LMS CobraStar wire covers.

Geno, I need a pair of these, just haven't picked out which color to get. Either one of the blue or the dark gray...

I'll go for a set of either raw billet or gun metal , not sure yet though.

If you want an honest opinion I personally would rather have your cobrastar logo next to "Lincoln". Although that was a nice design you did, it looks more like an advertisement than a logo.

I think you should let your logo be your "Branding" and get rid of the rest of that.

Again I'm just being honest instead of beating around the bush.

It is a LMS product so yes it has our slogan. I am paying for them to sell so it is an advertisement/product.

Understood, but Steeda, Saleen, Roush don't make their stuff like that. They don their products with a logo and let the logo be their trademark. I wasn't trying to step on your toes but was being honest with you. I'm a true believer in telling people how it is, not how they want to hear it. Being that I'm a consumer, and you are trying to sell to consumers, you should take what I or others say as constructive criticism.

I wasn't saying what you did was cheezy or lame. I'm just saying it felt a bit like an advertisement. If I'm going to build a car I wouldn't want an ad on my car unless I was being paid for it. On the other hand I would be proud to adorn my car with your logo on any products you sell as I would have pride in the products I bought from you.

It's all about being clean.

Put yourself in the consumers shoes.....if you were to buy a Walboro fuel pump would you want a logo or a whole advertisement on your car? Furthermore is it not true we muscle car guys usually tear into the ricers with the slogans all over their cars? I guarantee you wouldn't want slogans on your car.

Just trying to be honest with you man. Don't take it to heart man, just trying to be honest. If it said Lincoln with a Cobrastar logo I think it would sell like hotcakes.

you mean just the Cobrastar with LincolnMotorSports on the side of it???

No, I mean "Lincoln" with the Cobrastar logo next to it.

Look at Mcdonalds, Adidas, Nike etc. They push their logo on products and that company becomes known by the logo. You need to gain customer loyalty and making them feel like their a walking advertisement will not make a company successful, it would actually have negative repurcussions. However if a company tricks a consumer into advertising for them without the consumer knowing, then everyone wins.

Look at the "Joe Cool" camel back in the late 80's early 90's. That marketing scheme worked AMAZING! If it wasn't for the government stopping them from using a cartoon for cigarettes, that would still be a very well known form of advertisement that people would be proud to wear.

Sure hardcore fans and friends will don your products with an advertisement type air about them, but your average consumer would not. Those are the ones you need to win over. In all essence your goal should be to make everyone not want but NEED to have your product. I'm telling you just "Lincoln" with a cobrastar logo would be a surefire win!

Edit: and if putting "Lincoln" with a cobrastar logo would be considered copyright infringement with Lincoln, then yes just put Lincoln Motorsports with the cobrastar logo on it. Keep it simple. Let your logo do the talking, that is why you designed it right? to make an impact?

Understood, but Steeda, Saleen, Roush don't make their stuff like that. They don their products with a logo and let the logo be their trademark. I wasn't trying to step on your toes but was being honest with you. I'm a true believer in telling people how it is, not how they want to hear it. Being that I'm a consumer, and you are trying to sell to consumers, you should take what I or others say as constructive criticism.

Never said you were trying to step on any toes. Your opinion is good by me like anyone elses. ALL people should say what they feel IMHO under any circumstance, I know I do. I already have the first ones sold so this design worked out ok in my book so far. I take all criticism as constructive, always have and always will. Thats how I cultivated Lincolnmotorsport to what it is today from it's very humble beginnings in 1997, from constructive criticism and listening to our strong customer base. With us it's all about the customer, period.

I wasn't saying what you did was cheezy or lame. I'm just saying it felt a bit like an advertisement. If I'm going to build a car I wouldn't want an ad on my car unless I was being paid for it. On the other hand I would be proud to adorn my car with your logo on any products you sell as I would have pride in the products I bought from you.
It's all about being clean.

I do roll clean, very clean have you seen my cars? I HATE my own company decal on my 1/4 window because I hate such things and only have it on there because I own the company. MOST people do like that kind of stuff, and it sells. We sold hundreds of our 1/4 window decals and I cringe thinking of it on my own car, lmao. This IS a business too.

Never said you thought I was being cheesy and I never took it that way. Any logo is an advertisement anyway just because I added our slogan we used from the 90's your taking this a bit far,LOL.:D

Put yourself in the consumers shoes.....if you were to buy a Walboro fuel pump would you want a logo or a whole advertisement on your car? Furthermore is it not true we muscle car guys usually tear into the ricers with the slogans all over their cars? I guarantee you wouldn't want slogans on your car.

