Lincoln LS Detail

Women... what can you do? can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em...

what about that annoying blood spatter on popcorn ceilings?? always had probs with that

That's tough... I only know about carpet, interior stuff... :D

hahahahaha. i think we will just have to split this time..................but anyway on a lighter note, i got a new set of wheels

if she has a hot sister, it's always a good idea to bang her before the ex can talk too much smack about you. :cool:

Why am I not surprised you got another set of wheels?

Care to elaborate????

Haven't had a chance to try it again. It's been WELL below zero here for a while. The other day it was -37 F when I woke up. It's above zero today, so I'm heading out the door in just a few minutes to go home from work, and ONR wash the car, and hopefully try it again on the other half of the roof.

This thread was all the way back on page 5. Back to the top!

Update: kinks with makita use are GONE. Love this thing. Such great results in WAY less time. I feel bad for my PC though. It doesn't get out much anymore :D

New acquisition (not available in the US. Distibutors won't even ship it here). But I was lucky enough to get someone to fly it in under the radar :D

clay1.jpg

clay2.jpg

clay3.jpg

I went to about 3 Car Quests and could not find the Duragloss.

Also, my wife took our Highlander to one of those full service wash's where they have about 12 Ecuadorian illegals jumping out and drying your car while I was wasting money on watered down drinks and penny slots in AC. Well when she came back I almost flipped :q:q:q:q!

I dont know what the hell happened but all across the damn hood there was these scuffs going from the grille back to the windshield. I went back and tried to act as calm as I could since I was half loaded ( I shouldn't have done it but man was it bad ) and all the little sh*ts did was give me a voucher for a free wash they called "The Whole Enchilada"!

They told me it could have happened anywhere in between but there was about 3 people after me with the same problem and more people going through the damn car wash.

Now mind you I take this thing on some novice trails and even still, riding on those trails never did as much damage as this POS car wash did in less than 2 minutes!

Were they using a water blade to dry the vehicle? Sounds like that could be the culprit. Those damn squeegees are the devil.

That's weird about the duragloss. If they dont' stock them, they should be able to order them in.

I recommend 501, 105, 111, 901, and 951 (not sure about the number 951, but it's Aquawax). I've heard good things about their glass cleaners too.

501 followed by 105 works great on chrome and wheels. 111 is a very nice sealant. 901 is a great car wash.

That's all I've tried of their line so far.

No they used those damn rags I assume. You know how they use the same 12 rags all day long?

Im thinking it was one of those that had the roller with all the chamois like strips and something was lodged in one. I hope it will come out by hand with some of my Zymol at least but in some spots it is a straight up scratch. I wanna try to contact someone on a higher level but the thing is already scratched here and there I doubt I would get anywhere with it.

That's weird about the duragloss. If they dont' stock them, they should be able to order them in.
I was just hoping on finding a deal like you did:D

No they used those damn rags I assume. You know how they use the same 12 rags all day long?

Im thinking it was one of those that had the roller with all the chamois like strips and something was lodged in one. I hope it will come out by hand with some of my Zymol at least but in some spots it is a straight up scratch. I wanna try to contact someone on a higher level but the thing is already scratched here and there I doubt I would get anywhere with it.

I was just hoping on finding a deal like you did:D

You live in North NJ right? I can set you up with someone.

Not really. Id say more in the mid west part. Its actually right on the PA/NJ border but in the middle. Dont worry about it man but thanks a million!! Im moving to the middle of no where in PA soon and Im gunna have a nice size garage to work in finally.

Whats weird is that there is about 30 or more of these scuffs but they are all in straight lines from grille to wind shield.

Did they hand wash it or run it through something. I bet if they ran it through there was grit on those things that hang down from the ceiling. Where are you moving to in PA?

Moving to Germansville.

It was a machine they ran it through. It had the two vertical cylinders with the cloth like strips and a horizontal one just like the old school ones but all updated technology if you would, like the brushes weren't those plastic bristles it was cloth like strips.

There were a few other things here and there but once I saw the huge horizontal roller I knew it was most likely that. Plus like I said, a few other people showed up as I was leaving with the same problems.

I guess there really aint nothing I could have done in the end since my wife left without checking it out first even with the fact other had the same problem.

I did enjoy the look on the mangers face when I told him I was going to give the voucher to some bum under the pier to wipe his ass with since I don't see my self driving 2 hours away just to have a bunch of idiots wash my car;) .

where does everyone buy their products from online?

chemical guys website? DetailedImage.com? Autogeek?

OMG I was wondering where they hid this thread!

Kyle, I put my summer wheels on already and had some nasty rain. That Poor boys kicks ass! I was able to wipe off some bad road grime without a single scratch to the paint of my wheels!

I really have to thank you for referring me to it. Both you and Pete!

Eric, you hit the nail n the head but you should read the thread from front to back. You'll find all the helpful websites you need as well as where to purchase stuff!

OMG I was wondering where they hid this thread

Yeah no kidding. I was shocked when i searched "detail" in the Lincoln LS forum and could not find this thread.

I know all those places carry good products but i was just wondering if anyone had a particular favorite in terms of prices, customer service, shipping time, etc.

I think they all pretty much order a bit from each site you posted actually.

Members online

No members online now.
Back