Installed V1 into my LS

I've had V1's in my cars for 6 or 7 years now and they have never let me down.
No one else has the directional arrows which I find invaluable.
I usually mount them next to the driver A pillar out of site of thieves and cops.
It's more in the line of sight than the remote dash setup.
Just have to leave a little room for the knob.
The cops won't see or notice it from outside or even if they stick their head into your car.
I also run the Laser Interceptor jammer in the LS and a Blinder 25 in my Camaro.
I've taken up to 3 seconds to respond to being painted by lidar. The laser cops shoot me again after I've slowed down and turned off the jammer,then they shake their heads and look at me funny as I go by. Priceless!
These devices allow me to pretty much drive as I please especially on familiar roads in my area.

i9162.jpg

Yea I would love to have a jammer. I have read that being caught with a jammer in OK is maximum $200 fine. But if I got stopped with one and they ripped it out or something that would totally not be worth it.

Also yesterday I caught some laser, I am not sure if it was reflection or just a shot @ an oncoming car next to me, I was stopped @ a light waiting to turn left, and out of nowhere the laser alert went crazy for about 5 seconds and stopped. It was dark so I could not see the LEO anywhere. But it was a front shot so I guess where I have it mounted is good.

Yea I would love to have a jammer. I have read that being caught with a jammer in OK is maximum $200 fine. But if I got stopped with one and they ripped it out or something that would totally not be worth it.

Also yesterday I caught some laser, I am not sure if it was reflection or just a shot @ an oncoming car next to me, I was stopped @ a light waiting to turn left, and out of nowhere the laser alert went crazy for about 5 seconds and stopped. It was dark so I could not see the LEO anywhere. But it was a front shot so I guess where I have it mounted is good.

My V1 also goes off when the LI or Blinder jammer goes off.
In areas where they are illegal the cops may be using laser guns that can show a jam code but the LI is invisible except for 1 european gun I think.
Here in NY jammers are legal and mine says (in a sexy chicks voice, its a talking jammer telling you the type of gun you are jamming) "Parking Aid Deactivated" after 5 seconds turning it on.
It also has a stereo inturrupt wire for my Kenwood 9140 2000 watt monster stereo and a com port for updates.
It's a parking aid officer.
If you find out what kind of guns they use in your area you can check it on the charts at guys of lidar.
Visit www.guysoflidar.com for some exhaustive testing of guns jammers and radar detectors.

very nice might do the same but first am getting that viper 5902 installed :cool:

Laser detectors can give false alerts, some LED tail lights will set them off, here in Reno, on the Interstate going by the airport trips mine every time.

I would be very surprised if LEO's are using Laser after dark.

Laser detectors can give false alerts, some LED tail lights will set them off, here in Reno, on the Interstate going by the airport trips mine every time.

I would be very surprised if LEO's are using Laser after dark.

I have front and rear laser jammer modules and yes some bright headlights or bright sunlight will set them off momentarily but the sound of being painted by lidar is constant and unmistakable.
The LI warns me if bright sunlight has set it off telling me the sun is interfering and to precede with caution.
The lidar gun trips the stereo inturrupt and sets off a loud police siren sound in the LI(I have the external speaker hookup) and the sexy chick's voice names the gun and tells me to slow down.
The V1 goes off with a loud buzz along with the LI siren and together it really catches your attention.
I'd rather put up with the falsing than run uncloaked and unprotected.
The V1 falses a lot more than the LI but that's the price of driving as one pleases.
One knows when it's actually a cop and more than falsing from supermarket doors etc.
Tickets are a lot more annoying:(:mad: than putting up with some falsing:D.

Yea I suppose it could have been headlights from an oncoming car.

04 CTLS you are making me want to get a jammer setup... ARGH Why must OK outlaw it?!!! stupid

Yea I suppose it could have been headlights from an oncoming car.

04 CTLS you are making me want to get a jammer setup... ARGH Why must OK outlaw it?!!! stupid

You should get the Blinder for 350.00.
Troopers and patrol cops aren't the brightest people and I doubt
the current guns they have will give them a jam code.
As long as you slow down and turn the jammer off so they can clock you at a lower speed you'll be ok.
It's so momentary they'll hardly have time to think before their gun gives them a reading after you turn off the jammer.

The V1 will give off a false Laser reading when I am behind some GM SUV's, like the Trailblazer.

The V1 will give off a false Laser reading when I am behind some GM SUV's, like the Trailblazer.

SUV headlights trigger my rear jammer modules if the SUV pulls up right behind me.
It's the infra red part of the light spectrum and the height of the beams.

I wont get started again on V1 vs other detectors as this thread is about the V1, a very good detector. For those who are interested, I can get the Blinder M45 laser jammer and pretty much any detector except the V1. Each one has their strong point. I love my Bel RX65, no fancy arrows, but is very good at staying quiet and reducing false alerts, with sensitivity as good as the V1, at a better price. So with enough interest, I can drop the prices further.

Other cars on the road with blind spot sensing can trigger the laser. I have seen lidar used at night and was surprised, so it does happen but it must be hard to get a consistent reading with all the headlights adding noise to the signal. Laser sensing on a radar detector is useless since they already have your speed if you get the alert. Your better off with improved radar performance being up high in the windshield and out of sight should someone peek in and check for one. And please do yourself a favor and check the reseller ratings if you decide to buy something online. Some places ship the wrong item, if they even ship you anything at all.

