Kill Stories

I cant really tell the difference between any model Charger, they all look the same. I figured it'd win since it does have almost 100 lb ft of torque over an LS though and they compare it to the G8GT which would definentely smoke any year LS. They did rip the Charger apart though calling it a pile of crap in more way than one. I still think the Charger would win over an LS though because those 22's can be like anchors.

I don't understand all the talk about the size of thr rims. Almost every sports car built today comes with 19" or up in rim size. And the difference in the weight between a 20" rim and a stock 17' rim is almost nothing. The only thing those wider rims and tires lose is MPG. The car handles better with those larger rims and wider footprint. It's all in your mind about being slower. Everytime I hear I lost because my rims are to big, I crack up laughing. How about the other car was just faster. Excuses are like :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs everyone has one. Suck it up and be a man.

You ever see how much some of those "chrome 22's" weigh compared to stock wheels or forged racing wheels?

You think rotational mass of a wheel has nothing to do with a car's power transfer to the ground?

You ever see how much some of those "chrome 22's" weigh compared to stock wheels or forged racing wheels?

You think rotational mass of a wheel has nothing to do with a car's power transfer to the ground?

+1 on that one.

+2

Have you ever actually weighed your wheels? Or your stock wheels for that matter? Ok maybe 22's weigh more than a stock 17", But I do know that my 20's with tires, that were on my Acura TL weighed a whopping 1/2 lb more than my stock 16's with tires. But I guess 2 lbs is a big deal, like a whole second. If small rims and tires were key then your corvettes and lambos would have 15's on them and not 19's and 20's. Do you have weigh in's before your races? What if you weigh 180lbs and the other guy weighs 175? What then do you cry because he is lighter than you? Those rims make no difference at all if anything they would help you with grip on your take off. I guess those drag cars with tires that are almost 3 feet in diameter don't really know what they are doing. You guys should call them and give them your little secret that 17" rims are the way to win. You guys sound so ridiculous, but then again how many of you guys actually had a race on a track with money on the line?

yes i have weighed the wheels, stock 17's were 42lbs with tire. 19's were 60lbs. Sorry Ive been to the track once, ran a 14.2. The LS is a joke if you keep bringing it there to win money. what do you race civics?

I have never raced my Ls, it is a V6 and not worth my time or money. I race my 88 mustang GT and I was racing my 04 Cobra until my ex wrecked it. Both cars ran in the 9's. Well now only the 88 runs in the 9's. And there will never be a kill story involving my Ls. Me losing or winning with it, because I don't race it. I hate when guys wanna race my Ls, with civics, vettes and all sorts of other cars. And I use to get a kick out of guys that pulled up next to me in my Cobra. Most people think its just another mustang, Let alone one with 739 Hp. I never even wasted my time running against a V8 Ls. You think the roll bar cage would clue people in that it wasn't a regular everyday Cobra. Although there are alot of people out there that would see the car and go wonder if I can beat a mustang? A few guys found out what Cobra tail lights look like, even some of the Z 06 guys who thought they had the Cobra wrapped up. Hmm wonder what the car would have ran with a shot of NOS. Oh and if I would have taken the 19's off and put on 17's WOW, forget about I might have ran 3 second 1/4 miles. Why didn't I switch my rims earlier?

Lincoln Ave, I have many years building racing vehicles, including various years of Mustang Cobra (Terminators included), and also drag racing many various vehicles. You have allot to learn when it comes to understanding how rotational mass affects a street vehicle's ET in the 1/4.

I call 100% bullsh1t on your claimed 9 second Cobra. First of all if you have a 9 second Cobra you sure as hell would not be hitting those times with 19" rims and tires. Nowhere near enough sidewall to allow sufficient weight transfer to occur for achieving good launches. Thats the reason why weekend dragracers go for smaller rims with their slicks is because of that. The fella's running full tubs with large slicks care much more about getting enough traction to allow a proper launch (contact patch and sidewall) rather than eating a little horsepower to turn the tires. Street vehicles do not have anywhere near as bad of traction problems as drag vehicles do. That is the reason why it is more beneficial for them to run smaller diameter rims and also smaller diameter tires too. Being that they are only having "mild" traction issues they can get away with smaller tires with less sidewall; thus creating less rotational drag but also allowing higher potential for traction loss. Comparing drag vehicle configurations and street vehicle configurations like they are the same is usually not something that a fella who has run in the single digits does. Through the years I have been a member of many different performance vehicle forums as member, moderator, vendor, and performance business owner I have become quite adept at spotting bullsh1tters. I have observed your posting characteristics before on this forum and you fit that profile quite well.

