Kansas city and KCMO in the SUN meet.

There will be a big cruise on Saturday evening at the new Bass Pro shops in Independence after the Dragstrip, we can discuss at the meet.

Hey MercuryLS, What is the idea horning in on Our Shops Mod Day. April 25th, has been in the works for a month now, for a lincoln get together at our shop in Holt,Mo. Here's my take, WTF does no one read these post. Screw it, I'll leave it up to those who Have replied in the affirmative. Do we still want to do this at Wanderlust Kustoms shop or not?

Like i said:

Ah, I had no part in scheduling this. I just found out today and figured I would spread the news.

And it's not a "Lincoln Dyno Day", It's just a dyno day. Again, I had just found out about it and thought I would share.

If people from here have already made plans, it's not going to hurt my feelings.

Hey MercLS, no problem. Everyone could use a little free info. Thanks for the quick reply, Sorry we won't get to see you on the 25th.(I take it you'll be in Lawrence on that day?) Hope to see you all tommorow. Have a great night!

Last edited:
Where's the love this time. Come on lincoln peeps. I just thought that we would have a 10-15 person turnout. But the group we do have is awesome. You guys are great and I thank everyone who shows for their commradery [sp]. I think we've got a good bunch here.

Hey steve look what I found. :cool:

PICT0324.jpg

1,254 views on this thread woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [too bad 75% were me.]

I don't know if anyone is going to get back on here before the meet, but I may be running late. I have a line up on a "loner" head unit. So if I get that, I will be able to drive out in my car!

Had a great time!

Can't wait to do this again!

I was going to upload a pic, but LVC servers suck, and it is trying to limit me to a 100k file size!!?!!

Anyways, nice to meet you all!! Time to head to yet another function.....

Can't wait to do this again!

I was going to upload a pic, but LVC servers suck, and it is trying to limit me to a 100k file size!!?!!

Anyways, nice to meet you all!! Time to head to yet another function.....

Hey Jason,
Put the pics in PhotoBucket then link in the thread.

Here are a couple good ones from my cell phone.

All lined up. Probably what a lot at the Lincoln dealer looked like!
SSPX0060.jpg

The KC crew
SSPX0031.jpg

I hated for it to end but leaving was a blast. Like a scene from Cannonball Run! :D

Pic's on Youtube

Here is a link for all you non-Facebookers I created a 5m 50s vid from the photo's of todays festivities.

YouTube- VTS_01_1.VOB

Enjoy, I know I did. Great meeting and getting to hang with Everyone. Much appreciation for all who attended this event. Plan on an all day and well into the evenung next time, Lots to do and see. Peace, Steve Burns-Luxury Muscle,President.

Let's see if it will let me upload these...

Had a bit of a mishap coming back from KC, it'll put mine out of commission for a while. But it was nice to see all those Mark VIIIs together and it was even nicer to meet everyone.

P4107143.jpg

P4107147.jpg

P4107148.jpg

P4107149.jpg

P4107150.jpg

P4107151.jpg

P4107152.jpg

P4107153.jpg

P4107154.jpg

P4107155.jpg

P4107156.jpg

P4107160.jpg

P4107162.jpg

P4107164.jpg

P4107165.jpg

P4107166.jpg

P4107167.jpg

P4107169.jpg

P4107171.jpg

P4107174.jpg

:eek: Not cool,:eek: tell us what happened:eek:. Thanks for the great pics. Even if the car can't come we would love to have a LVC camera man. And be able to pick that brain of yours.

Nice pics Infarc! Hooters girls, oh yeah! What happened on the way home?

Was going south towards Springfield, got near Harrisonville and the headlights cut out. Just flicker flicker BAM, no headlights. The running lights were working OK, but the headlights cut. When I pulled over to the side of the road, they came back on. So I stomped around and shook the car and pulled fuses and turned switches but nothing seemed to be able to duplicate it. So back on the road I went.

Then BAM lights out again. Pulled over again, lights came on AGAIN. Got back on road, lights out. Pulled onto exit, pulled into this crazy parking lot that looked like a jail or something but was really well lit, lifted the hood and... all the lights in the parking lot went out. WTF?

Anyway, got back on the road, lights seemed to be OK. I was messing around with the switches, glanced down for a second, looked back up and there in the middle of the road was a TRUCK TIRE, complete with mounting to a steel wheel. I swerved enough to keep from hitting it main force, but I nailed it with the passenger side front wheel, which brought the entire car up on two wheels for a brief instant. I managed to keep it under control and then got it off the road again at the next exit. Throughout all this the lights STAYED ON. I pulled off and inspected the damage, the passenger side body got beat up and the inner fender cover on the front passenger side is toast. There was no damage to the front or rear wheel which is kind of odd since both of them hit the truck tire squarely.

Got back on the road and the motherferking lights go out AGAIN. This time they stayed off long enough for me to mess with them for a second, and I am pretty sure I isolated the issue to be the multifunction switch. After they came on again (the moment I got stopped) I scrabbled at the switch and couldn't get it to cause them to go off again, but if I went to high beams those were rock steady, so I drove the rest of the way home with high beams on. Which isn't really that much of an issue since there are many cars on the road that have brighter low beams than my high beams.

So now I have body work to do, and probably a repaint because there are gouges down the passenger side. I am also going to have to inspect the front end pieces because they took a heck of a knock. When I got home I could clearly smell a whiff of gas when I stopped the car, so there may have been some damage to the fuel tank as well.

We are just glad that you and yours are alright. It sucks about the car though. Good luck to you , and I will help in any way I can.

Members online

Back