Location of Keyless Entry Code on a 2005 Lincoln LS

Sounds like the card that comes with the car that has the code on it...

Yes, it does. In that case, that code should only work on the OP's car and maybe a few other random cars.

The OP can now program his/her own code that is easier for them to remember into the keypad. The owner's manual gives the instructions to do this with.

Card

Sounds like the card that comes with the car that has the code on it...

Yes, it probably does, except for the fact that the number on the card was 90990 or some combination of 9 and 0 which amounts to pressing five times the 9-0 key (not much of a random code but from the odds of finding it perspective not really worse than any other).

Anyway, one US forum member has tried it on his LS and it did not work so I guess it's good news. If anybody else can unlock their door with this please let me know because I'm curious.

Located on the module itself inside the driver door panel.

yeah, when they say it's on the computer module, I would think that means it's stored on the module. Not written with a sharpie on the side. :D

The lies you tell. It is actually on the module itself driver door. Take off the panel, and there is a 6 digit # on the module. After i read another forum about this. Actual technician from Ford revealed this to me. After i called a dealer and them say $40 bucks to read the Computer. There shouldn't be a charge for sumthin so simple unless you don't wanna take the time to take off the panel.

The lies you tell. It is actually on the module itself driver door. Take off the panel, and there is a 6 digit # on the module. After i read another forum about this. Actual technician from Ford revealed this to me. After i called a dealer and them say $40 bucks to read the Computer. There shouldn't be a charge for sumthin so simple unless you don't wanna take the time to take off the panel.

Well..... The code is 5-digits.....

Well i just used that 6 digit # listed on Driver Door Module on the module itself. Doors poped right open, and i used that exact # listed in the pic.

I had my door panel off to fix a squeak, and I figured I would use this time to inspect the module for a code.

I found where the code is SUPPOSED to be. But of course the sticker is blank.

photo1wj.jpg

I guess only random LSes actually got it written down / the non lazy dealers.

The 6 digit # listed under "Driver Door Module" in the picture above worked just fine for me. Doors popped right open. My module has same exact #s.

Huh? which number? All I see is the part number for the actual module.

The code is supposed to be 5 digits.

Ah the infamous keyless entry code that is on the ls on a sticker but never been found. There should be a reward for finding this elusive number

It was either placed there by someone besides ford/Lincoln or everyone's was taken off but yours

It was either placed there by someone besides ford/Lincoln or everyone's was taken off but yours

Nope. Mine has the same label and the same number. It's the part number. I assume that it is coincidence that his factory code just happens to match the part number (the five numeric digits in the center of the number). This claim has been made by at least one other person.

Wouldn't it be funny (very sad actually) if we all have the same factory code?

That would make it extremely easy to open all ls'es out there with one code :shifty:

yeah, when they say it's on the computer module, I would think that means it's stored on the module. Not written with a sharpie on the side. :D

I had to laugh cause visualized the code written on the module like the junk yards write part numbers on items.

Ah the infamous keyless entry code that is on the ls on a sticker but never been found. There should be a reward for finding this elusive number

I'll claim that prize. Seller gave me a door code when I bought my 06 last month. Once I took the time to detail the car I noticed a sticker on the passenger side trunk support bracket. The sticker had a 5 digit number hand written on it. It was not the same code the seller gave me but guess what, it worked! I've yet to take the time to determine which is the master code but I would bet it is the one on the trunk.

For what it's worth, my 04 did not have a sticker with the code anywhere to be found and I had the dealer pull the code on that one for me. My guess is that some dealerships added the sticker for convenience and some did not.

I'll claim that prize. Seller gave me a door code when I bought my 06 last month. Once I took the time to detail the car I noticed a sticker on the passenger side trunk support bracket. The sticker had a 5 digit number hand written on it. It was not the same code the seller gave me but guess what, it worked! I've yet to take the time to determine which is the master code but I would bet it is the one on the trunk.

For what it's worth, my 04 did not have a sticker with the code anywhere to be found and I had the dealer pull the code on that one for me. My guess is that some dealerships added the sticker for convenience and some did not.

If you have a card with the code, that is the master.

Huh? which number? All I see is the part number for the actual module.

The code is supposed to be 5 digits.

Everyone says its 5 digits. Im telling you what worked for me 6 digit #s inbetween dashes directly under where it says Driver Door Module the exact same #s as listed in the pic worked for me.

Well i guess they took it off after 05 cuz mine looks just like the pic listed. and i use the 6 digit #s under where it says Driver Door Module and my door popped right open.

You have one unique car then. Ford has been using 5 digits since at least 1991. As soon as I hit the 5th digit my door unlocks; 3/4 unlocks the rest of the doors and 5/6 the trunk.

I assume you mean door unlocked and not opened, correct?

maybe, a long time ago, the original owners used those numbers in the model number as THEIR personal codes that they programed in using the master...

Everyone says its 5 digits. Im telling you what worked for me 6 digit #s inbetween dashes directly under where it says Driver Door Module the exact same #s as listed in the pic worked for me.

it is a 5 digit code, if you are entering 6 digits, either the first number is not needed or the last number is not needed. unless your last number is either a 3, 4, 5, or a 6 then those numbers are extra commands...

I'll claim that prize. Seller gave me a door code when I bought my 06 last month. Once I took the time to detail the car I noticed a sticker on the passenger side trunk support bracket. The sticker had a 5 digit number hand written on it. It was not the same code the seller gave me but guess what, it worked!

this is a simple one to understand, someone as some point other than the manufacture put that sticker there, for quit doing that a long time ago. wouldn't surprise me if it was either an older ford owner or the dealer itself...

this is a simple one to understand, someone as some point other than the manufacture put that sticker there, for quit doing that a long time ago. wouldn't surprise me if it was either an older ford owner or the dealer itself...

I completely agree. The sticker was hand written, that was my first clue that it was not from the factory. The previous owner seemed to be a long-time FLM guy; said he was going to buy a 2015 Mustang convertible now that he sold the LS. His daily driver, an early 2000's Mercury Grand Marquis. But anyway, it was odd to find the sticker there after hearing about Ford doing that years ago and lots of arguments on this forum about how to get the door code.

The 6 digit # listed under "Driver Door Module" in the picture above worked just fine for me. Doors popped right open. My module has same exact #s.

The first 5 digits open the driver's door. The 6th digit opens all 4 doors. 3/4

Members online

No members online now.
Back