Mark VIII Craigslist finds!!!

Another midnight grey 98 with what looks like black interior. Pics suck but it looks fairly clean for $1800
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3733562291.html

View attachment 828458497

This guy works, at the same place I do never met the guy but Ive seen the car for the past few weeks and 2 weeks ago it was in the parking lot with the passenger side of the bumper hanging and the passenger headlight broke out. Saw it last week and there was a newer headlight in it, with bumper still hanging. Emission tray is also rusted out and hanging completely down along with the numerous dents around the whole car.

Just my .02$

This guy works, at the same place I do never met the guy but Ive seen the car for the past few weeks and 2 weeks ago it was in the parking lot with the passenger side of the bumper hanging and the passenger headlight broke out. Saw it last week and there was a newer headlight in it, with bumper still hanging. Emission tray is also rusted out and hanging completely down along with the numerous dents around the whole car.

Just my .02$

Ah well that sucks..I guess you'd have to check it out top to bottom and drive it to tell if its worth saving. Mileage ain't bad for $1800 though..if the body is solid I'd say fix the cosmetic stuff and ditch those ugly wheels.

Do our cars really get this high, being pretty much stock with a stall? That is ridiculous! Maybe he doesn't have shocks in the front, with his springs, if he has converted over.

It also says cobra intake, imrc deletes, under drive pullies and a rebuilt rear end with traction lock..and one would assume if he's going to do that he would probably change the gear if he's in there. 3:73s or 4:10s seem to be the popular choice. Also the ad states he's still on air and its fully functional.

yeah i think i they do. brent alans sig pic is his car nose up like that.

its hard to feel, but if you watch a vid of these cars launching, look out the window, everything drops when you take off.

i knew the guy who used to own this, he was trying to sell it outright for a while about 6 months back. I've seen it in person a few times and the paint still looked decent and interior was nice..I think it had a small rust spot on one of the rockers though. He was asking like $6000 for it at the time..this price seems a bit more realistic.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3798868059.html

3Ea3Kb3J55L75K65Hcd5b7c83f48578b4194f.jpg

3Ea3Kb3J55L75K65Hcd5b7c83f48578b4194f.jpg

i knew the guy who used to own this, he was trying to sell it outright for a while about 6 months back. I've seen it in person a few times and the paint still looked decent and interior was nice..I think it had a small rust spot on one of the rockers though. He was asking like $6000 for it at the time..this price seems a bit more realistic.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3798868059.html

View attachment 828458519

It doesn't look to me like they've gone too far on that price...

View attachment 828458519

$1995.00 DOWN PAYMENT gets you this

1998 Lincoln mark VIII

Automatic, Very low miles 104,000 miles, power windows -doors-seats, stereo, leather interior, Zinic rims

God I hate those those shitty little "Buy here Pay here" used car lots.

God I hate those those shitty little "Buy here Pay here" used car lots.

Yeah so do I..never would I buy from a place like that. I have no idea how this car made it to that sh*t hole dealer on the south side of chicago. The kid that had it a few months ago lived by me in Mt. Prospect. He must have traded it in at a new car dealer and they just sold it at auction. The mileage hasn't changed at all, it was just over 100k when he was selling it and now its got 104k. Sad thing is if he did trade it in I doubt they gave him sh*t for it.

That looks a scosch like a Gen I interior. Am I losing my mind? Never mind punctuation either who needs it why bother I like it though I can't understand why you would put a Gen I interior in a Gen II it's usually the other way around right

I wondered about that interior, but I don't have a gen 2 so wasn't sure....he said he's owned it a year, is it strange that rear bags go out but fronts are good?
--
grammar??lol, he's in rural central Georgia!

Definately a gen 1 interior. Good luck geting 2500 for it. I had a one owner 97 BOB LSC with 86000 miles and had a hard time getting $3200 for it. All it needed was a paint job. Everything else was fine including air ride.

i offered 15, he said 'a bit low'...but I'd need more pics before driving 4 hours round trip

Yeah that's for sure a 93/94 dash, cluster, steering column and door panels with 2nd gen seats...maybe it was a different color interior before and they swapped it to black using parts from various years. Its deffinetly a 2nd gen body since it has the neon and newer 1/4 panels and trunk etc.

Members online

Back