Lincoln LS Detail

I wouldn't even bother trading the towels. Just buy them. They are insane. I left a hand print in them when I was using them yesterday, that's how think these things are.

Too late. :D Already ordered a pack yesterday :cool:

I'll let you know how they compare to the reTHICKulous towel.

Scratch that. Looks like I didn't finish checking out. Oops. now I'm tempted to pick up ONR too. Have you used ONR before?

Scratch that. Looks like I didn't finish checking out. Oops. now I'm tempted to pick up ONR too. Have you used ONR before?

Nope but whenever someone says rinseless wash that's usually a follow up so I guess it's good.

Now the order is placed. The code brought the 32 oz. bottle of ONR down to 11.99!

Dude, Justin ships hella fast. I just got my order via USPS. Under 48 hours to my door. He'll be getting more orders from me.

Well, it's a damn thick towel. Not as nice as my reTHICKulous towel from detailedimage, but the prices were way different so I don't think that's really a good comparison.

I have yet to actually use them. I was going to try out ONR today, but ended up tearing my car apart to install white guages. In fact, that's the only reason I'm at the computer now, is I don't know where to tap in for power.

At first glance, I think I'm REALLY going to like these. At 12x16, I thought they would seem small, but you probably can't fold these too many times anyway.

Scratch that. The reTHICKulous towel is more dense, but not as plush. The Shag Rags are worth way more than what he's charging for them. I'll place another order soon.

I got a chance to use the shag rags yesterday to dry after using the ONR. Man am I glad I bought ONR! I'm really impressed at how well it worked, and the dirt made it into the sponge. When I dried it off, the towel was wet, but CLEAN. I had to use 2 shag rags at a time. 1 to soak up most of the water, and a second one to get the remaining. Topped with Lusso Oro, and I'm a happy camper. I haven't did teh wheel wells yet since I was at my dad's place, and he doesn't have the brushes for the wheel wells, and I wasn't about to use the same sponge in there.

And on to some bad news. Other than the 20 brand new Uber towels, and 10 shag rags, and my reTHICKulous and WW drying towels, I ruined all my other ones. Among the dead are 10 Ubers, and a bunch of ones from Target, some meguiars ones, and a couple larger drying towels. Here's how it went.

Like any normal guy who likes to keep his car looking clean, I always have a small arsenal in the trunk. Among those things are QD, applicator pads, MF towels, chrome polish, Stoners Invisible Glass, interior detailer, FK425, etc.

Well I brought everything inside since it's getting cold outside. I decided to gather all my MF towels and wash them together. I don't normally do this (I normally wash my "paint" mf's separately), but it was getting late, and I got lazy. Threw a FULL load of towels in the washer, and watched a movie.

Got up to throw the towels in the washer. Pulled a handful out, and they are SPARKLING. Actually reflecting light. My stomach drops, immediately knowing what it is.

I use the chrome polish to clean the exhaust tips. Guess what I apply it with? That's right. Steel wool. Last time I did the tips, I was in a hotel parking lot, so I put the chunk of steel wool in the box I keep everything in. Normally I'd just throw it on the workbench in my garage.

Digging deeper into the washer, I find bits and pieces of the steel wool, but it's mostly disintegrated and spread slivers of it all over my towels. No way to get it out, and there is no way I'm chancing using them again.

I even thought about buying a big magnet, and running it over the towels, hoping it would pull the slivers of steel wool out. :(

Damn that's no fun. You might still be able to use them to buff dressing onto the tires and wheel wells if they aren't so gritty.

Ahhh that sucks!

I would just chuck them, I have noticed that nothing works on MF towels/rags once you get fine little things inside them like that. I dropped one in a pile of leaves, that sucked even the smallest pieces of leaves stuck inside the MF. Eventually after about 6 washes it all went away but I still only now use that one on glass around the house.

Thats just a example, I have plenty of other mishaps I can blame on both myself at the park and the wife.

J, you should pick up a pack of these towels. You'll like them a lot.

I just deleted a bunch. I was at the limit. I need a gold membership.

Kyle, I'm going to be ordering some Rubbish Boy's OE wax pretty quick, since I was checking exchange rates right now, and they are awesome. The price (without shiping) on a pot is 59 bucks. Can't pass that up! I was also thinking about picking up some of those german applicators (the 3 color ones), and some bilt hamber clay. I wanted to get the yellow poly clay, but they are currently out of stock.

Not a bad price at all. Shippings a bitch though. You should pick one of those drying towels up too. Supposedly Mark V makes some good stuff, do your research before you order.

Nah, shipping was 6.74 GBP. That's about 10 bucks.

I was really thinking about that thick drying towel. It looks REALLY nice.

Wow that's surprising. Are you gonna use it this winter? Supposedly CG One is a great non water winter wash. That's a tongue twister.

Nope, not this winter. I just like the exchange rate right now.

I was shopping out of town with the woman yesterday. I was at Best Buy, and she was across the parking lot at TJ Maxx. I was walking over there, when I noticed a Harbor Freight. There isn't one in my town, so I stepped in, and picked up Collinite 845 (14 dollars), a tin of Collinite 476 (under 10 bucks), a wheel brush for the barrels, and some Flitz metal polish. I almost bought some aquapel too, since I've heard good things.

Very nice. 845 is my winter quickie wax when I don't wanna be outside for too long. 15 minutes after wash and that's it.

My friend Justin is having a sale at Obsessive Detail/Rag Shack again in spirit of an early Black Friday sale. Here's his offer.

The Rag Shack:
These are all 40% off:
Ultra Premium Towel
Super Fly Towel
Gladiator Towel
Waffle Weave Drying Towel
Amazing Dryer
Window Waffle Weave
Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool
Black Wow

Everything else will still be 25% off with the Coupon code micro25.

Obsessive Detail:

These products are all 30% off:

OD Wet Glaze
OD Waterless Wash
OD Hyper Shine Sealant
OD Silk Shine Dressing
Optimum Car Wash

These are 40% off:

OD Metal Rx
Black Wow

This is a great chance to pick up some microfibers and a couple other great products (go for the Black Wow!)

Hello Everyone!

My name is Justin and I own a mobile detailing business. I've detailed for over 12 years now. I have a lot of experience, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

He's here to take everyone's money on this site too!:eek:

J/K, great to have you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back