Lincoln ls v8 or lincoln mark viii lsc

Merk1n_Season

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I HAVE HAD NO LUCK SO FAR FINDING AN LS WORTH BUYING BUT I DID SEE A COUPLE OF MARK VIII AND 1 OR 2 LSC WITH LOW MILEAGE FOR PRETTY REASONABLE PRICES. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS A BETTER BUY AND WORTH FIXING UP.:cool:

Do you know where your caps lock button is?
Do you want a 4 door? Get an ls. Preferably a 2nd gen. More preferably an 06. More reliable.
Do you want a car with slightly more aftermarket and performance goodies? Get a mark viii. 1st gens are usually faster out of the box, but 2nd gens are more comfortable with better interior.

I like them both. Stock power and mileage is comparable. Get what you like better.

Like mentioned it comes down to do you want 4 door or 2 .Have wife and kids and a dog get 4 door. Single and want a luxury mustang get a mk8. End of story.

Do you know where your caps lock button is?

Do you want a 4 door? Get an ls. Preferably a 2nd gen. More preferably an 06. More reliable.

Do you want a car with slightly more aftermarket and performance goodies? Get a mark viii. 1st gens are usually faster out of the box, but 2nd gens are more comfortable with better interior.

I like them both. Stock power and mileage is comparable. Get what you like better.

^^What he said!

Like mentioned it comes down to do you want 4 door or 2 .Have wife and kids and a dog get 4 door. Single and want a luxury mustang get a mk8. End of story.

Personally, I don't agree with the whole "if you've got a family, get a 4-door" mantra. I've got a wife, 2 kids, 2 stepchildren, 2 step grandchildren, a dog, and 3 cats. Yet both my cars are 2-doors. The Explorer is a 4-door, but it is rarely used. As long as the kids can get in and out of the back seat, it makes no difference how many doors your car has. Mine have no problems at all getting in and out of either the Mark or the Cobra. And they love to ride with the top down:D

Personally, I like both. I'm looking for a 5-speed/3.0L V-6 '00-'02 LS right now. They're severely hard to come by.

Caps_Lock.jpg

I own a mazda rx8 which has 2 full doors and two mini suicide doors and i dont have a preferance. The reason for this post is i want to be able do drive something and customize it to my liking without breaking the bank.

well. neither one would be what i call cheap.
that's what mustangs and camaros are for.

MARK VIII!!!!

oops, sorry, caps lock....

BTW, dogs have no business being in a Lincoln....

The previous owner of my 97 had a dog, and it was very obvious that he let it ride in the backseat ALL the time. First Mark VIII I've ever seen with a back seat that wasn't perfect...

Sorry, a little off track. lol.

^^What he said!

Personally, I don't agree with the whole "if you've got a family, get a 4-door" mantra. I've got a wife, 2 kids, 2 stepchildren, 2 step grandchildren, a dog, and 3 cats. Yet both my cars are 2-doors. The Explorer is a 4-door, but it is rarely used. As long as the kids can get in and out of the back seat, it makes no difference how many doors your car has. Mine have no problems at all getting in and out of either the Mark or the Cobra. And they love to ride with the top down:D

Personally, I like both. I'm looking for a 5-speed/3.0L V-6 '00-'02 LS right now. They're severely hard to come by.

I hear ya but all my friends and I mean ALL that have kids NONE have 2 door cars. Does not mean all 4 door owners have kids it just makes life easier for us old farts. :D

With Chris2523. Which one do you love when you drive it? After I test drove an LS V8, I had to have one. I shopped like crazy, checking dealer inventories (using the Internet) incessantly, and finally found an '04 with everything I wanted. Happy every time I drive it! I wasn't looking to fix it up, though, so can't speak to that.

^^What he said!

I've got 4 kids, a 16.5 year old teen, 7 and 4 year old daughters, and a 2 year old boy, and i'll tell you right now 2 door vehicles suck. I have my mark viii because we have a minivan, but if we didn't, you'd never catch me driving a 2 door vehicle with a full family. Not only does it SUCK balls putting the seat forward every time and climbing into the back seat to buckle kids into child seats, but it sucks even more having your kids kick your seats and put their feet all over them because they sit too far back.

I Love my mark viii, but I have to say, these cars are for the hardcore only. Everything i've ever read about the electric systems being garbage is all true, and I paid more $$$ for a very well kept car. If you're not able to extensively troubleshoot electronic systems, stay away from the mark viii IMO

I like both and have used both ad daily drivers and the deciding factor for me as which one as a daily would be the heated/cooled seats in the Gen2 LS. Other then being spoiled by that I enjoy them both. From my experiance the Gen2 LS is a hair faster stock for stock then most Marks besides a good running Gen1 and I think it handles better and has better steering feel.

