Lower Mclaren Grille Anyone?

Yeah I wish it would've been rain too! I had just washed and waxed the car. Looks like it won't stay clean for long!

Yae man we are going to wait until June and then hopefully you will have your wheels by then for the meet. I am not a happy camper I have spent over a $1000 the past two weeks to get two cylinders fixed that were misfiring, new spark plugs, power steering fluid and oil leak fixed and new valve cover gaskets. And on my way home from work today the engine light came on again. I just do not know how much more I can take of this.

Whatever happened to the people who were doing this lower Mclaren Grille. I want to see more pics of how this project turned out.

what do you guys think would be a look the best size the 20 mesh or 30. mesh from http://www.ametco.com/wirecloth/index.php ??
I really love the mesh grills i want the CDC mesh gril but cant find it anywhere. The Vertical "Z" Grille are aswome too but there alot right now spec with a newborn my girlfriend will have a heartattack lol

what do you guys think would be a look the best size the 20 mesh or 30. mesh from http://www.ametco.com/wirecloth/index.php ??
I really love the mesh grills i want the CDC mesh gril but cant find it anywhere. The Vertical "Z" Grille are aswome too but there alot right now spec with a newborn my girlfriend will have a heartattack lol

I say 20, the 30 looks too small. They dont make cdc's anymore. I have only seen two ls' with it on here plus the one I have.

I have the piece still. Honestly, I couldn't get it to sit good enough for my taste. If it doesn't look like it could have come that way from the factory, then it isn't good enough for me.

I'll put it back on later this week when I wash my car (supposed to get rain/snow mix tuesday-thursday) and snap some pics.

Did you try doing it both ways like Quick had it, in front and behind the lower grill? It would probably look a little weird behind the grill but just for comparison

I did try to put it behind the grille. You just coudn't see it.

The problem is/was that the material is a good 1/4" thick. so where it meets up to the fog lights looked off.It always stuck out. I mean, it's nice when the material is rigid enough to be placed in an area like that, but it was too much of a good thing.

The only way for it to sit proper for me would've been to take a belt sander to the stock lower grille, and grind it down, to allow the mclaren piece to sit deeper inside the opening.

So what did you do with the extra pieces? If you dont want it I'm interested.I'm willing to sand down my grill enough to make it sit back. Looking to get an lse bumper in the future either way.

I sold one, threw one away. I believe the last remaining piece I have is sitting in my garage. I'll let you know once I find it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back