Loads Of Fun

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This really isn't such a bad R&R, but after a couple months of listening to the 25 beeps every time I start the car because of the burnt out SRS light,I finally had some time to tear into the dash to replace the bulb.

Now the SRS light had been on since I bought the car. The owner showed me the receipt showing that a new clock spring had been put in by some shop a couple weeks before I bought it. I have checked the usual areas for the fault like under seat for the broken wire and all has been good. So I have been stumped and obviously haven't bothered with it.

Well, when pulling the dash apart I saw that there is a module under the steering column that has "clockspring" printed on it. There are 3 plugs that go to this thing and the smallest plug was not connected to it. I won't get the LS put back together until later today but have high hopes and trust that this disconnection has been the fault. The module is in the 3rd pic.

dash.jpg

dash cluster.jpg

clockspring.jpg

Take that bitch apart!!!! How hard was it to take the gauge cluster out? I will probably be taking the mine out to do a little work on it this summer

might as well do the white face cluster overlay now - since you are right there... ;)

Take that bitch apart!!!! How hard was it to take the gauge cluster out? I will probably be taking the mine out to do a little work on it this summer

It's not really that bad. To get to where I am in the pic didn't take more than about 30 minutes or so. What are you going to do to your cluster?

might as well do the white face cluster overlay now - since you are right there... ;)

Quik, I've looked at your pics of you cluster overlay, looks good. Where did you get yours and is it high quality? I want to know because I have seen some cheap overlays that looked worse than the factory cluster.

Well, I got the bulb replaced so at least the car isn't beeping at me all of the time, but that plug that was disconnected wasn't the fault....dang-it. :mad:

Hey just wondering is it a common thing for the gen 1 leather on the seats to be wrinking and cracking.

Hey just wondering is it a common thing for the gen 1 leather on the seats to be wrinking and cracking.

i believe its a common thing for any leather seat with a lot of @ss time spent in them, with all the brands of cars i work on, none hold up any better than any other does. conditioning the leather from time to time helps, also cars with tinted windows seem to look like they have less wear.

It's not really that bad. To get to where I am in the pic didn't take more than about 30 minutes or so. What are you going to do to your cluster?

QUOTE]

Sweet thanks. Thats not bad at all. I will try to put one of those little valentine radars in there, the stealth units, try to find a good spot were it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Well, I got the bulb replaced so at least the car isn't beeping at me all of the time, but that plug that was disconnected wasn't the fault....dang-it. :mad:

It's good to hear you got one of the problems out of the way. What's the next step?

I'm not sure now, I really do not know where to look exactly. I've read lots of Air bag light threads but other than the areas we know to look I'm stumped. Might just take it in............or put a piece of black tape over the light. :p

Been there, dude and feel your pain. Had to do it the morning before I dropped the car off to trade it in because the dealer didn't want them in there. That was certainly fun, but got easier after doing it for the 4th time. lol

Bizarre update

Oh you know you had nothing better to do.:D

Well this is weird. I'm on my way home after work and while cruising down the highway I notice the SRS light is off! I never heard any beeping when I started up. I get home turn the car off then back on and the light comes on with the others, stays on for about 2 seconds and then goes off. I did this a couple times and then drove to the gym later and the light stays off.

I'm happy about that, but I think this car is possessed sometimes. I guess it fixed itself. :shifty:

took time to figure out that it had it back..... on off 5-10 times and gone. Atleast thats my guess.

Members online

Back