I've got 4 kids, a 16.5 year old teen, 7 and 4 year old daughters, and a 2 year old boy, and i'll tell you right now 2 door vehicles suck. I have my mark viii because we have a minivan, but if we didn't, you'd never catch me driving a 2 door vehicle with a full family. Not only does it SUCK balls putting the seat forward every time and climbing into the back seat to buckle kids into child seats, but it sucks even more having your kids kick your seats and put their feet all over them because they sit too far back.

I hear ya. But I just don't feel the same way. My kids are 7 and 5 and they both sit in child seats. The Mark's front seats go forward by themselves and the kids get in the back and buckle themselves in (it was a bit tougher when they were too young to do so:D). And I don't have the problem with them kicking my seat. Don't know why. But they've never done it. As for the Cobra, same thing. They have no problems getting in or out and they buckle their own seatbelts. I have back and knee problems and I don't mind it a bit. Even when my 4 y/o nephew rides with us, there's plenty of room in the back for all three kids in the Mark (not so in the Cobra:)). The Explorer is good for hauling the family, but it's 4x4 so the kids need help getting in and out of the back because it's so high. And it's a matter of preference (or pride), but my wife and I both have decided we will NEVER own a minivan!

I Love my mark viii, but I have to say, these cars are for the hardcore only. Everything i've ever read about the electric systems being garbage is all true, and I paid more $$$ for a very well kept car. If you're not able to extensively troubleshoot electronic systems, stay away from the mark viii IMO

I can't understand that. I've never had any major electrical issues with either of my Marks. :confused:

yeah. no electrical problems here. my vrcm went out once and i had a wire in the trunk break once so i had to open it with the key. that's the extent of electrical issues in my 184k 93.
many marks are pretty reliable.

btw I love our minivan :)...super low to the ground, seats 8, all seats fold which opens space bigger than the back of a full size pickup truck, it's got 260 hp and is QUICK (i've pissed off unsuspecting ricers all the time)...and the doors open SIDEWAYS, so that my kids don't swing the doors into parked cars...

Guess I've been unlucky with my mark viii. I paid extra for what was a well kept well maintained 98 LSC, but in the 6 months I've had it, I'm constantly repairing electrical stuff....the cars seem to have a reputation for it, guess it's hit and miss though.

i dont care. the day i have kids if any ill buy a suv of somekind minivans are for conformists to their wives.get a durango or suburban,exploder,something.minivan,NO THANK YOU.thats how you use caps lock

i dont care. the day i have kids if any ill buy a suv of somekind minivans are for conformists to their wives.get a durango or suburban.

minivan's are out in popularity...chevy and ford even backed out from making them...

you'll understand...look at my user name..I've had it since I was in my teens and I'm 37 now..

when we were at the point where we needed a bigger vehicle, the very first thing we checked out was the durango, and expedition, etc. Besides getting HORRIBLE gas mileage...10-13, my minivan gets 17-20, and that's the bigger engine available...and the useable space is stupid on suv's...they've got three seating rows yes, but the space behind the rear seat isn't even enough for groceries, literally. VS a minivan and we have enough space behind the third seat for a full size stroller, a double stroller AND groceries.

As well, the suv's are too tall, especially for kids....you've got to climb into them, vs a minivan, low to the ground, ez to get into. Ever heard of anyone rolling a minivan?? SUV's also don't have family friendly features such as sliding doors, grocery "hooks", fold into the floorpan seating, I can go on and on. I swore on my life never would I have a minivan, but when the time came, it was blately obvious how truly inconvienant these large SUV's are for a family. CHeck back in after you have kids, you'll get it (as has my other friends now, who originally laughed at me, and they too either have a minivan or wished they'd bought one)...besides, I buy the minivan for the wife, and I get the suv or sports coupe...win win

We have 2 mark viiis, 1 camaro and a town car I also have a son and will
never buy a suv or minivan
The easiest car to ever put a child seat in was the camaro just drop the top and drop in the kid
And to the op I say get a mark

We have 2 mark viiis, 1 camaro and a town car I also have a son and will
never buy a suv or minivan
The easiest car to ever put a child seat in was the camaro just drop the top and drop in the kid
And to the op I say get a mark

The easy way to put stuff in back of 2 door, rip the roof off. LOL NOw 100% joking here.

my family has had our mark viii for a long time. almost a decade.
so that means i was around 10 when we got it. and would have to climb into the back seat. fine. i wasn't very big. but after i got older, it sucked. so my mom got a 4 door. way better. everyone had their own door.
if you have small children, they can climb into the back no problem, as i did a for a long time. if you have bigger kids, they will quickly tire of having to climb into the back seat.
although many times i put 3 people in the back seat and they all fit back there, just not much leg room.

I'll never own a minivan. The biggest reason is that they're all wrong-wheel-drive. Next is that I'm not a soccer mom. And apparently neither is my wife since she hates them too. My point is that a 4-door or minivan is not a requirement upon the addition of a couple of extra mouths to feed. If you want a minivan, go get one. If you don't, then don't. My Explorer has more than enough space for kids, groceries, tools, and whatever else I wanna put in it...all at the same time at that!

Members online

Back