LSE V8 straight shift?

Wow, you guys are pretty tough on salespeople. Yes, some are greedy and only concerned about commissions. Those are the stupid ones. I feel bad that you have only dealt with stupid people.

A smart salesperson paid on commission (like myself), wants the same thing. The most money for the least amount of time. But I have a different approach than "just crunching numbers" as Lincoln Luebbe so eloquently stated.

I have excellent product knowledge in my field, and can qualify a customer as to what product will best meet their needs. I don't sell them something they don't need, and I don't sell them something they won't be happy with. I actually care about the projects I work on, and follow through with the project from start to finish. I work extra hard to resolve any issues that may arise during the process.

All of those things create trust with a customer (and it should, since they can trust me with their project). Building a trust relationship with a customer is probably the most time consuming part of the sale.

I depend on my customers to refer me to their friends. When a customer has a great experience with me, and refers me to their friends, that trust is already there when they come in. It saves me a bunch of time, and I can go right into the qualifying stage. Less time spent on the project, and more money in my pocket.

But no loss in customer service. See my point? Not all salespeople (especially not 99%) are money hungry morons.

And to the OP, there was no production V8 manual transission option on the LS.

I'm in sales and I'm out to screw you. :shifty:

Kidding, talk to any of my customers and they will tell you differently. Of course, I've worked with plenty of the kind you are talking about. And they do tend to frequent automotive establishments.

Do you want the window etching and undercarriage protection with that?

I'm sure there are many salesmen who take their job seriously...hell even I was in the commission sales department a few years back.....and was able to sell 50k more products than anyone else because of being knowledge based....but anyways back to the original thread...

Guys, I sincerely meant no offense by my statements.
My brother in-law and father in-law are both great people who work hard and who I wouldn't think twice about them screwing someone in anyway. But I can only speak from my personal experience and my point was this;
I have never, ever, ever been to a Lincoln or Ford dealership (being that is all I buy) where the salesman actually knew what they were talking about without basically reading it off the sticker. I have literally experienced salesmen who misquoted me engine sizes and options available for certain cars.
You don't have to know alot about cars to be a good car salesman for the normal consumer. Just get them the car they picked out at the payments that they want.
I on the other hand, do independent research before I go to the dealership so when a salesman at a Lincoln delaership doesn't even know that Navigators came with A/C seats, (which they have for years) but knew off the top of his head what monthly payment he could "put me in it for" I know what I am up against. Just to pick out one example.
I can only speak from my own experience and I know there are good salesmen out there. But the original topic just brought to mind the many years of misinformation I have seen at the surrounding dealerships.
Thought about selling Lincolns myself for a while-

I also wasn't clear in my original statement...
Car salesman- Especially used, excuse me-"pre-owned".

Members online

No members online now.
Back