Lincoln LS Detail

Yea I order from a variety of places. My signature of course, TheRagShack.com, autogeek.net, chemicalguys.com, detailedimage.com....

OMG I was wondering where they hid this thread!

Kyle, I put my summer wheels on already and had some nasty rain. That Poor boys kicks ass! I was able to wipe off some bad road grime without a single scratch to the paint of my wheels!

I really have to thank you for referring me to it. Both you and Pete!

Eric, you hit the nail n the head but you should read the thread from front to back. You'll find all the helpful websites you need as well as where to purchase stuff!

PB is definitely good. Me and Pete moved on to Duragloss 105 though. You should def look into it because the Duragloss 501/105 combo is the best on silver paint, and you can use it on wheels for long lasting protection.

Wow... just found this thread again too!

Yes, I use both DG 105 and PB WS on wheels. I still don't have enough experience with either one to tell you which one lasts longer. But I can tell you that DG 105 is a lot easier to apply/remove, and can be done a lot quicker.

Eric, what are you looking to purchase? That would depend on where we would reccommend sending you.

looking for a couple of things, it would be nice to bundle the products to save on shipping.

clay bar with lube
wax: thinking of collinite 845
glaze: thinking of chemical guys Extreme EZ-Creme Glaze
some sort of leather conditioner, any recommendations?

I'm towards chemicalguys.com, they have a good clay bar kit, the glaze and leather conditioner. Then I'd have to buy the wax separate.

also, anyone have any coupon codes?

you can use dustudent at detailedimage for 10% off.
i think it's db at detailersdomain.com for 10% off

I've never used cg's clay bar. But it's worth a shot. My favorite ones are:

bilt hamber (hands down the BEST one out there. Only need to use water for lube) but it's illegal in the US, so it's a little tricky getting it.

Riccardo Blue - again, this one is illegal in the US.

Meg's consumer line - this is the white one, part of the "smooth clay" kit you can buy at walmart. It's actually pretty decent clay.

Clay magic blue - if you can find it at Autozone.

Check your local Harbor Freight for Collinite 845. The one closest to me stopped selling it, I don't know if other ones did that as well or not. But if they have it, pick up 476 as well. It works well on door jambs, engine bay, etc.

EZ Creme glaze is awesome stuff. I bet Kyle would sell you a bottle out of the GALLON that he has.

I don't recommend any leather conditioner, as the leather in our cars is pretty nonporous. I don't think it would absorb any conditioner you would try to apply. I would think it would just leave a film that would attract dirt. I could be wrong, though.

Done. Clay bar kit and glaze are on their way via chemicalguys.com. I'll check the local harbor freights for the wax before i order it online.

Thanks for the advice pektel.

Also, i did some searching and the coupon code "gold" is valid for 5% of purchase at chemicalguys.com

Does Any1ne know where i kan get a LS McLaren Grill
LSKoncepts.com don't seem to have anymore.

That's because they dont' make them anymore. Best bet would be ebay. Don't buy from a guy with the email address of machaveli2@aol.com. He'll take your money, but won't ship you anything.

Done. Clay bar kit and glaze are on their way via chemicalguys.com. I'll check the local harbor freights for the wax before i order it online.

Thanks for the advice pektel.

Also, i did some searching and the coupon code "gold" is valid for 5% of purchase at chemicalguys.com

Ah I woulda sent you some glaze, shoulda PM'ed me.

This is for Pete, or anyone I guess. I read on Detail University that you use a green machine to clean carpets. Do you use any special detailing cleaner or do you use the bissell brand cleaning stuff? If you use the detailing stuff doe s it hurt the green machine? I ask because I have one and am thinking about using it to clean the LS. Also for anyone how are the Meguairs detailer products? I've been thinking about buying some. I just want something that works good, decently priced (which the gallon jugs of Meguiars seem to be) and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, because I'm tired of the stuff you buy off the shelfs around here.

This is for Pete, or anyone I guess. I read on Detail University that you use a green machine to clean carpets. Do you use any special detailing cleaner or do you use the bissell brand cleaning stuff? If you use the detailing stuff doe s it hurt the green machine? I ask because I have one and am thinking about using it to clean the LS. Also for anyone how are the Meguairs detailer products? I've been thinking about buying some. I just want something that works good, decently priced (which the gallon jugs of Meguiars seem to be) and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, because I'm tired of the stuff you buy off the shelfs around here.

A lot of the guys I know use Chemical Guys Lightning Fast, I can't remember what else they use off the top of my head.

For the carpet cleaning, I normally just use the Bissell little green machine for extraction. Most times I don't even put the product in it. Just water goes in the machine.

I use the carpet cleaner in a spray bottle, mist it on the carpet, wait a little so it starts to soak in, then agitate lightly with a brush. Then I use the LGM to spray plain water onto it, and extract the solution/water from the carpet. This seems to work the best for me, since I don't have to worry about product building up in the hose.

Here's a link to the place that is getting rave reviews as of late. They are reasonably priced too.

http://www.majesticsolutionsinc.com/

for sure get the enzymatic and extraction carpet cleaners. Then for APC, get their Super Green Stuff. They also have an awesome shampoo, Ultra Gloss.

