I would want to drive this monstrosity. That engine bay is a mess & those colors are horrible. It has black carpet, burgundy interior with silver sides & burgundy top? C'mon guys. This thing isn't worth $2k in my book. It's all about taste I guess.

Dude if I was an old Brit I would rock that car. Colors and all!

It's an 85. I had an 85 Vanden Plas XJ6 back in the day but it was Cranberry and chrome with chrome spoke wheels, all factory. It was pretty but a pure money pit. The money it takes to upkeep a Mark is like a Pinto compared to that Jag. Then again, I didn't have one with a Mark VIII engine either. The 6's wouldn't even do a one wheel peel. Heavy car or so it seemed.

The one in the ad looks ghetto to me.

Amen to that Terry. Those cars are money pits.

I kind of like it. At least, I like the idea behind it. I've got a few 93 Mark VIII drivetrains lying around, and I honestly have thought about swapping a Mark VIII engine into my '96 Vanden Plas if something ever happens to the I6, but decided against it since I'm not really a big fan of engine swaps on OBD-II vehicles where I'd have to worry about getting everything right to pass emissions testing. I do like this concept, though. I don't know how a '85 handles, but my '96 handles like it's much smaller and lighter than it is, and, in my opinion, is superior to the Mark VIII's handling, but it doesn't have anywhere near the power of a Mark VIII (rated at 245 hp). I've always wanted to get an older Jag like that one and do an engine swap. Small block Chevy's seem to be the primary engine most people use, but I've seen Ford engines and 454's put in them as well.

so that's....bad??? err, not good? it's ghetto, not ghetto fabulous!

Let me rephrase. It's not a classy looking car, at all. I appreciate what they did with the engine and all because the XJ6 was lacking in power in a bad way but I wouldn't have done it to the one I had.

This is exactly what mine looked like. I wished I had pictures of it but no digital camera in hand during the time I owned it (I have Polaroids somewhere) but this was the color and it didn't have those ugly yellow lights on the front either, like the one listed at the top of this thread.

86_Jaguar_S3_XJ6_VandenPlas_DV-06-BJ_01.jpg

It has two gas tanks and those are on the upper portion of the rear quarter panels, close to the trunk hinge area. Used to piss me off when I went to fill both tanks because I had to put the nozzle down and turn the car around or take a chance on dripping gas all over the trunk lid.

86_Jaguar_VandenPlas_DV-06_BJ-02.jpg

Let me rephrase. It's not a classy looking car, at all. I appreciate what they did with the engine and all because the XJ6 was lacking in power in a bad way but I wouldn't have done it to the one I had.

This is exactly what mine looked like. I wished I had pictures of it but no digital camera in hand during the time I owned it (I have Polaroids somewhere) but this was the color and it didn't have those ugly yellow lights on the front either, like the one listed at the top of this thread.

86_Jaguar_S3_XJ6_VandenPlas_DV-06-BJ_01.jpg

It has two gas tanks and those are on the upper portion of the rear quarter panels, close to the trunk hinge area. Used to piss me off when I went to fill both tanks because I had to put the nozzle down and turn the car around or take a chance on dripping gas all over the trunk lid.

86_Jaguar_VandenPlas_DV-06_BJ-02.jpg

See something like this I would not mind owning. You can tell it hasn't been fvcked with. I definitely understand the fact that they were underpowered but that car in the OP just looks beyond molested. I guess if it was painted maroon or black & make it look untouched I would respect it more but that two toned exterior & two toned interior is just weird!

all it needs is some 22'' spinners...... that red one is fine btw

My cousin used to have one like the red one above but it was black and an XJ-12. Very nice car but it was in the shop all the time:rolleyes: He used to like to put a coke bottle on the intake manifold and crank the engine to show how smooth it was. I watched it a couple of times and the bottle never fell over. Those old Jag V-12's were seriously smooth engines. Too bad Jag doesn't make a V-12 anymore.

See something like this I would not mind owning. You can tell it hasn't been fvcked with. I definitely understand the fact that they were underpowered but that car in the OP just looks beyond molested. I guess if it was painted maroon or black & make it look untouched I would respect it more but that two toned exterior & two toned interior is just weird!

Completely agree. The two tone really doesn't belong, not to me it doesn't. That main grey color it has is ugly and plain and the yellow lights look hideous. I never have noticed one being two toned but that one would look better if it was painted all over to match the top color. I think the Mark shifter inside looks good. The inside of mine was identical to this, color and all and yes, the shifter was that skinny. Cashmere was the interior name, now that I see it listed at the top of the pic, I remember that being said too. Anyway, I will never own another one. Mark engine or not. Maybe if I win the lottery and if that happens, it will be a 2013, not an 85

photo.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back