Local 95 Black On Black For Sale

NoLimit95

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So anyway, I find the ad on CL for a Mark VIII. No color listed, no price, no mileage. Just "95 Mark VIII" and I call the old man about it and he sounds to be about 103 years old and medicated. I couldn't understand half of what he said but I did understand that it had 134K on it. The interior didn't have one bad spot inside. The air ride worked perfectly. The outside was "clean" and it's a fast car... I asked what he was asking for it and he replies "$2500", Here's the link. [url]http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/3202892996.html[/URL]

I told the old man I was going to come look at it because it was only 15 min away and he wanted to know when I was coming because his nephew was going to go get a battery for it.. I told him I wasn't sure but it would be today. I pull up at the old folks complex and this is what I found. Luckily I never even seen him or had to deal with him at all. All I could have told him is that it was pretty much a parts car in my book. $300 to $500 tops is as much as I would give and wouldn't want to give that. Take a look!

2500Mark-1.gif

Notice left tail pipe is nearly flattened.
2500Mark-10.gif

2500Mark-11.gif

2500Mark-12.gif

2500Mark-13.gif

2500Mark-2.gif

2500Mark-3.gif

Front end was slammed but he said the air ride was all good. :rolleyes:
2500Mark-4.gif

2500Mark-5.gif

2500Mark-6.gif

2500Mark-7.gif

2500Mark-8.gif

2500Mark-9.gif

I didn't even take pics of all the dings down both sides.

She looks like a nice fixer-upper.

But I like that white one parked next to it! :p

I expected worse from your description..just looks like its sun beaten and has been sitting a long time..air ride I wouldn't consider a selling point anymore on these cars given the age of even the newest mark viii since it will have to be gone through anyway, I don't consider any air ride system to be dependable at that age anymore..might as well replace it all with new stuff or just convert it to springs if you're going to drive it. The interior doesn't look bad, I've seen much worse than that. I wouldnt pay 2500 either but if its running and driving I'd say its at least a 1000-1500 dollar car to your average Joe who doesn't know or care about the real value of a mark viii.

Man,most of that exterior was toast..I thinl he got the miles wrong,he must have meant 134 million miles.

I expected worse from your description..just looks like its sun beaten and has been sitting a long time..air ride I wouldn't consider a selling point anymore on these cars given the age of even the newest mark viii since it will have to be gone through anyway, I don't consider any air ride system to be dependable at that age anymore..might as well replace it all with new stuff or just convert it to springs if you're going to drive it. The interior doesn't look bad, I've seen much worse than that. I wouldn't pay 2500 either but if its running and driving I'd say its at least a 1000-1500 dollar car to your average Joe who doesn't know or care about the real value of a mark viii.

Kevin, you would have to see it in person. The car has been wrecked in the front at some point. The man lied and said the air ride worked perfect but as you can see, it's pancaked. None of the paint was any good at all. If it wasn't sun burned, it was scratched to hell and back but I was told that it was clean inside and out. Yes, the interior was pretty damn good. I'll admit that. It needs headlights, hood needs to be repaired, fender needs to be replaced. I'm sure the whole underside of the front end needs all new parts seeing how it doesn't look like a well maintained car. You would just have to see it in person. $2500 would never happen and unless someone is mentally retarded, he'll keep that car for a long time at that price.

It could be fixed up but it's not going to be cheap. I personally would have to get a new back window. The trim on that one is rippled to hell and some is missing. I could paint it myself seeing how it is single stage black. I have new housings already for it and a fender for that side but $500 is as high as I would go. The interior is the only reason I would consider fixing it up because it was in nice condition but the outside was abused and dings galore down both sides. He at least had the wheels on right. I never heard it run but was told that there was no battery in it over the phone. I went and just looked at it because he lives in a high rise and didn't know I was out there. The car needs a lot of work to look decent again. If the average Joe could talk the old man down to $1000, it is rust free for sure but I can tell you now that he really thinks he has a $2000 or more car out there.

From his description, I expected to see better. I wasted gas just going to look at that pile. I paid $1500 for this one and only added Octi's in this pic. It was rust free, had some small dings but nothing like his. Mine had new housings already on it, nice grille, nicer interior. Juss sayin. I'll call him tomorrow and offer $500 just to see what he says but I know he's not going to go for it.

ChristmasDay015.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back