Intake

Kevin O'Connell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever extrude honed a stock Mark intake? Wonder if the cost would be worth it in performance gains?
Is it worth the performance gains to change MAF size, injector size, throttle assembly without other mods? Assuming a tune for this set up goes in at the same time.

I was told the intake tubes are too thin to extrude hone.

Without other mods demanding an increase in air or fuel, changing the MAF, throttle body or injectors are not going to give any increase in HP.

Anybody ever extrude honed a stock Mark intake? Wonder if the cost would be worth it in performance gains?

Driller had one cut apart and polished, he would be the one to ask if it was worth it... as far as actual extrude honing not that I know of...

Is it worth the performance gains to change MAF size

No... the only reason to upgrade is if you can peg the stock sensor which we are far from being able to, the Mark comes with a HUGE 80mm factory...

injector size

Nope, not even close to maxing out the stock injectors NA.

throttle assembly

Not really... on the first gen just verify if both flaps are actually opening all the way...

Assuming a tune for this set up goes in at the same time

Ding Ding we have a winner... a tune is going to benefit you much much more than any of the other mods you mentioned....

Driller had one cut apart and polished, he would be the one to ask if it was worth it... as far as actual extrude honing not that I know of...

I saw a definite increase in mid to upper rpms with the polished intake. Basically, the plenum was cut apart, the inlet tubes were radiused at the plenum and the entire intake was polished inside and out. The ports were then gasket matched (which really did not require very much). Paired with the headers it was a definite boost in HP levels.

op4.jpg

That rocks! What did it cost to do the porting and polishing?Anybody know wall thickness on the tubes?

i have a few 1st gen intakes if someone wants to do the same thing that driller did. sell em cheap too! or i'll polish it and the price will go way up!

Members online

No members online now.
Back