I wish i had full coverage ins & dynamite!!!

If they built a home in the cowl you better believe they made a snack of something close by. I would bet mice vs acid any day, start at the rear speed sensors and work your way forward. Pull the wheel buckets out on the front and check thoose as well as the wires going to the vcrm and abs system while you have them out.

wheel buckets? r u talking about the wheel and tire?

wheel buckets? r u talking about the wheel and tire?

If you pull the front wheels off and take a few screws out you will be able to pull the plastic liner out. You will be able to see all the abs, airpump, compressor, fuel filter.. So on.

Thank u Mark. so if i pull out the wheel wells. what am i looking for? how can i tell if they r bad? r there only fronts? no rears? r they hard to replace? do ya knw how much they cost offhand? sorry 4 all the questions. but i just want this pig fixed!

ill be in boston thursday and my plane doesn't leave till 4ish, if you want i could stop by and check a couple spots for ya? pm me if your interested

Well, I need a running motor... What ya want for your mess?

Your looking for more nest and chewed wires. Once you get the wheel wells out look towards the front of the car inside the bumper.. You will see all the parts that loom good for chewing.

Your looking for more nest and chewed wires. Once you get the wheel wells out look towards the front of the car inside the bumper.. You will see all the parts that loom good for chewing.

I pulled both fender wells a few hours ago, and nothing seemed strange. the speed sencers did seam a little dirty though, I checked the rear ones as well, but i did not see any, do we even have them back there? the tec who looked at my car seemed very sure that the bat acid got under the wires and fukd them up, all he did for me is found the ones that were making it not start (fuel pump) and the one that was making it run funny (mass air flow) and hard wired them. I mean I would let this dude take care of the other one thats screwin up my speedo, and odom. I just dont have the cash to take it back to the stealership. I dont know If anyone on here has a link or a pdf file on a wireing diagram for the harness, I mean other than that im kinda fuked, I do respect and thank everyone on here who has tryed to help me. I just wish there was something that I could do to fix this problem, I mean I really love this car. I just hate the fact that a simple wireing issue is stoping me from enjoying it.

ok, your next step is tearing into your dashboard, remove your kick panel on the driver side, just take a close look to see if any wires have been chewed on, if nothing then take your gauge cluster out and see if anything on that wiring harness has been touch by any rodents.... your "Tech" as you may say sounds like he loves bats a little to much, unless your car was parked next to the batmobile, why the fuc--k would this guy come to sch a conclusion as bat acid, does boston really have such a bad bat problem that they cannot find a place to hang ( upside down incidently) other than in the hood of a Mark (which also incidently doesn't have much space to begin with). Unless you seen Bat feces first hand ignore what this Robin (speaking in terms of Batman the movie) has to say about bats, he seem to be quite a fan of the species.

I would conclude to mice. Mice do more damage to vehicles next to dear.

The owner of the company i work for traded in his ferrari for a Lambo, stored it in a pole shed over winter and then come spring it did not fire because mice chewed up his wiring harness...... 5k later he was able to race it at Road america and all he could smell was dead mice in his cabin filter

I pulled both fender wells a few hours ago, and nothing seemed strange. the speed sencers did seam a little dirty though, I checked the rear ones as well, but i did not see any, do we even have them back there? the tec who looked at my car seemed very sure that the bat acid got under the wires and fukd them up, all he did for me is found the ones that were making it not start (fuel pump) and the one that was making it run funny (mass air flow) and hard wired them. I mean I would let this dude take care of the other one thats screwin up my speedo, and odom. I just dont have the cash to take it back to the stealership. I dont know If anyone on here has a link or a pdf file on a wireing diagram for the harness, I mean other than that im kinda fuked, I do respect and thank everyone on here who has tryed to help me. I just wish there was something that I could do to fix this problem, I mean I really love this car. I just hate the fact that a simple wireing issue is stoping me from enjoying it.

We do have speed sensors on the rear, they are next to the pumpkin on the axle shafts.

I caught a bat once fishing.
Dove on the bait during the back-cast, got snagged in the line, and I remember going "wtf" as I cast and the bat went flying over my head and splooshed into the lake.

I quickly reeled it in, but alas.. despite CPR and valiant efforts, the bat was no more.

(moment's silence)

Well i sure feel foolish now... i guess i never thought he was talking about batteries, did you battery explode? there really isn't to many wires underneath the battery

Well i sure feel foolish now... i guess i never thought he was talking about batteries, did you battery explode? there really isn't to many wires underneath the battery

no problem buddy, there is a grouping of wires right underneth it, he seems to think that the acid dripped down there got under the insolation and fuked the wires

sounds dumb, but hAve you tried resetting computer again. disconnect battery for 10 min then check codes. im from boston,maybe sitting in the cold froze up somethings.or replace computer.either that or someone fu(ked with it while you were on 'vaca', drove it i doubt all that happened just sitting.

I did that, it didnt fix the problem, but the fukin car runs 10x better now wow! I wonder y?

Hey guys, does battery acid eat thru the battery case? its plastic, aint it? Plastic and polymers are resistant to battery acid! the insulation is made of some sort of plastic/polymer combination highly acid resistant. acid will totally corrode copper! just look @ a battery's terminals that havn't been treated with an anti-corrosive, theres your answer!

they're mammals.........:shifty:

just sayin'.

rodents are mammals.:shifty:
I did that, it didnt fix the problem, but the fukin car runs 10x better now wow! I wonder y?
Hey guys, does battery acid eat thru the battery case? its plastic, aint it? Plastic and polymers are resistant to battery acid! the insulation is made of some sort of plastic/polymer combination highly acid resistant. acid will totally corrode copper! just look @ a battery's terminals that havn't been treated with an anti-corrosive, theres your answer!
battery acid will eat through just about anything given time, but metals for sure faster.

Members online

Back