I wish i had full coverage ins & dynamite!!!

saint777

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Car has been sitting for awhille (4 years whille I was on vacation), went to start it, fired right up, than noticed spewing trany fluid out of cooling line to radiator. Fixed that. Went to start her back up, coolant was spewing out of the thermostat housing (cracked housing) (fine ford engineering). Fixed that. Went to start her up again, no start, engine kept turning but still no start. Fist hits her, she calls AAA on me, Daddy picks her up on his flatbed, takes her home to the stealership. 8hours of non communicating diagnostic equipment she calls me with ransome of 800$. Her daddy bypasses bad wires in harness that controlled the fuel pump. They let me take her for 510$.(prob felt bad for me) Went to start her, fired right up, went to drive out of parking lot she was stumbling and running like $hit. Threw it into reverse n gave the keys back. They had to do the wires for the MAF as well.***
Now she runs good, but I have a data distance error message, speedo dosnt work and odo shows all ------, instead of 71,143. I thought it might have been the VSS, so i replaced it, and still the same. Not to leave out that she has been shifting into second gear too soon. I really could use some help with this, because the TNT is next! Thanks again, Steve.

Next time have someone start your car while on "vacation"

Next time have someone start your car while on "vacation"

:rolleyes: Thanks Captian Obvious,and that helps me how? I didnt have the keys or I would have. I thought they would have purged all the trolls outta this place by now. But I guess for some, further douching is necessary:)

:rolleyes: Thanks Captian Obvious,and that helps me how? I didnt have the keys or I would have. I thought they would have purged all the trolls outta this place by now. But I guess for some, further douching is necessary:)

That blows, but he's right it needs to be started occassionally (not trying to rub it in or be a douche) - good luck fixing it!

The distance data error is related to the abs unit...had same issue on my 98 lsc when I purchased it...the control module portion had failed

The distance data error is related to the abs unit...had same issue on my 98 lsc when I purchased it...the control module portion had failed

Thanks, that does sound logical, my abs light is on as well. How do I go about checking the control module to see if thats the problem?

sounds dumb, but hAve you tried resetting computer again. disconnect battery for 10 min then check codes. im from boston,maybe sitting in the cold froze up somethings.or replace computer.either that or someone fu(ked with it while you were on 'vaca', drove it i doubt all that happened just sitting.

+2

If you've had wire problems elswhere you might want to check those wires first.:)

sounds like you are fighting mice... sux, i had to as well. little bastards chew everything.

where did you have it sitting? did you have it on stands, and did you have poison for mice near by, otherwise it sounds like you got mice gremlins in your wires, you find mice :q:q:q:q anywhere?

Lol the guy who leaves a car sit for 4 years and wants to fix it with it with insurance fraud and TNT calls me a douche ...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I was just trying to help but you want to start with name calling like a two year old.

Obviously if you cant start it then you give the keys to someone else to do it while your in jail.

He11, you dont deserve to have them anyway.

Lol the guy who leaves a car sit for 4 years and wants to fix it with it with insurance fraud and TNT calls me a douche ...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I was just trying to help but you want to start with name calling like a two year old.

Obviously if you cant start it then you give the keys to someone else to do it while your in jail.

He11, you dont deserve to have them anyway.

Listen bro, First off, I never called u a douche, I called u a troll, someone who posts something for no reason. I gave a little story to what has happened, and explained the problems I was having so maybe someone could help me. I think I already know that I :q:q:q:qed up in the past, so pointing out :q:q:q:q that could have been avoided is kinda a :q:q:q:qty thing to do. agree? So lets end this ridiculous going back and forth :q:q:q:q please. ...and the tnt stuff was a joke. ha ha funny..;)

sounds dumb, but hAve you tried resetting computer again. disconnect battery for 10 min then check codes. im from boston,maybe sitting in the cold froze up somethings.or replace computer.either that or someone fu(ked with it while you were on 'vaca', drove it i doubt all that happened just sitting.

thanks buddy, the ford guy told me that my slow speed network may be down do to some of the wires being corroded due to bat acid leakin down into the harness. that seemed to be the problem for the other 2 wires he had to replace, ie.. fuel pump, and maf. So I really dont know what to do next..pull the whole harness and start fresh:eek: I mean anyone here know what wires I need to look for to replace? This really sux.

where did you have it sitting? did you have it on stands, and did you have poison for mice near by, otherwise it sounds like you got mice gremlins in your wires, you find mice :q:q:q:q anywhere?

It was sitting in a driveway no Jack stands no cover, it def wasn't the plain. I mean I know it must be wire related, but I'm not to keen on wire issues, is there a good book out there that would help me hunt down the proper wires to tackle?

And thanks again I really do appreciate all the help, I just hate people who just love to rub :q:q:q:q in ur face.

Next time you go to the joint, take a bar of Irish Spring and cut in half. Put one half on the ground by the front of your car and the other by the back. The mice will leave it alone. Dryer sheets in various places underhood help too.

Next time you go to the joint, take a bar of Irish Spring and cut in half. Put one half on the ground by the front of your car and the other by the back. The mice will leave it alone. Dryer sheets in various places underhood help too.

Lol, jail, never said that I was in jail, it was bat acid I was told that devolved ans corroded the wires to my slow speed network, I just need to know how to go about doing this cuz it Sux not to know how fast ur going, and havin a trainy not knowing what gear to be in and when.

sounds like you are fighting mice... sux, i had to as well. little bastards chew everything.

No mice :q:q:q:q yet but when I replaced my wipper motor I musta pulled over a pound of animalfur from my drivers side section top front fender region... Didn't find a body though

No mice :q:q:q:q yet but when I replaced my wipper motor I musta pulled over a pound of animalfur from my drivers side section top front fender region... Didn't find a body though

If they built a home in the cowl you better believe they made a snack of something close by. I would bet mice vs acid any day, start at the rear speed sensors and work your way forward. Pull the wheel buckets out on the front and check thoose as well as the wires going to the vcrm and abs system while you have them out.

I say if you don't have any sentamental connection to the car I'd sell it and start over with all the wireing in the car.

If they built a home in the cowl you better believe they made a snack of something close by. I would bet mice vs acid any day, start at the rear speed sensors and work your way forward. Pull the wheel buckets out on the front and check thoose as well as the wires going to the vcrm and abs system while you have them out.

Sounds like a plan, we have some nice days this week, and I'm gona use them to full advantage! Thanks buddy I'll keep u posted

I didn't ask if it was a 1st or 2nd gen but I guess it doesn't matter. If you pull the battery and unholy the distribution box next to it you will have plenty of wires to check there.. its also a well protected spot for mice to get into.
If you think mice are bad you should see it when a squirrel make a home under the hood.
Check this out.. one days worth of work, not much left of the hoodline.
Squirrel nesting under car hood! - YouTube

I say if you don't have any sentamental connection to the car I'd sell it and start over with all the wireing in the car.

I did think of that, but theres only 72,000 mi on it. and it runs like a champ. and who would buy the car and for what when you cant even tell how many mi r on it...

Members online

Back