Magnaflow exhuast Installed

Well it comes with clamps so you just have to cut your exhuast and install this one

So you can do it yourself.. I have heard people do like the sound on the gen 1.. Idk about what the second gen sounds like..

I would've too, but I didn't want to pay for it plus I dont really need it as much as you guys, no salty snow here.

You like it better now BlackLS06?

Yeah i do.

I must have gained some performance seeing as the gases travel straight though. Only thing that can restict them now is the cats but i wont mess with those unless they go bad.

Ive heard that over time as more exhaust gases pass through the tubing the sound will get louder and deeper but it does sound great and WOT is real nice.

Well it comes with clamps so you just have to cut your exhaust and install this one

Yeah but welded is better.

Ill be honest though if i were to do it again i would just get the entire kit. Maybe i should buy the headers and be the first to actually INSTALL them...lmao.

If i could get 50hp from it i would.

Magnaflow claims a 30 hp gain from their catback system. And im sure intake adds 5-10?

So technically we are pushing 310hp at the crank or no?? And what 260 or 270ish to the wheels??

I saw a dyno sheet of before and after backing it up from a gen 1 i think it was.

The Gen 1 factory exhaust was a smaller diameter, IIRC. So the Magnaflow kit for the Gen 1's increased to 2.25" which helped in the performance increase. I remember seeing some older threads (about 2 - 4 years ago) that the prototype for the Gen 2 didn't provide any substantial performance increase, which is why Magnaflow delayed in manufacturing the cat-back system for Gen 2's.

Tony from LLSOC had the prototype from Magnaflow on his 2006. Maybe they made some changes to the kit to give it more than just a 5 hp boost. Although, if they are showing the Gen 1 performance numbers for the 16678 Gen 2 kit, chances are they haven't.

Still, I'll be ponying up for an entire kit next year. You've all convinced me that it's better than stock, which is all I have right now. There's no way I can sneak that one AND summer wheels/tires/tinting/rotor pros past the wife, so they'll have to wait until next year.

Tru

You can if you do individual pieces and not get their full stainless catback.

But it sounds great if anything else.

The tone of mine has changed its much deeper now but i need a better camera
to capture the tone.

I was looking at those resonators.....i am considering getting them.

If i get into the exhaust again i think ill have all the piping redone and get louder mufflers.

All polished?

I hate how ugly the stock piping is...though about taking a rattle can to it.

Damn those look good. Lots of work for something you never see... Just sayin....

I should really upload a vid of my exhaust to show you what it should really sound like! lol In this frigid cold were getting, my Ls hates waking up in the morning and she tells the whole neighborhood lol

You can see it pipes from the Res to the Mufflers..

Are you refering to when the car is jacked up? If so then ya you see the whole thing but you cant see anything when the cars sitting on the ground except the tail pipes.

I see them just fine

3879353899695f299332o.jpg

I thought we were talking about the LS and look at that angle... who the fu(k looks at a car from that angle? People driving go-carts? :)

Members online

Back