Location of Keyless Entry Code on a 2005 Lincoln LS

Eurythmian

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2005 Lincoln LS this past Monday and I can not find the keyless entry code. I used to have a Mark VIII and the code was on the inside of the deck lid - not the case with the LS.

The manual reads it is located on the Computer Module and on a card inside the Owners Manual Wallet. I do not have a card so I am left to finding the Computer Module. I've searched the net and found people saying it is located in various location... I am still having no luck.

So I thought I would ask the experts. Any idea of it's location? Where is the Computer Module anyway?

Thanks - pretty new to this site.:D

You have to go to a dealer to get read, the factory code is only on the card that comes with the owners manual wallet.

If you can find it anywhere else on your 2005 LS you will be the first and what is on another vehicle has nothing to do with a Lincoln LS.

yeah, when they say it's on the computer module, I would think that means it's stored on the module. Not written with a sharpie on the side. :D

You guys don't get a sticker on the back of the master window controller?

I believe that it's officially called the "driver's door module." It does have a sticker or two on it. However, the factory code does not seem to be there, unless it's in some sort of encrypted form.

The lesson here is to insist on the factory code being provided prior to purchase. Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealers can pull the code with their scan tools. It seems like sometimes they don't charge for this, and many times they do.

driver's door module, yep thats it. On conti's thats where your code is stored, if you replace it, the new module will have the new code on it. I guess ford changed it for their own amusement.

driver's door module, yep thats it. On conti's thats where your code is stored, if you replace it, the new module will have the new code on it. I guess ford changed it for their own amusement.

I think that the code is still stored in a chip inside the module. They just stopped printing it on the outside of the module. I've heard a rumor that the factory code (not talking about the user codes that anyone with the factory code can change) can be changed by the dealer.

the code is on a sticker on the module in the driver side door panel. long white sticker and the 5 digit code is the last numbers listed. just found mine and it worked!!

I had my door panel off to fix a squeak, and I figured I would use this time to inspect the module for a code.

I found where the code is SUPPOSED to be. But of course the sticker is blank.

photo1wj.jpg

I guess only random LSes actually got it written down / the non lazy dealers.

+1

I replaced my PCM and checked for the code there while I was at it, also not there.

the code is on a sticker on the module in the driver side door panel. long white sticker and the 5 digit code is the last numbers listed. just found mine and it worked!!

He is the first, not bad for his 1st and only post. :bsflag:

There is a tag on my LS's DDM--or, rather, I should say was, as it appeared to have been removed while the car was on the assembly line. It's entirely possible that the code was on that tag, but I have no way of knowing...

Yea this tag was definitely FOR the code... I guess it was just too much effort to write the codes down for us.

Yea this tag was definitely FOR the code... I guess it was just too much effort to write the codes down for us.

I'll bet it was a security thing. It also used to be on one of the deck lid arms.

BTW drizz, who did your RS/keyless or alarm? you should slap them in the face for using "T taps"!

Yea that is a previous owner doing. Not sure where they took it, but the install is garbage. Underneath my dash is a clusterfock of wires. It is a cheap RS also, the timing is off on it so the doesn't even start. And I have no idea how to program it to crank longer to actually get it going. So I just pulled the fuse.

well if you can get the model number and its DEI product (viper, clifford, python...) i can look up the programming options and help either reprogram the tach learn or the crank time if ya want, just PM me.

I bought my 2005 LS from a dealer and I asked about the code from the previous owner but he did not know it. Instead he gave me a plastic card with the Ford logo and a 5 digit number on it and he told me to use that because it works on every of their keypad equipped cars on top of the individual unique codes. I have not tried it on other cars and I will not post it here but pm me and you can give it a shot.

Members online

Back