Lincoln LS Detail

You'll have to forgive me, I've been hung over all day. When you use an applicator, moisten it with Quick Detailer. I wouldn't really advise using your hands unless they are smooth. And if you have smooth hands, I'll question something.

ha ok, well I didn't know about that trick but now I do. I was out at the bar till last call last night, well just after1:30 actually,.. Thirsty Thursday gotta love it. I was hung over all day and that really played with my head for a while.;)

Just pulled all the wheels and cleaned them up. I just used Meg's Super Degreaser at about 6:1 dilution (to remove any previous protection, and works well on road grime), scrubbed, claybarred, and Poorboy's Wheel Sealant.

I forgot how much I like this sealant. You're going to be very happy, JWerner. The shine is awesome. I really prefer it to the Duragloss.

While cleaning them, I decided that I really need new wheels. When I first bought this car, I went to OReilly's for some cleaning supplies. I picked up everything I needed, and headed home. After doing a lot of the routine, I noticed that I accidentally bought the Eagle Chrome/Wire wheel cleaner. I reached for the Eagle A2Z Wheel Cleaner while in OReilly's, and must've grabbed it by mistake. Well, it etched the wheels on some spots. Looks like streaks of small scratches. I've tried polishing (up to SSR3 and 4" orange pad on PC7424) and everything. I guess it's not terrible, but being a perfectionist, it bugs the sh*t out of me.

I cant wait for it all to come. I need to buy a few more things to.

I know what you mean about perfectionist. The first or second time I cleaned my wheels I got one very fine scratch that was not noticeable unless you tilted your head and had it in the right light but I thought I was going to faint. I went over it and over it with the Zymol Cleaner Wax I had. Did a hell of a job getting it out and shining it up!

I cant wait to see your new wheels man! I think my spare is like yours now. I have to look cause its been down in storage since I bought the car but I was wondering if it has a center cap that would fit.

What did you spend if you don't mind me asking and what exactly did you get?

PB wheel sealant

PB nattys red

Finger pockets

Those gloves which were buy one get one

3" wool ball and thats it.

Total of $91.90 after shipping.

All from Autogeek.com. I didn't plan on spending that much but oh well. I still gotta get that grill off of 02V8sport than I am set till December.

All from Autogeek.com. I didn't plan on spending that much but oh well. I still gotta get that grill off of 02V8sport than I am set till December.

Story of my life. Oh you think you're done eh?;)

I don't even want to add up all I've spent so far. I think that's a sign of a problem :D

I've spent over $1500 and still have the same crappy lug nuts. Now that's a problem.

:lol:

Think of it as an appearance upgrade. maybe that'll get you to take the plunge! Want me to get you the part # again?

I finally just changed out the back lugs this past weekend when I did the wheels.

I think I only paid 75 bucks for the set.

Got my stuff in yesterday KD. Second coat of PB's sealant is going on all 4 wheels today, and Pete that PM wasnt even funny.

Got my stuff in yesterday KD. Second coat of PB's sealant is going on all 4 wheels today, and Pete that PM wasnt even funny.

The one about how awesome PB Wheel Sealant and Natty's Red smells?

Yes Pete, I was huffing it all day after that;) maybe thats why I was running off of 2 brain cells yesterday!:D

KD, thanks for the heads up, I forgot about doing the barrels! Makes total sense!

I just got over to my sister in laws house to see my new grill. I washed it up a bit and she said she would let me prep it so its nice and fresh come X-Mass time:cool: . Said she will just leave it under the tree wrapped in nothing but a nice silver bow for when we get there to unwrap presents ( sounds so cheap and wholesome:lol: ).

I wanted to ask what I should use on the chrome as far as polish? I dont trust wadding polish or anything to harsh since its plastic dipped in chrome, I just dont trust it!

Also does anyone know if the chrome on the 03+ grills is a bit heavier/more durable than the chrome on the first gen's? Maybe it just feels heavy in total since it has the full chrome surround?

I'm pretty sure Jason (Deep Gloss) uses Duragloss 501, the marine polish. He uses it on chrome trim so I'd imagine it's similar.

Taken from one of his writeups...

"Chrome Trim:
Badge and Chrome trime treated with Duragloss 501"

I'm literally going through withdrawal right now from not being near my car, sucks so much!

I know what you mean. I was in Atlanta for a week, and didn't have my car with me. It got a full (minus paint correction) detail when I got back :D

I still need to take the PC to my car! I'm waiting until spring. It's already too damn cold here. It gets below freezing at night already
:(

How was it down there? My sister lives down there in the city. Her car is FILTHY. If you saw a ball of dirt in the shape of a 2001 Celica, it was most likely her. She disgraces me, LOL.

Pete, how did that go? I was wondering if you went to the Aquarium or not!

I did go to the aquarium. I loved it, but the people I was with were too busy complaining that there were too many people there. I wanted to stick around at some of the lecture type things and actually learn some new things. Impressive place, but I need to go back to get my fill, that's for sure :D

Kyle, there was too much "kudzoo" or whatever for me to see much of anything down there while on the street :lol:

I bought a pot during last month when it was the monthly special. So I have over 1 pot of it right now. I might be picking up some Lusso Oro :shifty:

Members online

Back