Over 13 years with V1 and still going. I've got it up-graded in 2009 for $200 and I've never thought about any think else.:)

I was going to wait to get one of these but I found a cheap one on ebay so I grabbed it. I also bought the concealed display and an extra cluster to install the concealed display inside the cluster so it's more hidden and looks "stock". I wont have much time so it's probably going to take while to finish.

Sorry I kind of jacked your thread :shifty:

How's it working for you mounted that high andrizzle? I hope mine works good mounted that high. I dont know how much tint affects it, but there is the stock tint on the top part of the windshield, 50% on the whole windshield, and a 5% strip over over the stock tint strip.

You're going to have to get Ford to "marry" the new cluster to your car after you swap it so I would forget about that unless you want to tow it in and blow money plus since it's used they won't guarantee it will work.
I've had no problems front or back with my V1 mounted near the top of the A pillar.
I made an extension piece for 1 suction cup due to the slope of the windshield so the unit would sit level.
It is a 1/2 by 1 piece of 1/8 aluminum with 2 holes drilled on either end then folded into a U with a nut and bolt holding it to the stock mount frame and the suction cup fitting in the other side.
I can take a pic and post it if someone wants to see it.

Tint is not an issue.
Range is over a mile on a straight road and it picks up over hills and around corners 1/8 to 1/4 mile.

He could swap the gauge part and keep the backing as the same as the one in the car.. That would not need to be 'remarried'.. But then he would have to deal with the removing of needles and whatnot.. Just a thought

He could swap the gauge part and keep the backing as the same as the one in the car.. That would not need to be 'remarried'.. But then he would have to deal with the removing of needles and whatnot.. Just a thought

I'm still not sure if the needles would reset properly after being re and re'd.
I have a metric cluster and faceplate from a Gen1 I wanted to swap faceplates but no one can tell me if the needles will reset properly after doing their initial swing to the top and back when the car is first started after the re and re'ing.

The needles sit on what looks like little hobby motors so there is no stops or reference to go by other than pulling the needles close to 0mph/rpm 7 and 5 o'clock for temp and gas.
I think someone here put LED lights in their cluster which required removing the needles and faceplate but I can't recall if the needles being reset by the startup swing was mentioned there.

A guy swapped a gen 2 cluster into a Gen 1 with the method I mentioned.. He drives the car everyday and He said that all is well..

Maybe I'll swap out my faceplates then and put the metric one in.
I like the Gen 1 style better.
I cruise with the steering wheel tilted down and it blocks the mph on the stock US faceplate.
The metric has the mph below the kph and it wouldn't be obstructed.
Alax7 will have to spend the afternoon doing his original as having a cluster ready will be more work, money and inconvenience.

I didnt want to take my cluster out and mess with it, not knowing if I would like it, plus the time it would take, I would probably need it before I finished. I decided to buy used one to work on and if I like it, I'll take my cluster out and make the final installation on my stock unit and know exactly ehat to do for a fast installation. I wont install the used one, I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking it to the dealer and all that like 04SCTLS said, oh and thanks for answering my tint question.

Maybe I'll swap out my faceplates then and put the metric one in.
I like the Gen 1 style better.
I cruise with the steering wheel tilted down and it blocks the mph on the stock US faceplate.
The metric has the mph below the kph and it wouldn't be obstructed.
Alax7 will have to spend the afternoon doing his original as having a cluster ready will be more work, money and inconvenience.

What you doing with the gen 2 gauges? Swapping the Gen 1 needles in place of the Gen 2s? I would be interested in buying them off of you.. :D

I got as far as putting the gen 1 faceplate into this extra gen 2 cluster but when we put it in the car wouldn't start.
I want to be able to put the car back to stock so if I did swap out the faceplates I want to keep my gen 2 needles :eek::D

SDC10167 (Small).JPG

I got an extra gen2 faceplate in great condition I don't need but I don't have the extra gen2 needles anymore.

SDC10169 (Small).JPG

I was going to wait to get one of these but I found a cheap one on ebay so I grabbed it. I also bought the concealed display and an extra cluster to install the concealed display inside the cluster so it's more hidden and looks "stock". I wont have much time so it's probably going to take while to finish.

Sorry I kind of jacked your thread :shifty:

How's it working for you mounted that high andrizzle? I hope mine works good mounted that high. I dont know how much tint affects it, but there is the stock tint on the top part of the windshield, 50% on the whole windshield, and a 5% strip over over the stock tint strip.

Good buy, I really enjoy mine and it just gives me peace of mind a lot now.

The location I think is working really great, it picks up far in advance and the rear detection is a ton better than I imagined. The other poster is right, I am not sure how, but this detector reaches over and behind hills.... It doesn't make sense to me, but it is very cool!

The location I have it mounted with the concealed, leaves the main unit dark and it looks pretty stock in terms of not being an obvious addition to my windshield via suction cups. most passenger do not know I have it until it beeps.

I usually run it with it on L mode... Which is advanced logic I believe. It picks up convenience stores doors and post offices and such, but you will eventually learn all of the false alerts just from experience driving around your normal routes.

One thing I wish it had, was illuminated band-type. It only lights the led next to the associated band - and @ night you can't really tell which band is lit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back