LSE V8 straight shift?

pan

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was at a dealership the other day and a salesman started talking about my LS. Then he said that he worked at a Ford dealership when the LS's where in production and they made the LSE V8 in auto and straight shift. I was always told V8 auto only!!! But if this is true i want a straight shift and my auto. Before anyone says maybe overseas i know they are straight shift overseas in V8 form so that is already known lol.:confused:

yep that is what he said and said that's what he drove on vacation from the dealership. i've never seen one in america but...

Sure he wasn't referring to the SST?

yes like i said we were talking about my LS lol. AS for the reply from QuikLS, I hope your talking as in America only? Not trying to start a argument but some countries do not allow automatic cars to be sold so the cars overseas are made with straight shift. Just like right side drive LS's which i would love to have lol!!!!!

Ok. i may quote you on that later in time Quik lol! As for now i'll leave it the way everyone says.;)

I might go by there this week and ask him again. He might have been talking about the auto-manual shift like mine lol. But from what he said there was actual straight-shift V8's but only in 1-2 year models and only the LSE. IDK lmao. But i do wish!!!!!

the LLSOC have 'most' of the production VINs, members in spain, france, UK, Japan - no manuals. The Ford transmission engineer that work on the LS is a member as well......

even the McLaren concept:
"McLaren Performance Technologies also created its own, unique bellhousing arrangement to mate a Tremec six-speed manual transmission to the Lincoln 3.9-liter V8 engine."
was sold with the 5R55N in place...

the LLSOC have 'most' of the production VINs, members in spain, france, UK, Japan - no manuals. The Ford transmission engineer that work on the LS is a member as well......

even the McLaren concept:
"McLaren Performance Technologies also created its own, unique bellhousing arrangement to mate a Tremec six-speed manual transmission to the Lincoln 3.9-liter V8 engine."
was sold with the 5R55N in place...

Good point.

to the OP: There was available the standard shift LSE with the v6. They are rare and many people, who dont know any better, assume since it is a LSE then it must be a v8; not true.
SST is as close to "manual" as you will get with a v8, LSE or straight LS.

I had a chance to buy a manual LS... wish I would have jumped... that would have made an awesome DD.

Iv'e never seen a Lincoln LS from another country..... :p not even canada....haha

You do know a lot of salesmen talk :q:q:q:q when it comes to cars...they don't even have to know about5 a brand to get hired....it's like going to a shoesalesman and asking which are the best shoes EVER made...he'll show you too the priciest one he wants to make commission on......just an opinion :p

No..tired from gym....and starving.....speaking of which I haven't eaten since 3pm so time for nom noms :p

Not trying to start a argument but some countries do not allow automatic cars to be sold so the cars overseas are made with straight shift.

News to me. :confused:

What countries?

i'd bet 98% of members here would love to see that, also step outside and try taking a pic of a unicorn while your at it

Ok it might look like a CTS interior but that's all custom:cool:

:shifty: << watch him.. he's about the steal something

I think Cartmen found the Unicorn..then did a lil "red rocket" on it :p
Sorry to those who haven't seen that episode :/

99% salesman don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. And I have two salesman in my family. I know way, way more than both of them combined. Salesman know more about crunching numbers than the product they are paid to sell.

Members online

No members online now.
Back