lincoln ls owners with senta wheels look!!!!!

Thanks for the info and the link. Looks like I may have another mod for the LS next month.;) What is the tire size you used? and what brand? And by the way that is one sexy looking car.:D

Thanks for the info and the link. Looks like I may have another mod for the LS next month.;) What is the tire size you used? and what brand? And by the way that is one sexy looking car.:D

I have General Exclaim UHP tires in 245x35x20's. Good all around tire in the inexpensive price range and they weigh less than many others. If you dont want to mess with any adjustments for rubbing I would go with 245x30x20's. Less sidewall so your ride will be a little rougher but cornering will be improved. Tire Rack is a great resource to compare various tire specs.

We have a winner!! These are definitely the rims I'm going to get. It also looks like I am going with the 30s to prevent rub. I can deal with less ride quality being I am the only one in it 95% of the time.;)

imma have to get some for my 04 now...i wanted to keep it stock but the sentas just keep it looking sporty and show a little bit of class at the same time.

That is one nice looking LS! I've been looking at newer LS's and that look with the white car and silver 20's is awesome!!!:eek:
If I do trade in my current LS for an 06 I'll consider parting with my 18's to get a set of those!

It is my opinion the Senta's with 245x30x20 would most likely not rub at all without adjustment and do have a 1/2" smaller diameter than the stock 17" wheel/tire combo...you would just give up some ride comfort/cornering. Be aware that the 20" Senta's are a heavy wheel at around 58lbs (with tire) vs. 47lbs stock 17". So you will give up a little power and braking effectiveness. I think I read somewhere every pound of rotating weight equals 7lbs of non turning weight on the car.
I agree with you 100% on these statements. Those Sentas are heavy!

I received my Sentas last Friday from Eurotech and got them mounted and balanced on 255/35 Kumho Ecsta SPTs (I practically stole these from Tire Rack) the next day. I did a trial fitment and they rubbed at full lock with the wheel turned to the right. This was on the passenger side, as I only fitted one side. Once the winter weather has passed (give me a few months), I will install them and take it for a ride to find out if I experience any rubbing over bumps and the like. It looked very nice though, and I can't wait to put them on in the spring!

I expected to encounter a bit more rubbing than those who are running the 245/35s, as the 255/35 is just a wee bit taller. However, I wanted the sidewall to sit as square as possible with the wheel for an aggressive look.

xford, you have a PM. :)

hey ohtree ls, have you bolted up all four corners yet with the 255s? reason i ask is because i just got a set of 255/35/20 nittos for free (working at a dealership has its perks haha) and was actually going to order up a set of eurotech repops, but i was sketchy on rubbing issues with a 255, any info you have for me would be appreciated.

hey ohtree ls, have you bolted up all four corners yet with the 255s?
I actually installed them on Sunday. While idling, the fronts would rub the wheel liner when turning the steering wheel to full lock. However, I have not experienced any rubbing while driving. Go for the 255s!

Coworkers have been pretty receptive to them; I've been getting compliments this whole week with them.

My god, that's beautiful! That must be the best looking LS out there..

they will rip your front driver fender off if you are taking a turn and hit a dip, like entering driveways and normal turns from street to street.. if you drive careful you will be fine if not move down to the 30 instead of the 35 , maybe u will have more luck then

they will rip your front driver fender off if you are taking a turn and hit a dip, like entering driveways and normal turns from street to street.. if you drive careful you will be fine if not move down to the 30 instead of the 35 , maybe u will have more luck then

which setup are you referring to? the 20s with 245 35 20 with a 1 inch drop from eibachs or....

Finally snapped some decent pictures. Aside from purchasing a tuner, my mods for the LS are done.
100_1881.gif

100_1880.gif

100_1882.gif

100_1883.gif

100_1884.gif

Thanks man. I go back and forth with the lowering. I kind of don't want to :q:q:q:q with it, since it's my DD. I'm happy with the way it looks and sits now, but we'll see if that changes. :)

Nice, real nice! You could use some tips. Those holes are super big for the size tips they came with stock

Thanks Alax. The tips haven't bothered me yet, but I've had my eye on the Magnaflow Angled double wall tips in 3" or 3.5". I'd rather put some of that toward a tuner and CAI first, though. The shift points in this thing really annoy me, so I'd like to take care of that via a tune.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. It's nice for a change to quickly bolt on simple items and reap the aesthetic rewards.

those wheels are by far on my top 3 list. car looks simple, clean and awesome all at the same time.

Only the Eibach Pro Kit is available for the LS. They claim its a 1" drop but most of us get 1.5-1.75" drop.

Members online

No members online now.
Back