Ive been gone for a while, but here's an update w/pics!

Sooooooo........ No takers on the fender vents, huh? LOL! :lol: They were a daring move for my second build but you must know that there were no such thing as a "stick-on" vents back then hence, they weren't as tacky as they may be now. They are real, functional vents, not stick-ons and were designed to vent engine compartment heat and for nitrous purges. I figured I'd get some heat for them on LVC! I really don't want to repaint the whole nose again as it is a ton of work and the DuPont Chomalusion paint alone is around $400 per pint! Maybe I'll just delete the chrome from them, I'll come up with something, we'll see.

That stereo install was done in a major rush, as I needed to get it done for her first show, but I love the way it came out too. People used to always ask me where the subs were, then I'd have them look through the rear windshield! The subwoofer location is great for sound quality, SPL, and to prevent rattles, It didn't have any rattles at all! The new system will have a somewhat similar layout but will be redesigned for 4 subs and more amps.

Hey 1bad4.6ltr, I like the color of your car!:) I had no problems fitting those wheels, I just had to roll the rear fender lips. I may go with a 35 offset for the front next time, as I am running a 1/4" spacer and the wheels could still come out a bit further. Thanks, RippedCamel, It took me a while to find a good set for the G1 because I wanted a staggered set that was either black or dark grey center with a chrome or polished lip. Plus, I wanted something more on the sporty side, as the G2 already has the bling. I can't wait to have both Gens sitting next to eachother, completed!

Thanks Kstills, the wing is from a '98 NON-SHO Taurus. In the pictures, it is unmodified, so there is a small gap at the inner corners of the pedestals. I wanted a cleaner finish for build #2 and re-molded the pedestals of the wing to contour perfectly on the G2 trunklid, and it is angled slightly higher now. As for the front bumper, for build #1 I removed the grille section of the lower opening, completely. I relocated the OEM trans cooler and mounted a set of Sylvania Xenarc HID foglights to the bumper reinforcement bar. Those fogs were a perfect compliment to the OEM HID hedlights, I loved driving at night! I added a pair of "winglets" to the corners of the bumper in order to pull out the tucked in lower section of the car a bit. They were made for a VW Beetle, I modified them to work, and made them less aggressive.

Thanks for the feedback and the honesty, everyone!

When did our cars get outboard trans coolers?

When did our cars get outboard trans coolers?

dealer installed with TC shudder TSB..........

the little winglets, ive been thinking of something like that......i thought the Mach 1 lip would cover up the front of the tire, but it didnt cover nothing......i like it.........

Members online

No members online now.
Back