Let the games begin....

okay, bad on me..I told you wrong Spree; pull off rnd knob for 3 pos light sw; then remove squar-ish plastic cover over headlight switch and rotary pots; then you'll see the bolts to remove (8mm i think) then pull off the bezzle that extends over to the pass air bag, then remove the instrument cluster (4 bolts) and unplug it, and 'wrestle' it from it's home..

okay, bad on me..I told you wrong Spree; pull off rnd knob for 3 pos light sw; then remove squar-ish plastic cover over headlight switch and rotary pots; then you'll see the bolts to remove (8mm i think)

OK...I think this is the answer ^ I was looking for. Headlight switch just pulls off and housing that surrounds the switches just snaps on?
I'm trying to remove this with out breaking it so I can see what led's I need. I guess I can also assume that the bezzle over the air bag also snaps on and some screws into the upper dash? Does everything have the hidden clips just like the console does? And there ya go talking about wrestling it out again!

the led's you'll need ar ethe same as in the courtesy lamps and dome lamp, T10s i think..since it's warm now the chances of brekage are less; you can alwaqys play it safe and get a hair dryer to loosen up the plastic prior to remving; don't worry about breaking the inst cluster, it's just a little tricky to pull from it's home...roll it fwd then unplug i think

I put blue led's in everything except the gauge cluster (still have to do that). Eatc was tested on my work bench before install.
Not sure what you guy's did for the led in the thumb wheel in the eatc but I had to fabricate a base for the led. It is a T4.2 with the base ground down to fit in the factory holder. The other 5 are T4.2 soldered into the factory sockets.
I also had to fabricate a new holder for the led for the ring around the lighter, it is now a T10-8-smd.
The defrost switch is a T4.2 (plug and play). The message center buttons required one T4.2 (plug and play).
I kept the regular light bulbs for the warning lights in the message center (the led's had a slight glow ) so I didn't use them, but they are T5's if anyone was wondering.
The one led in the head light switch is custom made T5 base with 2 smd in it (home made one pictured above) that was altered to plug into the factory socket.
I changed the stereo color to blue to match the new blue led's

Home Made LED (6).jpg

HVAC (14).jpg

HVAC (17).jpg

HVAC (19).jpg

LED (2).jpg

LED (3).jpg

Decided to do the gauge cluster today. Nothing broke.....YAY! This took 4 T10-8-smd's. I left the turn single, battery light, seat belt light alone so they remain the original color.
I love that blue! Nothing like a blue car with blue interior and blue led's....:)

LED (4).jpg

LED (5).jpg

looks great Spree, I forgot to mention the short little phillips screws on the underside of the long bezel above the instrument cluster, I guess you saw those :cool:

Yeah, I knew those were there just wasn't sure where the clips were at. You were right about lightly wrestling the gauge cluster out! Took me a minute to figure how to wiggle it out...:)

It's not nearly that bright in person. Not sure why the camera make it look twice as bright as it is in real life. I can always tone it down with the dimmer tho
I hear you can buy gel filters for the display in the eatc and message center but what holds them in place. I don't think there sticky

yea, the inst cluster with LED's looks really good, I did my ivory one that way a while ago

They are still dimmable. It looks a lot better in person, not as bright as the pic's show.

"for your next mission, should you choose to accept it": replace steering wheel (CC) button lights!
---
(then show me how to do it ) :cool:

Are they suppose to light up on a 94??? If there suppose to....let me know so I can fix them too! (Nothing lights up on a 94 steering wheel as far as I know). I am going to look at the window buttons tho and post the results. Wish I had an extra button to play with! Hate to break the only one's I have but I ran across new never used ones somewhere last week for 10 bux each.

i got a few switches laying around u can have to expieriment on if you pay for shipping.

so is the hardest part about doin the led setup just being gentle taking the car apart and being able to solder?

Yes be gentle, I'm not sure you have to solder, just couldn't find any plug and play led's. The one for the thumb wheel in the eatc you have to make

Wasn't happy with the console led's. I bought two different kinds of led's from two different company's. They turned out to be two different color blue's. So......I'm re-doing the console led's. I took the extra led's I had left over and made my own for the lighter ring, defrost switch (changed this from a T4 to a T5, that was a job) and I'm working on the message center. I have to order new led's for the eatc and re-solder the one's I get into the original sockets. I will have to make one for the thumb wheel.
So far....so good.
Starting to get tired of messing with led's but.....it has to be perfect!

Home Made LED Fix (1).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (2).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (3).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (4).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (5).jpg

The message center led and rw defrost switch led are now a T10-8-smd installed into a T4 neo socket.....look's good!
All the led's should match now with the exception of the eatc which I will have to order.
I noticed last night that I not only have to do the window buttons but I have to do the rear view mirror dimmer switch as well.
Decided to change the o/d off button to blue also.

Edit: eatc led's and gel filter's on order and should be by next weekend.

Home Made LED Fix (6).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (7).jpg

Home Made LED Fix (8).jpg

Home Made LED (8).jpg

which led bulbs did you use for the array of individual lights (od off, cel, anti theft etc.)

which led bulbs did you use for the array of individual lights (od off, cel, anti theft etc.)

I went with the normal factory light bulbs for that stuff. I tried led's in all those. Red in red, yellow in yellow, green in green. Hoping that it would make everything a deeper color, but it didn't. Even put a blue led in the OD off button for a while and it turned the OD off blue too. The only thing that bothered me was....with led's in those spots, they all were glowing just a little bit even when they were off. At night I didn't think they looked good glowing like that. So I put the original bulbs back in. I think it looks better that way. But....all the blue led's I put in the gauges, rear window defrost switch, head light switch area, lighter and eatc.....don't glow when off and look great. The gel filters look good too. I tried two different colors and sent some to "97MarkJA". I hope he post some pics after he put's them in. I want to see what they look like in a gen2.
When you go all blue in the gauges the red lines disappear (red line for the tach and the low line for the gas gauge), anything red at night you can't see them anymore and your bright indicator turns green for some reason. I left the blinkers, battery, low fuel....all that stuff alone (with normal bulbs). didn't want to change the color for those.
In this thread...http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?90062-LED-lights-install/page4...post #100, pic #5, you can see thaywood's alarm light glowing! That is off! I didn't want that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back