Lower Mclaren Grille Anyone?

NYC, your lower grille opening should only be about 6" high by maybe 39 - 40" wide... my previous post concerning the opening was in reference to a gen 2 LSE bumper

Okay guys, pieces should be shipped tomorrow! I'll pm each of you tomorrow afternoon hopefully with your tracking number.

Update: Everything ordered, figured out, etc. It will be 2-3 days for them to get cut, packaged, and shipped. At least that's what they tell me. So as soon as they do, I'll forward you guys the tracking numbers.

Well, it looks like you all got your tracking numbers...

And wouldn't you know, they messed up my address info! I saw today that my stuff was out for delivery in Michigan... I'm in Minnesota. Looks like mine is going to take a little longer to get to me...

HAHAHAHA... See, you might as well just move to grand rapids michigan!!! I thought that's where you were from, that's where they deliver your mail...

I know it... probably have more fun there too. It's quite a bit bigger than G Rock, MN. However, if I were to move the family, I'd go somewhere warmer!

You're very welcome :D

I just opened mine up. Looks like we will have to shoot these black, as the PVC is dark gray, but not black. No big deal.

Also, just cut it down to size. It cuts like a dream on a table saw. i cut it down to about 5 1/4" high by about 38 1/2" wide. your's may differ. I still have to trim it down with a dremel to get it to the exact size.

When I pulled off my license plate, I realized that I accidentally screwed right into the bumper cover on the lower 2 screws :Bang :slam I can't believe I did that...

Here's a couple pics of what the grille looks like out of the box. The smaller of the 2 is about the size it need to be to go over the top of a gen 1 lower grille:

mclarengrille2.jpg

mclaren1-1.jpg

I know... I have been checking your tracking number multiple times every day. I spoke to UPS, and they gave me an ETA of Tuesday delivery. Pisses me off, really. I don't know how they could mess it up. I'm on top of it though. You still have your tracking # right?

I know... I have been checking your tracking number multiple times every day. I spoke to UPS, and they gave me an ETA of Tuesday delivery. Pisses me off, really. I don't know how they could mess it up. I'm on top of it though. You still have your tracking # right?

lol pissin' me off. unforgivable.

It's been a few weeks anyone have it installed yet? Wouldn't mid seeing some pics of the finished product...

I haven't had a chance to work on it all too much yet. Once we get a nice day here I should be able to get it installed...

It's been a few weeks anyone have it installed yet? Wouldn't mid seeing some pics of the finished product...

Newp. Been too busy with other stuff to bother with the car. Today was a nice day, too, cause I got a few things I need to install. :(

I'm excited to see Pektel's, I want to see how it looks on a light colored LS. I have been trying to figure out what to do with that lower grille, to me it looks too boring stock. I think this might just be it. Hope you guys get time soon.

I'm excited to see Pektel's, I want to see how it looks on a light colored LS. I have been trying to figure out what to do with that lower grille, to me it looks too boring stock. I think this might just be it. Hope you guys get time soon.

If you want, I can post up a pic of what i've done so far. I still have to scribe/trim the grille properly, paint it, and shoot the existing stock grille black to hide it better. It's turned out to be more work than I originally thought it would be :(

I would rather wait and see the finished project. I just get excited everytime someone is doing something I think I want to do.

Grille is almost done! I got it fitted/painted. Just need to shoot the existing lower grille black. Of course, we had to get 26" OF SNOW yesterday, so I can't finish it for a while - that's spring in northern MN for you.

Here's a pic where I just threw it on with a few zip ties:

mclaren 1.jpg

mclaren 2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back