Lincoln VS Cadillac...This Time It's Personal

Turboguy

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
IN A WORLD WHERE THE SON DRIVES A LINCOLN LS...

AND THE FATHER DRIVES A CADILLAC ATS... TWO CARS ENTER, ONE CAR LEAVES!

Two Men Enter One Man Leaves - YouTube

ONE FAMILY...TORN APART...

/dramatic voiceover

Yeah, so pops is getting a Crystal Red ATS. Was considering a Malibu or CTS...so glad he's going ATS. This thing is the real deal: 2.0 L Turbo 4-banger making 272 hp...Magnetic Ride Control, one of the industry's most advanced shock systems...they say it will give BMW and M-B a run for its money.

We live 1000 miles apart so I doubt we'll ever get to face off for real...but if we ever do...

ONLY ONE OF THEM WILL BE LEFT STANDING...WITH THE "BEST SPORT SEDAN.";)

Too much free time today.

ATS.jpg

New WRX from the same show:

Subaru_WRX_Concept_Header-642x362.jpg

Sorry for sh!tting out random photos in your thread, but the LS isn't the DD forever, you know!

I can't imagine what Cadillac is going to look like in 5 years. Just 12 years ago they were selling a crappy Opel.

The CTS-v is still one of my all time fav cars. If I could afford it, I'd definitely buy one.

"Cadillac is the standard of the world"

I've never been content with 'standard', I've always wanted 'deluxe'!

I drive a Lincoln!

KS

Nope still the same way. Dont like the new CTS one bit. 2009-2013 CTS-V, Now those i love.

The ATS with the MT is on my short list for the LS replacement.

2000 LS 5 speed manual

the new CTS is going to be a beast with twin turbos. 425ish HP! might be time for the V to step it up just a bit more...

dont care if they look a little crazy on the outside, the interior is money, and they they have the balls to make a blown RWD manual transmission V8 version, how can you not love that. sure as sh!t beats any of Lincolns models this year. does anybody really think an Ecoboost MKZ has anything on that?

at least somebody out there will compete with the Ms and AMGs of the world.

I drive a Lincoln!

KS

Lincoln has nothing that can compete with cadillac.

The ATS is sweet, and CTS-V has always been a beast.

I drive a Lincoln!

KS

Unfortunately, Lincoln no longer measures up. They went from competing with BMW and Mercedes to competing with Toyota and Nissan.

Unfortunately, Lincoln no longer measures up. They went from competing with BMW and Mercedes to competing with Toyota and Nissan.

Their self-stated target was Buick, as of about 2005. Looks like they're succeeding! Although the Buick can be had for less.

Their self-stated target was Buick, as of about 2005. Looks like they're succeeding! Although the Buick can be had for less.

I'd rather have the Lacrosse over the Mks for the money.

Although I think everyone on here would like Lincoln to go in a BMW direction, it makes sense what they're doing now. I mean how many BMW like competitors can there be? The market they're in now is far less competitive.

Basically. The LS, bless it, is a great-looking car which compares with the BMW, Audi and M-B midsize sedans of its time.

But then Ford took their "let's make a bunch of re-badged Fords" turn with Lincoln... the result was a bunch of reliable and okay cars, sure... but without much interest. They may be assembled properly, they may look good... but they simply don't have what it takes to measure up to the leaders of the segment today.

Audi, BMW, Cadillac... those are basically today's fun to drive cars. That ATS OP posted looks great, probably drives great too. Mercedes is close behind those 3 makes, and makes up for the less sporty nature with sheer class and quality.

But modern-day Lincoln? A viable alternative to ugly Lexus, Infinity and Acura models... sure it's good, but I wouldn't buy one.

Now here's a car which looks great:
lead6ctsvcoupefd2011.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back