As for meg's gallons, YES. a LOT of them are great products. I have a gallon of Last Touch, and Super Degreaser right now. I will be picking up a gallon of Wheel Brightener and All Season Dressing probably pretty soon too.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know!

I wonder how your Bissel stacks up to a pro machine. My friends parents own a carpet cleaning company and I have access to one whenever I need.

I couldn't help but laugh at his 14picture where it seems in the reflection the store's NEON sign has the work "& BRAS" in it...that's :q:q:q:qing hilarious!

Pektel, you gotta go back and real our posts from the beginning, we were friggin idiots!

Ah, it feels good to have a clean car! All my products finally came and I am happy with the results. Here's what happened:

Interior:
1. Empty trash and vacuum. Rigid 5.5hp shop vac plus some carpet cleaner made easy work of any dirt and salt that escaped the rubber mats.
2. Wipe down everything with damp cloth, then apply 303 Aerospace protectant. Just had the sample size, but i was impressed, i'll be purchasing a larger bottle here shortly.
3. Stoner's invisible glass. I have the spray bottle, and im having some trouble with streaking, maybe i need to try the compressed variety.

Exterior:
1: wash car. Two bucket method with MCG.
2: clay bar (chemical guys with luber). First time using a clay bar. It didn't pick up as much as i would have liked it to, i don't know if it was because i used too much lube (i didn't think you could) or if I wasn't pressing hard enough. It definitely made a big difference though
3: Glaze (chemical guys ez creme). Made a huge difference, don't think my LS has ever had that depth of shine. Easy to apply and good smelling too!
4: Wax (Collinite 845). This was surprised me. Not only was it very thin, but seemed oily too. You definitely don't need a lot of this stuff. It took forever to haze, and was very difficult to buff off. But i guess that's what comes with the durability.

Overall, very impressed with all the products recommended in this thread. Alas, had a family function on a dirt road before i was able to snap some pics. At least i know it'll wash right off with a little water.

Thanks to everyone in this thread!

You don't want to wait long to buff off 845. I apply to the whole vehicle, then remove immediately. It buffs off like butter that way, and you don't lose any durability. Thing with Collinite, it's not a carnauba wax. It's a synthetic wax. You don't need to let it haze.

Just FYI for future reference.

Oh, and I've never used CG's clay bar. It may have been too fine to pick up everything. If you plan on throwing the clay away after you're done, what you could do is use Stoner's Tarminator on the tough spots, then clay afterwards. Pretty much use the Tarminator as clay lube. It will take off what you want, but the Tarminator disintegrates the claybar, and wrecks it so you can't use it again. But it will remove that stubborn contamination.

Where's the pics, man? Wash that dust off & Post em up!

I wonder how your Bissel stacks up to a pro machine. My friends parents own a carpet cleaning company and I have access to one whenever I need.

Don't know how i missed this post, but you are a lucky bar steward, man. I mean, the LGM works great for me, and was pretty cheap (a little over 100 bucks). but I'm sure it doesnt' have the power that a professional extractor does.
I may even be looking at a Mytee Lite sometime in teh future. We'll see how the pro detailing thing takes off.

Pektel, you gotta go back and real our posts from the beginning, we were friggin idiots!

Haha, I just read like the first 12 pages. Wow, we sure have come a long way!

Ah, it feels good to have a clean car! All my products finally came and I am happy with the results. Here's what happened:

Interior:
1. Empty trash and vacuum. Rigid 5.5hp shop vac plus some carpet cleaner made easy work of any dirt and salt that escaped the rubber mats.
2. Wipe down everything with damp cloth, then apply 303 Aerospace protectant. Just had the sample size, but i was impressed, i'll be purchasing a larger bottle here shortly.
3. Stoner's invisible glass. I have the spray bottle, and im having some trouble with streaking, maybe i need to try the compressed variety.

Exterior:
1: wash car. Two bucket method with MCG.
2: clay bar (chemical guys with luber). First time using a clay bar. It didn't pick up as much as i would have liked it to, i don't know if it was because i used too much lube (i didn't think you could) or if I wasn't pressing hard enough. It definitely made a big difference though
3: Glaze (chemical guys ez creme). Made a huge difference, don't think my LS has ever had that depth of shine. Easy to apply and good smelling too!
4: Wax (Collinite 845). This was surprised me. Not only was it very thin, but seemed oily too. You definitely don't need a lot of this stuff. It took forever to haze, and was very difficult to buff off. But i guess that's what comes with the durability.

Overall, very impressed with all the products recommended in this thread. Alas, had a family function on a dirt road before i was able to snap some pics. At least i know it'll wash right off with a little water.

Thanks to everyone in this thread!

Good to hear you got some good recommendations. Try shaking Collinite 845 for a long time to get even consistency. It is supposed to be applied very thin and about as easy off and on of a wax as you can get, including wait time.

After reading all 23 pages of this... I am dizzy... and still know nothing about detailing... although I may call that guy from Westville, wonder if he'll come to Champaign?

After reading all 23 pages of this... I am dizzy... and still know nothing about detailing... although I may call that guy from Westville, wonder if he'll come to Champaign?

Which guy? How far away are you?

I'm guessing he's referring to Jason @ Deep Gloss.

Members online

No members online now.
Back