Mark viii engine in my 76 Malibu, can it be done?

MERIJONS97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: I've been working on my 76 malibu, it have a sad straight 6 that I want to change to a v8...NOW since I'm now a dedicated Mark viii guy:D I thought it would be cool to but a Mark viii engine in it...SO do you think it will fit? and how much work do you think would be involved?

100_3939.jpg

100_3940.jpg

100_3941.jpg

100_3942.jpg

It would fit but if you have never messed with pulling one of these engines or putting one of them in, especially trying to get one off in a Chevy Malibu, I would never even consider it. You would need lots of time and patience and money for it to work, not to mention a shop for it to set in until it's completed.

I'm all with chickens "hell no"

I would like to see one setting off in there though and good luck to you if you give it a go.

With as cheap as 350's are, and are to build, why would you go with this? Now an LS1 build for it would be cool.

take it from and us navy vet 62-66 the wideth of the heads will be nothing but head aches. with a cutting torch and welder it is possible but would look not so good. go with a big block or good small block with a computer control and still have air. but it would be different what do you think MIKE? jd

Putting a FoMoCo engine in a GM just isn't right, imo - especially when GM have some great engines that would better fit/suit that car.

If you're going for a unique swap, sure. If you're going for anything remotely practical, no.

If you have to ask then you shouldn't do it. Anything is possible.

I'd do it just for grins.... and groans... But seriously, a LS would be easier....

Thanks for your input...I thought it would be a unique swap...So I quess I'll just have to go with the blown 427...:D;)

Build a grabber Maverick with a dohc 4.6 and I will be blown away. [My dream].

awesome project man but who needs the headeck when you can go LS you can even make it carb plenty of power for alot less . oh keep it a sleperrrrr more fun...

I would do one better,put a 4.6 in a 67 nova and really piss off the chevy guys

dawm yeah why not. i have a few jung ones around here putting chevy motors in fords i know a kid just bought a ranger and is putting a small block chevy in it i told him that he was sick in the head well i kind of hate that but what the h.. go for it man if you have the money and patience ha piss those chevy guys with that 4.6 lol.

Well it's an idea .. but I'd listen to JD on this one. Worked on a lot of cars in his many years, many of them of the Chevy persuasion so I'd take his word.

I also agree with Marked8 ... the 350 would be a better choice.

Maybe I need to find a Maverick to put my spair 4.6 in. But would I have to call it Sarah? "You Bet'cha" ...

NO you should not put a Mark VIII engine in that Malibu, you should sell it to me! I had a '77. I'd LOVE another Malibu like that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back