Interior swap gen 1

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I filled up my truck with parts from a BoB 95 LSC, mostly interior: seats, sail panels, console, under dash and kick panels. The plan is to swap out the ivory interior in one of my 96's. Tonight I realized the donor car was a 94- lots of parts have a production date around 9/93 (eatc, vrcm, seat motors, inst cluster)
The seller may also have the steering wheel and dash (front and rear) at his shop. He'll find out next week.
---
I'm trying to figure out which interior parts from the 94 will and won't fit in my 96.
Thanks

I've done it...ask away.

CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0050.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0090.jpg

CIMG0087.jpg

95/96s are fairly interchangeable most 93/94 parts will work in a 95/96, but there are differences.

CIMG0087.jpg

CIMG0090.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0050.jpg

CIMG0049.jpg

the first difference I notice is stereo HU and eatc beezle: the donor beezle is black (94 LSC) and single din. Single din is no prob and I think the 94 has trac control. Will that 94 beezle fit and bolt on the 96?
---
will the center console (with the armrest, cupholder, ashtray, shifter surround) fit onto my 96?
---
at this point I also have the rear 'sail' panels, the door panels, the top-front dash (with opti sensor), the glove box, the steering column surround, the panels under the steering column, and the kick panels for either side. Also the trim pieces along the door tops inside. I presume all those from the 94 will fit my 96
---
which int trim pieces changed from 94-96?

So wait you're saying you pulled the interior out of a 1st gen BOB LSC? Yet the interior parts were all from a 94? Did the car have any other LSC only parts to distinguish it as one? Those black seats you posted in another thread with the rip in the leather are base mark viii seats since they aren't perforated. Also fyi there is no such thing as a 94 LSC..95 was the first year. The reason the radio and eatc bezel look different is because the 93/94s used a single din radio opposed to the 95/96 double din radio. All 93/94 parts should interchange with the exception of the dash being different and possible the center console where it mates up to the dash.

The first difference I notice is stereo HU and eatc bezel: the donor bezel is black (94 LSC) and single din. Single din is no prob and I think the 94 has trac control. Will that 94 bezel fit and bolt on the 96?

You have to use a 95/96 dash with a 95/96 center councel and radio bezel

will the center console (with the armrest, cup holder, ashtray, shifter surround) fit onto my 96?

If it is from a 94 no.

at this point I also have the rear 'sail' panels, the door panels, the top-front dash (with opti sensor), the glove box, the steering column surround, the panels under the steering column, and the kick panels for either side. Also the trim pieces along the door tops inside. I presume all those from the 94 will fit my 96

Those all should fit except the steering column plastic might be a little different (Can't remember)

Which interior trim pieces changed from 94-96?

Mostly the dash and center council, if it is a color change your going to want the weather stripping as well.

Does that all make sense?

Gen I (93/94)
Console%20(9).jpg

Gen I.5 (95/96)

003%20[Desktop%20Resolution].JPG

003%20[Desktop%20Resolution].JPG

Console%20(9).jpg

the seller stripped the car and then cut it in half to throw it away; he's keeping the engine, trans and rear susp, rear end
He said it was an LSC, but he also said it was a 95, however, several parts have a prod date late 93
---
oh well, so much for my great 'deal'...still need center console, and dash...

---
94 seats, sail panels, and door panels should be okay for the 96?

pretty sure he went to gen 2 interior Spree; thanks for all the helpful photos Eric
---
Spree, weren't you thinking about getting black int pieces?
-----
ultimately I'm just gonna tear into it and see what I got, then what I need...some stuff will get painted probably

I thought I found a good dash in SC, and maybe I did- the vendor told me it's been sitting in the car outside for 40 months, he can't say what condition it is in. I did find gray carpet from a 95 locally

thanks DD, that def seems like an easier way to get a color change on the dash; Krylon Fusion paint eh?

MarkVIIIedrea, did you replace interior door handles with the ones from the gen 2?

I have a black console boxed up in the garage. :) I don't plan to use it either. I need to make sure that it has a lid or not and if it does, it seems like the spring action didn't work. It shuts and opens fine but IIRC, it just stays down but really, how often are you digging in there? I don't think the lid is still with it.

I have a black console boxed up in the garage. :) I don't plan to use it either. I need to make sure that it has a lid or not and if it does, it seems like the spring action didn't work. It shuts and opens fine but IIRC, it just stays down but really, how often are you digging in there? I don't think the lid is still with it.

Don't have an extra black shifter handle with a black button do you?

Terry, you sold me a black lid a few years back... wonder if its from that console.

Terry, you sold me a black lid a few years back... wonder if its from that console.

No Dan, this one has the lid on it and it's in excellent condition around the edges. The button on it needs to be replaced and the lid doesn't have the spring action either. The box is full of those peanuts so, I'm trying not to take it out completely but the lid is there. I paid $70 for it and $20 shipping and never put in because it wasn't going to look right with what I done to my interior. It came out of a black on black 96 LSC that a member here had.

Spree, I sold the black shifter handle I had to that guy that turns them into wood. The other two I had were left in the cars when they were pulled away.

I'm trying to obtain the plastic threshhold strips that go along the door bottoms, will gen 2 work on my 96?

Yes but I prefer the 93's because they are the only ones that say “Mark VIII". There all interchangeable (if you’re talking about the door sil plate)

yea, the piece that covers the carpet edge..it sit inside the car when the door is closed, inside the WS

If 93's work, I have some nice black ones that came out of the 93. Gonna keep messin around and you'll have all my extra parts lol. I'm not gonna do anything with most of this stuff though. I might have pics of the plates. If not, I'll post a couple for you.

Members online

Back