Mark VIII 97-98 Gen 2 front bumpers

The Silver Bullet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying to get a front bumper, or at least the molded bumper cover for my 97 Mark VIII LSC... it has a small hole knocked in it from my dad crashing my ZTR Mower into it and the license plate holder looks broken and crumbling on the edges.... I'd love to delete the plate area altogether. Is there a place that does moldings for it, should I look in junk yards, or is there an aftermarket sorce for these? Or is it a rework the part I have type thing for the most part? Thanks folks.

Its hard finding these front bumpers in junkyards. All of the GEN 2's I find are always wrecked. Plenty of perfect GEN 1's though. Sometimes I wish I had a GEN 1 just because its much easier to find parts for.

When my car was "totalled out" the body shop had it for over 2 months. Most of that time was spent searching and waiting for parts. 2% of that time was spent doing the actual body work and re-assembly and paint. :rolleyes:

I have a spare gen 2 bumper in my back yard.

:cool: Is it a plate delete? And what kind of condition is it in? We all know how the parts near the grill tend to fold inwards, so are they pretty straight? And what kinda price are you looking for out of it?

i have a nice black one that i kept because me and blue t were going to replicate his bumper for my car, but i sold the car and the still have the front bumper, with no plate bracket, but i have no clue where you are, and i am not shipping it, so unless you are able to get to florida, i guess me replying was pointless!!!

Or you can wait for John to finish the Cobra style bumper. It should be in production soon........Then i'm going to have a stock one available:D

seems like those will never be completed, its been how long now but they still arent avail?

I was at his shop a couple weekends ago, and he was due to get the second prototype in the next day. This second prototype is going to be the bumper they make the mold from...

Believe me, he's working on them.

Well, maybe I'll just wait then & see what those will look like. Has any one seen them yet, or have an idea or photo of what those might look like?

And @ Bad97LSC, I have family in the Orlando & Titusville area, but I'm way up in Indianapolis IN. If we need to I could've had the family pick it up and ship it. We'll see... You've peeked my interests with the Cobra nose. :)

I just want a good skin over my bumper for when I go to finish up the exterior, & I really dislike the plate on the front... especially since we only need rear plates here in Indy. But I know how hard it is to find front end pieces for these, since most in the majority of salvages have hit things with the front end.

lincoln_cover.jpg

Do you think 6 Speed Manual Transmission Conversion is worth 7 grand?

Is it really that hard to do it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back