Its NOT on the car it's under the hood, apples to oranges.
Walbro is ONE product our name and sloagan represents an entire company dedicated to Lincoln Luxury High Performance.

YES I would want a slaogan on my car if it were bada$$ and represented what I was an enthusiast about.

Just trying to be honest with you man. Don't take it to heart man, just trying to be honest. If it said Lincoln with a Cobrastar logo I think it would sell like hotcakes.

I have the thickest skin in the industry brother, nothing to heart here man. Honesty is cool in my book & is well respected.

Last edited:
No, I mean "Lincoln" with the Cobrastar logo next to it.

Look at Mcdonalds, Adidas, Nike etc. They push their logo on products and that company becomes known by the logo. You need to gain customer loyalty and making them feel like their a walking advertisement will not make a company successful, it would actually have negative repurcussions. However if a company tricks a consumer into advertising for them without the consumer knowing, then everyone wins.

My company has been and still is extremely successful and I am very proud of that. We have been known for our Cstar logo the day it was released, from the very first time we were in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine back in 2000 we had a VERY loyal following and customer base.
Look at the "Joe Cool" camel back in the late 80's early 90's. That marketing scheme worked AMAZING! If it wasn't for the government stopping them from using a cartoon for cigarettes, that would still be a very well known form of advertisement that people would be proud to wear.

ALL of our clothing, decals, hats..etc all say Lincolnmotorsport with the CobraStar logo and it has worked amazingly well for 12 years and still is growing today.
Sure hardcore fans and friends will don your products with an advertisement type air about them, but your average consumer would not. Those are the ones you need to win over. In all essence your goal should be to make everyone not want but NEED to have your product. I'm telling you just "Lincoln" with a cobrastar logo would be a surefire win!

We have already won over an unreal number of people in the past 12 years and I do want HARDCORE fans & customers and yes I do have many friends and family memebers as customers too. I feel honored that they trust me and use my products and support my company like they do. Our logo already is and has been a sure fire WIN for 12 years and running.

Edit: and if putting "Lincoln" with a cobrastar logo would be considered copyright infringement with Lincoln, then yes just put Lincoln Motorsports with the cobrastar logo on it. Keep it simple. Let your logo do the talking, that is why you designed it right? to make an impact?

It has made an impact, it does do the talking and yes I designed it.
On a side note I own CobraStar Multimedia and SuperPrint LLC and all I do 70 hrs a week is design and create coporate identity packages, advertising packages/campaigns and marketing packages for major players in the auto field and more so I do a know little about what I am doing when comes to this stuff.

This item is an underhood product only seen by a few, its a low number production item and I want to get the most out of it, it's that simple.

I didn't get to where I am today with this company from NOT knowing what I am doing man. I started this freakin' company from my ex girls Mother's basement for gods sake in 1997. I think my marketing and advertising skills/choices did wonders imho.

I would love to have one but do you know how hard it was to convince the wife I needed a new hat? Pretty cool though, definitely on my wish list.

P.S. got the hat looks awesome thanks again!

Yeah you do have the best logo I've seen to date by any aftermarket company Geno! That's why I would love to have your stuff on my car. I really wanted to add your logos to the side but decided it would in my application not be the sleeper in sorts I was looking for. Now a coilover cover that said Lincoln and had your logo I'd buy in a heartbeat because it would still be a sleeper and the only way anyone would know any different is if they popped the hood and saw that.

do your covers have the rubber grommets around the coil-overs and around the whole cover like the stock ones?

Still the best logo I've EVER seen for a company! Talk about cornering a market. My hats off to you Geno with your ingenuity on that one.

post like crazy when the gen 2 is done and being smaller it would be neat to be simpler so you dont have to cram so much on it it might look cluttered just mho

I like it, i could do with out the everything else is a blur part, but hardly a dealbreaker. Looks very nice

Any ETA on this Geno? I want the gun metal to match the midnight opal paint on the 93...

OMG geno your a god .... i want them in ford sonic blu but i want the exhaust first... i know people ask this same damn question about the icebox are u ever going to remake them ? cause its one thing that i dont wanna try to remake

I would love a set in torch red. I will be in touch soon. [ when funds from sold truck arrive]

Members online

No members online now.
Back