Lincoln LS getting terrible mileage

How many 100lb dead bodies you guys hauling around.

On the interstate driving at 70 I can get around 30.

City driving I get about 15 to 20.

My average since I drive slow on gravels and then only drive about 20 miles after that I avg about 22.5

Around here, they're closer to 200lb when they are fresh. After they dry out, the weight does go down some but on the down side they are no longer as flexible.

I get 18 to 20 MPG in mixed driving on both of mine. The only time I reset the average mileage is when I change batteries, which is about every four years.

I'd assume the same goes for the transmission too? My mechanic put in a trans cooler during the rebuild and told me to warm the car up before driving. But reading what you told me, it sounds like he told me a bunch of bs. :D

bu-wha? The car has a trans cooler from the factory.

Huh? Really? Can anyone else confirm this for the gen 1 v6? Looks like I'll be having a serious talk to my mechanic.

Huh? Really? Can anyone else confirm this for the gen 1 v6? Looks like I'll be having a serious talk to my mechanic.

ALL automatic trans cars have a factory trans cooler. Look at the top of your radiator and you will see a sticker that says auto trans.

How many 100lb dead bodies you guys hauling around.

On the interstate driving at 70 I can get around 30.

City driving I get about 15 to 20.

My average since I drive slow on gravels and then only drive about 20 miles after that I avg about 22.5

wtf. did you remove your rear seats, spare tire, and only drive downhill?

Most of my dead bodies range around 130-170lbs.

I average 20mpg mixed 80hwy/20city. But half of those hwy miles are in stop and go traffic. Fkking Austin!

removing limbs to lighten the load for better mpg is kind of extreme stumpie.

Doesn't the v6 have the multi-fluid cooler? On gen I you have the PS, fan and auto running through there in separate circuits.

Doesn't the v6 have the multi-fluid cooler? On gen I you have the PS, fan and auto running through there in separate circuits.

Looking at the parts site, that does appear to be the case. They point out there is a different one without the auto trans cooler if you have the manual transmission.

So how many ignition coils do I need to get -- 8? Part number? Good place to buy online?

I'm thinking of doing o2 sensors while I'm at it too. How many o2 sensors do I need? Part number?

- ignition coils (Coils on plugs, 8Pcs, $62)
- spark plugs (NGK Platnium, 8Pcs, $34)
- o2 sensors (not sure which to get or how many)
- fuel filter (purchased already)

Anything else I'm missing in there? Do I need gaskets or similar?

Hey... so I'm reading the COP replacement guide, and it says the coils are $38-$56 each.

This seller on ebay (Florida/65000 sales/99.2% positive) has 8.pcs for $61.40 total. Quality says NEW. Is this the right item (can it really be that cheap for 8)?

How many does V8 need?

I can't see a brand name on those, so it's hard to say. The common wisdom is that you need the best quality possible, which so far is Motorcraft and Visteon. But it looks like the Visteon's are gone now.

I can't see a brand name on those, so it's hard to say. The common wisdom is that you need the best quality possible, which so far is Motorcraft and Visteon. But it looks like the Visteon's are gone now.

Yeah, might be bad deal considering the reviews.

The brand is Motor King, probably junk. Do the math, Motorcraft's are about $50 each from Tasca. If you are paying $60 for 8, they will be junk. Then again, that listing, other than the picture does not say if you are getting 1 or 8. It's a steep price, but the quality will be worth it.

The brand is Motor King, probably junk. Do the math, Motorcraft's are about $50 each from Tasca. If you are paying $60 for 8, they will be junk. Then again, that listing, other than the picture does not say if you are getting 1 or 8. It's a steep price, but the quality will be worth it.

I'm guessing all these parts are manufactured in the same Chinese factory. Where does Motorcraft make theirs?

i'm guessing all these parts are manufactured in the same chinese factory. Where does motorcraft make theirs?

china

lol

... just to put things in perspective, call the dealerships and ask what their DG529 Coils are going for. (72$ X8 + 13%tax)

I usually get about 14/15 mpg on my 2000 with 20" wheels

Had a little 3hr round trip to the border and back the other day.

good chance to reset it on a 3/4 tank of fuel.

let it settle and these were the results.

20130311_130515.jpg

20130311_151832.jpg

20130311_152233.jpg

If I want the 27Mpg, I've had in the past, I need to be doing just under 2000RPM at 60Mph and that's just not going to happen very often.

20130311_130515.jpg

20130311_151832.jpg

20130311_152233.jpg

That's normal -- I was doing 26mpg from Ottawa to Toronto. It's in the city that I'm getting destroyed right now at 11.7mpg. Is it possible that bad COP's/plugs/O2 would be effecting me more in the city than on highway driving?

That's normal -- I was doing 26mpg from Ottawa to Toronto. It's in the city that I'm getting destroyed right now at 11.7mpg. Is it possible that bad COP's/plugs/O2 would be effecting me more in the city than on highway driving?

Are you letting the engine warm up before driving off? If so.....STOP! It is actually not good for a modern engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back