Missing Linc.....oln

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am now Markless. :( Damn cars spoiled me. After driving only Marks for the last 4 years I cant find a different car I like.

Car will be missed, hated selling it but chit happens. Looks like I will be in FWD GM purgatory for a little while.

It had to be sold to catch up on bills and groceries. Just gonna get an older Regal or Grand Prix. They are $2000 and under and get great mileage plus parts are dirt cheap. That and I wont be tempted to soupe up or cherry out one since they are so boring and bland.

Car went to a good home though. Guy has been through a half dozen Marks and really knows them. Showed up in a very nice 98 Cordovan LSC.
Also have to say his girlfriend has to be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in person. Just stunning! :lol:

Good dude though and would make a great addition to the site.

Laser,i picked up a 98 corolla on CL for $700.Everything works and it has all options.It gets 35+MPG and and even the air works plus its a 5 speed.There are deals out there.It has totally saved me from DD my 98 LSC.Good luck man.

Laser pm.
fastmark chitlist
Laser,i picked up a 98 corolla on CL for $700.Everything works and it has all options.It gets 35+MPG and and even the air works plus its a 5 speed.There are deals out there.It has totally saved me from DD my 98 LSC.Good luck man.

Ugh, I couldnt drive one of those. Also I am a fat fock so not comfertable.

As soon as Sapperfire gets off we are driving South so I can pick up a 99 Regal GS for cheap. Car appears to be in very good shape and the owner sounds like he is really proud of the car and has taken good care of it.

As long as its better then the Bonneville SSEi I went to get in Dallas last night.
Dude said dented rear door and AC dont work. I asked many times if that was all that was wrong with it. $2200 for a 2003 SSEi still seemed cheap even with those problems but he said thats all that was wrong.
BS. Bashed in door, heavily dented passenger quarter, demolished passenger fender, torn bumper, major dent on drivers quarter, ripped seats, ripped console, windows being held up with rubber door stops and the windshield had to be replaced as it wouldnt pass inspection.
Total turd. :(

dude seriously i think this is a ce bet you could get it for $2000

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2465007769.html

bet you could pick this one up for $1500-1800

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2520424490.html

why would you not buy a cheap mark and just drive it? if you would quit putting focking gears in them you would get good mileage, i get 21 all day and i drive hard as hell. don't leave this forum man you make it so entertaining. there a ton of cheap marks around here. if you want i will go inspect for you. hell i will pay some of your gas money if you will pick up my ar-15 from my brother in waco on your way.

Not buying another Mark right now. I never get the mileage others here can get, they ALWAYS need front end stuff and if it was another Mark I would just end up trying to fix it up. Plus there is no way I can get that far.

Mind is made up. Bland V-6 car that has already had things looked after and everything is cheap to fix.

I am now Markless. :( Damn cars spoiled me. After driving only Marks for the last 4 years I cant find a different car I like.

Car will be missed, hated selling it but chit happens. Looks like I will be in FWD GM purgatory for a little while.

Laser I was unaware you were selling your car. I understand though. Good luck pal.

Not buying another Mark right now. I never get the mileage others here can get, they ALWAYS need front end stuff and if it was another Mark I would just end up trying to fix it up. Plus there is no way I can get that far.

Mind is made up. Bland V-6 car that has already had things looked after and everything is cheap to fix.

Dude........you suck. you will never be as happy in a gm turd

you not having a mark is like Carrol Shelby building dodges, it just sucks

x2...We all know it's going to happen..

I happen to like the gs's. Doesn't hurt that they have a decent powerplant. But yes, very dull.

+1.Was Dexcool still an issue in that year regal?I have seen some REALLY nasty gunked up radiators because of that crap.

Not to sure. But i do know the intakes love to leak..And the transmissions are equivelent to pre 98 marks, if not worse.

+1.Was Dexcool still an issue in that year regal?I have seen some REALLY nasty gunked up radiators because of that crap.
Yeah Dexcool was an issue but not so much for the supercharged cars. The plastic intakes on the NA cars would get eaten up.

Dude says he switched to green coolant a few years ago just to be safe.

And while I hate to do it I may end up doing a pulley swap. Local friend said he would give me the pulley for free but I need to get the tool to pull the stock one. He also said he will sell me a set of headers with downpipe for $30 that are brand new. Kinda a deal I cant pass up. :lol: I am a power junkey and 40 more HP for $30 is just too tempting. :p

Not to sure. But i do know the intakes love to leak..And the transmissions are equivelent to pre 98 marks, if not worse.
The earlier trans were more problematic then the 65HD series and this car has the 65HD in it. Same difference as a pre 98 to a 98 trans for the Marks.

The earlier trans were more problematic then the 65HD series and this car has the 65HD in it. Same difference as a pre 98 to a 98 trans for the Marks.

Gotcha..I figured them to be the same ones.

Yeah Dexcool was an issue but not so much for the supercharged cars. The plastic intakes on the NA cars would get eaten up.

And while I hate to do it I may end up doing a pulley swap. Local friend said he would give me the pulley for free but I need to get the tool to pull the stock one. He also said he will sell me a set of headers with downpipe for $30 that are brand new. Kinda a deal I cant pass up. :lol: I am a power junkey and 40 more HP for $30 is just too tempting. :p

I might still have a puller I never sold from when I had a GTP. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck, whatever you end up with!

Not a bad deal!

The cars really wake up with a pulley, tune, U-bend delete.

I might still have a puller I never sold from when I had a GTP. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck, whatever you end up with!
Yup, interested. Let me know what you want for it and I will see if I can swing it.

Ugh, poor dude. Just spoke to the new owner of my Mark cause he locked the keys inside and didnt know the code.
Unfortunatly he also had a flat on one of the new Nittos. Guess he drove it on a very low air ride setting and hit a bum enough to push the tire into the wheel well and slice it. :(

My first actual car was in fact a 2000 Monte Carlo SS (GM FWD FTW! Haha not), and since I never saw something of my own with 140 on the speedo, I was happy. Car wasn't that fast but, everyone in town complimented on how nice it was and sounded. I felt like the :q:q:q:q at age 16. Anyways, ran into a power pole running from the cops, and that was it. =] Things young kids do, still miss that damn car but oh well. Anyways, the Buick Regal GS is a sleeper, +1 on the pulley upgrade, things can get mean. I actually have alot of engine pulls and installations under my belt with the 3100 3400 and 3800, know them like a book, but it gets old messing with them.

Laser, I found this car on Craigslist, you may know who it belongs to, maybe you could fix it up or something in the future since things are tight right now. http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/2504666313.html

Members online

No members online now.
Back