Mirror Leakage

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a technique to fix the leakage in the driver mirror?

7cc9647e.jpg

bfc13389.jpg

Replacing it is my technique... Didn't say it was the only one :)

I picked up a self-dimming DS sideview on ebay for $59 when the knucklehead across the street smashed my door and mirror.
Works great, and was even the right color. Just had a scratch in the paint.

you clean it with the search function since its been covered, beat with a stick, and documented about 354,210 times on the web lmao!!

To save hours of searching, I fixed mine with a stick on mirror that was cut to fit. It fits over the old mirror.
You loose the dimming feature, but do not notice it anymore.
Forget the site it came from.

To save hours of searching, I fixed mine with a stick on mirror that was cut to fit. It fits over the old mirror.
You loose the dimming feature, but do not notice it anymore.
Forget the site it came from.

I don't like the way those look. Just doesn't look right. (probably cuz it's not, lol) Looks much better if you just clean the old one.

How do you clean them?

Take a flat head screw driver. Pop out the mirror. Detach the wires, but make sure you know which ones go where. Carefully separate the mirror from the front glass. Wipe off the "$hit" with something. Scrub with steel wool, if there is a haze. Clean with glass cleaner. Put back together. Enjoy!

only have to hook the heated wires back up, why bother hooking the auto dim wires up since you are wiping out the auto dim chemical, wishful thinking maybe lol, it might work again some day!

Scrub with steel wool, if there is a haze. Clean with glass cleaner. Put back together. Enjoy!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

There are glass polishing compounds for that. But even really fine steel wool will scratch the cr@p outta the glass.

Ya, remove the plastic ring around the glass, and you should be able to separate the pieces. Scrape off the old out dimming liquid with a fresh razor blade. Toss the clear glass and reinstall. Good luck!

Members online

Back