Kansas Missouri Arkansas Nebraska come to Hooters for the first cruise of spring!!!!

Well, there is the Mark VIII, the Continental (that needs a new belt and is as dirty as crap), the 1949 Chrysler Windsor, the 1948 Plymouth P-15 club coupe and the 1940 Plymouth P-10 business coupe.

The only one that I would consider driving up there is the Continental and even then I don't feel like driving through 8 inches of snow. Both ways.

:(:( We won't need the cones. And today was my day off also, sorry I should have made that clearer. The next meet will be soon after this and also posted in it's own thread. This is more of a meet and greet as of now. But my mark will be there. See y'all tomorrow.

If you can measure 8 inches of snow tomorrow, in the street [not the curb] I will kiss you right on the ass when we meet. It wont stick or even turn to snow. Maybe tonight around 4:00 am it will turn to bs snow for a minute. I'm just sayin.

See you there man. I can't wait.
And infarc that is a !00% white boy bet. COme on man.

I *KNOW* what my mood is going to be like if I pass on this and this magical winter storm doesn't appear.

Tell you what, I will get up in the AM and have a look at the weather and make a determination then.

And I am not worried about 8 inches of snow in Kansas City or Springfield, I am worried about it in Clinton, MO. Which I have to drive through.

Ok, I got my Mark all back together and running again, right before it started raining! Defiantly need to clean things up later, but at least it will make it to the meet.

I do need some hood hinges! I was able to kinda fix mine for the time being, but if anyone has any PLEASE bring them!

Just the hinges? I can pull the ones off my donor car.

Let me restate that. Assuming it isn't raining when I get home (post 11 pm) I will see if I can pull them off the donor. It's outdoors.

Does the wiper cowl have to come off to pull the hinges?

Yes, you need to loosen it to get to the last bolt. There are THREE 8mm Bolts that hold it to the body.

If you can grab them that would be AWESOME!

I'll do what I can. This entirely depends on the weather and the patience of the wife. :)

Donor car what? I need a pair of front bags. Anyone have'em I'll buy'em.

Donor car what? I need a pair of front bags. Anyone have'em I'll buy'em.

The donor is a 94. At least one of the front bags is shot, probably both of them. The front end was dragging the ground and the alternator was dead, which is how I managed to pick up a running donor with no body damage for 200 bucks. :)

So I don't have any bags for you, sorry. If they were good, you could have them.

HOLY CRAP, I just went back outside and there is already an inch of accumulated snow out there!!

If the weather totally takes a dump on us and I can't get up there, I'll ship you those hinges if you want them.

That would be cool!

So, is there anyway we could reschedule this meet for next sat? Just think next Sat is supposed to be 55 and sunny!

I was planning on going to the Corner Cafe in Riverside, about 9am and meeting up with Go Fast and Kevin. The more the merrier as the Lincoln train heads to the HOOTER"S or nearby parking garage. I put a new compressor in my car and re-painted my grill flat black. See those of you who are showing... at the noon hour or real close to that. Peace

I plan on being in the hooters parking lot. When we want some pics we can move to the garage. This snow blows. I can't believe this is the first day of spring. The next meet will have a fall back day. sorry guys the farmers almanac lied.:(:(

See you all there. :cool:
The weather channel is calling for 2-5 inches before Saturday is done, just a heads up. Don't be scared. I have an hours drive in good weather. I'm up for it.

Last edited:
See you all there. :cool:
The weather channel is calling for 2-5 inches before Saturday is done, just a heads up. Don't be scared. I have an hours drive in good weather. I'm up for it.

My drive will be 3.5 hours through the worst of it (about 40-70 miles south of kc) just to get there, then another 3.5 hour drive back, through the same crud.

I hope the forecast is better in the morning but I have fears.

Just to add insult to injury, they are now calling for a nice coating of ice on top of everything else today

I just can't make it. I am really sorry.

The chamelion is running now. We will be out the door soon and heading for the car wash.

Well, the wife and I aren't going to make it with our Marks. We can't get up the hill at the end of our street. Game over.

Have to plan one of these in the warmer months- I can't wait to make it to one.

There is a meet in Boscobel Wisconsin on the third weekend in July, this will be the fifth year for this meet. It would be good to have everyone there.

Members online

Back