Lincoln is definately stepping up its game!

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I wont mention the certain "Non-LS" vehicle i recently purchased but there became a problem with one of the rear door locks recently. Not a big deal, its under warranty so i figured i'd drop it off today and in the meantime drive a new model rental. The Lincoln dealer i use stopped using Enterprise rental and uses its own vehicles as loaners. I got a fully loaded 2013 MKX. What an amazing vehicle!

I still give props to the LS and had a long conversation with the service rep regarding the LS but i think the 2013 Lincoln models are just amazing. The looks take some getting used to, grills are huge but classic, body styling is very curvy, but aside from that the MKX is just awesome.

I got a fully loaded silver with black interior. I thought my 2009 was nicely equipped, this 2013 is off the wall. Its got the THX system, sounds great. The Sync nav and the way it's integrated with the dash and steering wheel is fantastic. HUGE full length panoramic sunroof, almost the entire roof is glass. Power folding rear seats, power rear lift gate, heated rear seats, cooled/heated front, heated steering wheel, ambient interior lighting( picked the teal blue), very nice real wood trim, rear camera, blind spot warning, cross traffic warning, adaptive cruise control, huge chrome wheels. Seats are amazingly comfortable, lots of interior room. Large rear cargo area. What impressed me the most is the drivability. Its got the new 305hp V6 and Intelligent all wheel drive. For its size it moves fantastic and the AWD provides smooth power and no hint of torque steer even at full throttle. The HID headlamps are bright and look like a work of art.

I know this is a LS forum but just wanting to add that outside of the LS world Lincoln has made huge strides in my opinion. The car it top notch quality from top to bottom. Leather seating is high end, leather trim all around interior including doors and dash. Added composite audio/video connections to set up a gaming system. Two usb ports. Just a very very nice vehicle. I felt the need to share because i am and always will be a big Lincoln fan.

Have we not been through this before? Ironic the other thread popped up today.....not really.

Fla...seriously, we are all happy for you. Enough is enough.

Time to let it go man. Seriously.

There once was a car company that tried to sell cars based on technology. It sure is hard to find a Tucker these days...... And if you can they are rather expensive!

Cars still need to be DRIVEN, and that's where all the fancy-shmancy don't help. It would be nice to have all the electronic wizardry, but I'll take my driving experience any day.

Really? MKX? That's for chicks.

M e h.

If you are going to post with a title like that, it had better be about a new V8 rear wheel drive car...

Well its nice to see the luxury part of lincoln is good, but why did they have to forget about the sport side :(

Oh and I think Fls02LS' thread/post was ok and not inteded as his previous mks threads, but it seems that based on his previous mks threadsand all he stirred up, not the content of this one, this one didn't fly too well with members.

Just saying.......

If you are going to post with a title like that, it had better be about a new V8 rear wheel drive car...

Reality is that the V8 plus rear wheel drive in an affordable automobile is going away, AWD V6 twin turbo done right could be interesting and should not be discounted. That being said...long live my 04 LS.

Enough MK whatever talk.

This is the Lincoln LS6/LS8 forum.

Reality is that the V8 plus rear wheel drive in an affordable automobile is going away, AWD V6 twin turbo done right could be interesting and should not be discounted. That being said...long live my 04 LS.

Depends on your definition of affordable.

Very few sedans on the road are rwd and V8. Tons of V6 powered ones but most are fwd the others being awd.

Wow, back on the front wheel drive crackerboxes? I'd rather have this specific car than any assdragger no matter how many options it has.

38095420001_large.jpg

Recent article read about Ford producing a 4-door "Mustang" in its redisign. Vehicle RWD, sold thru Lincoln dealers, single or twin turbo ecoboost V6 or 302 V8. Turbo V6 goal to be compatible with Mustang GT V8 power & V8 close to GT500 power! Awaiting FOMOCO appoval to invigerate Lincoln brand!

Recent article read about Ford producing a 4-door "Mustang" in its redisign. Vehicle RWD, sold thru Lincoln dealers, single or twin turbo ecoboost V6 or 302 V8. Turbo V6 goal to be compatible with Mustang GT V8 power & V8 close to GT500 power! Awaiting FOMOCO appoval to invigerate Lincoln brand!

I read that article in MT. Angus TOTALLY lost it when he started comparing the Taurus with the E-Class! Really? I understand the point he was trying to make, but he picked the wrong two cars!

You're gloating this much over a rental? It's not even yours dude, take a chill pill.

Dude, go call up your friends and share your thoughts about Lincoln....f#ck off to the MKS section.

Rollin lock the thread if you reading this!

Dude, go call up your friends and share your thoughts about Lincoln....f#ck off to the MKS section.

Rollin lock the thread if you reading this!

But I dont think you understand how nice they are...

Id rather drive the pinto. Mk's are junk and I'm so tired of hearing about them in the LS forum. There is a reason the MK forums get no traffic, they are not a car that any self-respecting car enthusiast would ever own. They are Lincolns version of a Camry. You are invisible when you drive an MK because they look like everything else on the road. They are junk and you will hear nobody here say anything different because...THIS IS AN LS FORUM. Nobody here gives a damn what you think of an MK. I thought you made a goodbye thread....

Members online

Back