I think Tux hates me :....(

Still not overheating!!... Stihl kept his word he got all the test results for me and looked em over - he thinks they have solved the problem. The fan may have went cause it was workring all the time due to the bad cts. The test said Tux was 338 !!! He's hot - but I don't want him that hot - bad cts made it read that high, thank God he wasn't!!!! Stihl thinks it was the AZ sensor (temp was prior to changing the cts for the 2nd time).

I am still loking for a funnel kit - can't wait to get one - that baby looks awesome!!! Gonna see if Stihl can hook me one up ;) I am sooooo blessed - you guys are the HOTTEST! hehehehe

Again thanks a mazillion for all your help, information, opinions (cept Hello Kitty Rich), you guys are the beast! Oh also getting the motorcraft - one look and its a no brainer!

SMOOCHES SMOOCHES SMOOCHES!!!!

Last edited:
This is why I say to use a MOTORCRAFT thermostat only. In the pic, the stat on the right is the Motorcraft stat and the one on the left is an autozone stat. Note the size difference in the opening coolant flows through. Any stat from any parts store will be the same as the left one. I've seen at least 20 Mark VIII's with overheating issues be solved with a Motorcraft stat. What I can't explain is why some Mark VIII's are able to run the smaller stat without a problem.

That's a high-flow Motorcraft stat on the left, the Autozone is a standard flow. I tried one when I was having trouble with overheating.

So far - Tux is staying cool.... I still want to replace the thermo, but time is being eaten up by Christmas activities and work...and rain. Been driving Sthl for the last 3 days.

Will let you know on the burping also, havn't received the funnel yet... wondering if I should screw with him if he is acting ok....

again - THANKS HOTTIES!!!

So far - Tux is staying cool....
Will let you know on the burping also, havn't received the funnel yet... wondering if I should screw with him if he is acting ok....

Just do the cold fill check starting at the crossover as previously directed.

If all's well, save the funnel for when you decide to change the t-stat. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back