Someone who has to qualify the content of their posts by the previous cars they may or may not have owned probably never knew much in the first place. I am not saying you know nothing, because I do believe that you aren't exactly a total newb with this stuff. Regardless of that I can still tell you have a ways to go when it comes to understanding the physics and strategy behind this stuff.

Lincoln, you can either continue being an ass in your posts 3/4 of the time or you can simmer down a bit and actually learn something from those of us who know this stuff inside and out.

Hey Lincoln Ave did you have those $40 exhaust cans on your 739 hp Cobra too like the ones that someone who should remain nameless wanted to put on they LS? :shifty:

If you're talking about kills with the LS, I can only count one bird that was too slow to take off, and a boatload of bugs. If you count firearms and my size 12s, I can add a few possums, some raccoons, and a mouse or two...

Heylife I have no clue what you are talking about with $40 cans? And by the way ILLS if you have never seen the car run and know nothing of my setup how can you tell me what I run and don't run. You can't exactly drive your car to the track on slicks. And the Cobra was meant to run on the street everyday. As for the 88 GT, it does sit on slicks, but it is for the track mostly. The 88 is a 3 speed slap auto and would burn a full tank of gas just getting to the track. But the Cobra is wrecked as stated before and yes it did run in the 9's with 19's on it. And Iam not being an ass ILLS iam using facts from my own personal experiences. And as for a Ls, they don't have enough power to need slicks, and a 16" rim or 20" rim makes no difference on tis vechile.

a 16" rim or 20" rim makes no difference on tis vechile.

How does logic exclude this vehicle?

Do you have any other vehicles you would like to share that this applies to?

I'm sure there must be some if what you say is true:rolleyes: .

Sport cars that have been coming with larger wheels don't drag race,... they road race!

And by the way ILLS if you have never seen the car run and know nothing of my setup how can you tell me what I run and don't run. You can't exactly drive your car to the track on slicks. And the Cobra was meant to run on the street everyday. But the Cobra is wrecked as stated before and yes it did run in the 9's with 19's on it. And Iam not being an ass ILLS iam using facts from my own personal experiences. And as for a Ls, they don't have enough power to need slicks, and a 16" rim or 20" rim makes no difference on tis vechile.

So then what tires were you running with the 19" rims on the 04 Cobra to hit 9's??? ;) Sure as heck wasn't on street tires. Better have been Drag radials or better... So which ones? I assume DR's right?...

Last night down range I won a drifting contest racing to my Launchers in my HMMWV between my crewmembers and I. It was great.

Not to mention you say that 22's handle better because they are wider? Ha right. Not only would they handle worse, you'd track every single rut in the road.

I'd rather have a 17 or 18" wheel that allows for sidewall flex in a bit meatier tire when cornering than a 22 with rubber bands wrapped around the tire.

Well I personally never ran 22's on a vehicle but I have run 20's. And my truck does have 26's on it. But its a truck and not a car. And a larger tire does equeal better handling, maybe your suspension isn't right or a 22 is just to big. But as ILLS aggreed earlier, those larger tires are on sports cars for road handling. But I just don't know anything, I only have a V6 Ls and I have no clue about those V8's that you guys have. I'll just stick to talking about my 9 second cars. Well only one now. But don't worry guys pics will be coming soon. Maybe tomorrow since I have the day off. Gotta find the Cobra pics, I have the wrecked pics in front of me.

SO what tire was on your 19's DR's or slicks...... if you ran 9's on 19's that means with the right tire setup you have a 7 second cobra..... MY ASS!!

I ran my Cobra on everyday tires, since you are such a pro you tell me what they were and they were not Dr's or slicks. I saw a post awhile ago where you were asking how to launch your Ls, Looking for the right Rpm's. So I doubt you know anything about a 9 second car let alone a 7 second car.

Well, this one time in Tel-afar... this local insurgent leader was trying to insight a riot in a market by tearing down posters for the January elections... from only 150 meters away with an M24...

Oh wait... not what you wanted...

Members online

No members online now.
Back