Interior swap gen 1

This is what I have here now and they came out of the 93. It seems like they were on the top sides but they are nothing like the ones I have in the 95 and I got them out of the 94

DoorStrips_zps8b69f9df.gif

These here are out of the 94 I had

Oct30th022.jpg

Yeah, I just checked them on mine and they don't cover the sides like I would prefer on a white car. I like the emblem but I like the sides being there a little better, on mine anyway.

Dilemma:
the black door panels i bought are from a 94: no tweeter speaker at door top
I also have tan door panels from a 95 with 'premium sound/two speakers in door
----
should i paint the tan door panels black? or cut in the tweeter speaker on the black 94 panels?

The only difference in premium/ non premium sound is the trim on the panel. If you swap the trim from your tan door panels, you can install the tweeters on the black panels.

Just install better speakers in the door and leave out the tweeters, but I'm not a sound guy, I like how a car looks and drives over having premium sound.

Dilemma:
the black door panels i bought are from a 94: no tweeter speaker at door top
I also have tan door panels from a 95 with 'premium sound/two speakers in door
----
should i paint the tan door panels black? or cut in the tweeter speaker on the black 94 panels?

My 95 has 94 door panels with the tweeter holes but no tweeters in them. Like mentioned above, get good speakers and you will never miss them.

Swap the upper black tweeter trim like DD said. I put after market tweeters in the stock tweeter spots with slight fabrication where tweeter mounts and new woofers in along with the Kenwood and everything rocks!

....swap the trim from your tan door panels...
from the back of the panel I didn't see where the strip across the top comes apart from the rest of the panel; just pry it off from the front/out side?

from the back of the panel I didn't see where the strip across the top comes apart from the rest of the panel; just pry it off from the front/out side?

NO NO PRYING you will break it right off, if you look at the back of the door panel there are plastic studs where the trim comes through and the fasteners are very hard to get off without breaking the hollow stud. So if you have a junk door panel try it on that first, cause most likely you will break the stud and have a awh S#@$ moment.

NO NO PRYING you will break it right off, if you look at the back of the door panel there are plastic studs where the trim comes through and the fasteners are very hard to get off without breaking the hollow stud. So if you have a junk door panel try it on that first, cause most likely you will break the stud and have a awh S#@$ moment.

Exactly why I just left mine on there. Might decide to install the tweeters I have stashed back one day.

need to swap int door handles...drill out rivets to remove? then bolt it with lock nuts to reinstall at it's new home?
---
1001220645.jpg

1001220645.jpg

LOL...use a little PB Blaster on them and take your time. They'll come off without breaking. The nut's and studs may be behind the sound proofing stuff. You'll see it.

There is some foam you have to cut out to get to the nuts on the plastic studs.

need to swap int door handles...drill out rivets to remove? then bolt it with lock nuts to reinstall at it's new home?

Grind down the rivet heads, use a center punch to knock out the cores and then a drill to loosen the shank. Then there is a plastic hook holding it in the back that most people forget about so make sure you lift up before you remove.

There is some foam you have to cut out to get to the nuts on the plastic studs.
for those nuts on the back of the panel, it looks like a reversed/external 6-point socket would loosen em...is there such an animal?
---
1004233028.jpg

1004233028.jpg

I finally got around to salvaging the black interior door handles; I left the cable on the handle and removed the other end from the latch; to reuse it I'd rather reuse the cable that's already in the door and just swap handles;
---
from looking at some old threads it seems this cable is designed to be removed from the handle end? i can't see how that happens- there's a slot at one end where it could come out, but it looks fixed at the other end?
---
P1280873.jpg
---
P1280875.jpg
----
P1280876.jpg
----
P1280879.jpg
----
P1280880.jpg
----

P1280873.jpg

P1280875.jpg

P1280876.jpg

P1280879.jpg

P1280880.jpg

I finally got around to salvaging the black interior door handles; I left the cable on the handle and removed the other end from the latch; to reuse it I'd rather reuse the cable that's already in the door and just swap handles;

Looks just like the brake cables for my bicycle. If its anything like a bike, you'll rotate the cable itself up, then slide to the right to take it out.

If its anything like a bike, you'll rotate the cable itself up, then slide to the right to take it out.
yea, after the collar at the end of the outer sleeve is popped away from it's positive stop/holder it pulls out easy....duh

The only difference in premium/ non premium sound is the trim on the panel. If you swap the trim from your tan door panels, you can install the tweeters on the black panels.
done
----
P1290872.jpg
---
P1290873.JPG
---
P1290874.JPG
---
clean swap, the black 94 panels had everything in place to attach the tweets from the 95 and top trim strips swapped easily
----
if anyone wants/need these tan panels, they're in good shape...no charge for the panels, I just need a box and $ for shipping

P1290872.jpg

P1290873.JPG

P1290874.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back