Lincoln is definately stepping up its game!

I guess we must all express jealousy in our own ways. Some people commit murder, other people hang out on forums to talk up garbage like it measures up when they know that it never can. Perhaps we should be feeling pity for Fla02LS, who knows he made a mistake that he can't afford to fix...

This dude lookin' like he's on his way to an MKS meet, but really he's on the way to the store. Umad

The LS is such an inferior car to the MkS in soooooo many ways. I guess that's why people think my LS is a new car! Nothing compares to timeless design!

I don't know about others, but the LS front grill looks like it's got a smile on its face, while the newer ones look like they want to eat me. (All other things aside).

Id rather drive the pinto. Mk's are junk and I'm so tired of hearing about them in the LS forum. There is a reason the MK forums get no traffic, they are not a car that any self-respecting car enthusiast would ever own. They are Lincolns version of a Camry. You are invisible when you drive an MK because they look like everything else on the road. They are junk and you will hear nobody here say anything different because...THIS IS AN LS FORUM. Nobody here gives a damn what you think of an MK. I thought you made a goodbye thread....

24579096.jpg

But seriously, compared to a Camry? Id say the MKS is comparable to the Acura TL- Type S at the very least.. The TL-S IS a FWD cracker box as well...

I wouldn't mind shoehorning the ecoboost v6 from the mks ecoboost version into an LS. Then I'd have the best of both cars :D

...................................................I know this is a LS forum but just wanting to add that outside of the LS world Lincoln has made huge strides in my opinion. The car it top notch quality from top to bottom. Leather seating is high end, leather trim all around interior including doors and dash. Added composite audio/video connections to set up a gaming system. Two usb ports. Just a very very nice vehicle. I felt the need to share because i am and always will be a big Lincoln fan.

But did it feel grounded to the ground?

Most interesting.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/cadillac-xts-and-lincoln-mks-reviews-233654866.html

"The MKS scores too low for us to recommend and sits in the cellar of our luxury-sedan ratings."

"At $50,070 for our loaded test car, the MKS costs much less than the XTS and offers plenty of features. But they don’t make up for the car’s basic flaws, including a cramped driving position and limited visibility. Moreover, handling is ungainly, the ride is neither isolating nor adequately composed, and the 3.7-liter  V6 engine is coarse. A recent update added the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system, making the controls confusing, distracting, and frustrating. Buyers would do much better with the roomy, well-appointed, and less expensive Chrysler 300 or Hyundai’s Genesis or Equus."

I seriously doubt one can claim that Lincoln has stepped up its game when Consumer Reports recommends a Hyundai over a Lincoln.

Most interesting.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/cadillac-xts-and-lincoln-mks-reviews-233654866.html

"At $50,070 for our loaded test car, the MKS costs much less than the XTS and offers plenty of features. ...

... Buyers would do much better with the roomy, well-appointed, and less expensive Chrysler 300 or Hyundai’s Genesis or Equus."

I seriously doubt one can claim that Lincoln has stepped up its game when Consumer Reports recommends a Hyundai over a Lincoln.

No reason to consider anything from Lincoln right now. Hope mine has another 2 -3 years left in it before the rust takes over.

The new interiors in the 300, the 3.6L along with the ZF transmission (if they made a MT I'd be out looking) make a nice package. Weight distribution is close to the LS (51.4%/48.6% for the LS V6; 52.4%/47.6% for LS V8 vs 51.6%/48.4% for the 300), 0-60 at 6.6 is good (close the LS V8) as is the 1/4 in 15.2 (slightly slower than LS V8). Fuel economy of 31 highway is something none of us will see. All for mid $20K.

Since MT is a must for me, unless something better comes along, I'll be looking at used ATS's (after the heavy depreciation kicks in) when the LS bites the dust.

This x 1000!

I read his title and almost called my wife to clear the purchase...

No doubt. May as well be buying a Toyota crackerbox as to buy any 2007 or newer Lincoln. At least you'd be 30 grand ahead buying the Toyota, there would be absolutely no difference otherwise.

I read that article in MT. Angus TOTALLY lost it when he started comparing the Taurus with the E-Class! Really? I understand the point he was trying to make, but he picked the wrong two cars!

What month was this article in? I seemed to have missed it

I can't find it, so it must be either Nov. or Oct. Probably Nov....

http://blogs.motortrend.com/one-ford-and-one-small-problem-26343.html#axzz2DtoVSlXR

He has a point. Both cars likely cost about the same to make just Mercedes gets $10K - $20K on each car most of it profit. Unless Ford finds a way to make truly distinctive cars (not just the current Ford with lock washers philosophy) for the Lincoln brand there is no way they will continue to get a premium price for them.

Members online

Back