Lincoln LS Detail

Layer sealant on them, wait 12 hours between each application (This does not mean wait 12 hours to buff off). It'll be easy since they are off. For quick touch ups use a Quick Detailer.

OK, what brand do you recommend?

Give me a example of say stuff on the shelf ( found at parts stores ) and stuff I have to order.

After I layer it up all winter long:D do you recommend following up with another product for a final finish or anything?

There aren't a lot of shine products that would be durable enough to withstand the heat. Most paint sealants will work though. I've used both Poorboy's Wheel Sealant and Duragloss 501 (Available at CarQuest). I think you'll get more durability out of the Poorboy's.

After the Sealant, use Aquawax (made by Duragloss, available at CarQuest). Adds a nice shine, but no durability.

I am thinking of the poor boys.

Any others? DP?

You won't be disappointed with poorboy's. I can't speak for DP, since I've never tried it.

And just to be clear, Poorboy's isn't available at carquest. I was only talking about the duragloss.

Ok. Yeah every time I do a google for something detail related the first link is autogeek anyway,...lol!

Pick up some Spray n' Rinse from PB, also they have Duragloss 501 and 105 you should get for your Silver Frost Metallic.

Ok will do. I like the look of yours. It looks like its coated in some kind of clear plastic lamination thats like 6"s thick. Its really weird in a very nice way!

I know Im getting some of those mits that fit over you fingers. Those look like such a relief!

Ok will do. I like the look of yours. It looks like its coated in some kind of clear plastic lamination thats like 6"s thick. Its really weird in a very nice way!

I know Im getting some of those mits that fit over you fingers. Those look like such a relief!

Well thanks there partner. It might just be the angle. That was with Klasse SG and Collinite 845 though. And after a quicky two stage polish. It's really hard to get depth with silver. Zaino does a decent job with it and Duragloss is another. Do you mean the Wolfgang pocket things?

Well thanks there partner. It might just be the angle. That was with Klasse SG and Collinite 845 though. And after a quicky two stage polish. It's really hard to get depth with silver. Zaino does a decent job with it and Duragloss is another. Do you mean the Wolfgang pocket things?

I think it was in the what color is your LS thread. With the angle it didn't shine much but it looked rock hard, layered and spotless if that makes sense.

I think those pockets are what they are called. Im having a hard time finding them on the site now its so damn big!

Do you think these could be used as applicators?Microfiber gloves

Those microfiber gloves work well for handling the paste waxes, if you are going to be applying using a machine. You actually take the "puck" of wax out of the container, and "butter" the pad with it. I just use rubber gloves though.

I think he's talking about those wedge shaped foam applicators from Wolfgang. There are other brands/shapes/materials out there too. those wolfgang ones say they have light cutting ability. I use a red CCS foam applicator like this:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Lake-Country-M7/Red-Foam-Applicator-Pad-P225/

I know it's not the wedge pocket, but it's super soft. I also use it when hand applying any LSP's. I have 2 of them so far.

Its not really a wedge shape. Its like half of a oblong I guess and it fits only over your four fingers. I just like the looks of them and the gloves cause of my mesh and teh tight spots they make.

Damn that site for having so many products. I should have bookmarked the page!!!! I knew I had intents on buying them!

Close,... the ones I saw where blue and more round at the top. Maybe I didn't see them on that site:shifty: :slam

You might be able to fit the Wool Buffing Balls off of autogeek into your spoke gaps.

Which brand? Flitz? I have stupid power balls, I have the big red, mini red and that stupid yellow one I got as a gift from everyone at work a while back. They all suck a$$:shifty: !

They tend to do a good job at getting some of those spots you normally cant which in my experience means you cant get it out either unless you have a power ball or something just for removing. It used to piss me off big time.

Cool thanks. Besides all the detergent products out designed for washing microfiber and other type cloths do you recommend anything not so specific. I used to use dish soap to wash my cloths and all since it works so good at getting rid of wax and such.

Any thing on that?

I just use dreft. Or Tide Free. I've never tried dawn before. I've heard to use vinegar during the rinsing to remove traces of the soap.

Dreft? I think we used to use that for the kids when they were still very young. I never thought of that, it wont have any extras like fabric softeners. Thats my concern next to getting rid of all the wax and stuff in the cloths. Im just worried about any additives.

My damn wife though,... man she stuffs everything in the wash as soon as she sees it. I am constantly telling her to wash and dry the stuff separate and I now hide the damn things cause I had to replace so many so often. I would get so pissed off when I would pull one out and find the damn fabric softener sheet clinging to it!!!

That's why I have a bin in my garage for the dirty towels. My girlfriend did the same to me about a year ago. Since then, I always throw them in a tupperware bin in the garage. She knows better now :D

Yes dreft. The same that I used to wash the baby clothes.

Yawn!

Well at the ass crack of dawn this morning I put the order in for some Poorboys, finger pockets, a wool ball, micro fiber gloves and some other micro fiber towels.

Pektel, do you mean Carquest as in a parts store not online? I think we have one about 15 minutes away for the duragloss. The rest for the actual car Im getting in a few weeks or so. I cant believe they are still only just finishing the new buildings construction. The new pavement was put down yesterday and the building is complete so its all just some final detail. Hopefully no more digging and stirring up dust.

I attempted to was the car here yesterday with bucket and my huge sprayer but I need to take it to a carwash for a rinse. There is just way to much fall out on it from the construction.

Thanks, I know I will and it sucks cause I just did it not long ago.

So whats the recommendations on that? I have the Mothers kit which I really don't think it did much for my car. I used it on my wheels and it worked freakin great but they weren't at all that bad, not as bad as my car.

I hear Pinacle is a good choice.

Also I was just reading something on a NXT 2.0 forum that poorboy sucks compared to NXT? Is that just forum propaganda? I am sure its highly likely just that.

Poorboy's Natty's Red? Ha, just look at the forum you're on. All Meguiars forums have some shameless plug like that. Not saying NXT 2.0 is a bad wax, it's one of the better OTC waxes. Meguiars Professional Mild Clay is decent, Pinnacle is good, Griots clay, Adams. I don't know ANYONE on my detailing forum that uses Mothers. They're like a brand that people swear by because they don't know any better, like people who buy Nu Finish.

Members online

No members online now.
Back