I hate Old Town in Kissimmee, FL...

DieselDan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have ranted before about Old Town here in Florida and their car cruises. I tried to go down there years ago, but told me since my car didn't have any of the mods that they required (guy admitting cars gave me a list of required mods being things like vinyl, scoops, custom paint, and wheels. There was other things on the list, but I could have thrown $200 worth of junk on it from autozone and been let in). Naturally all that cruise gathered was Scions and Hondas. Well, recently they changed their Friday night cruise to;

Friday Night – All American Muscle Car Cruise
Rev up your engines and join the excitement every Friday for our all new, All American Muscle Car Cruise featuring show-quality American-made muscle cars from 1964 to Current. New and old Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and more!

Well, I know my car isn't. Muscle car, but I still have not been able to put anything in their cruise. I decided that since now they are letting in old and new muscle cars, I'd see if I could take my car. I decided to send the cruise manager an email:
Hello,
My name is Dan Werling and I was hoping to bring my car to the cruise tonight. :qI have a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII with quite a few modifications done to it, but the car is not "flashy". I have lived in Florida for about 5 years and have tried to bring one of my cars in the past, but was turned away because it didn't have specific mods required to enter that night's show. This car is my pride and joy and haven't had an opportunity to cruise it yet. Appearance wise, the car looks as good/better than it did off the show room floor. As for modifications, it has an upgraded after market stereo, upgraded rear gears with 3:73s and a Limited slip carrier, Borla dual exhaust, a manually controlled air suspension that lets me lower the car completely, and some appearance mods under the hood. I have attached some pictures with this message. I am really hoping to be able to cruise tonight, but only if you guys will let me. :)

Thank You,
Dan Werling

The email had 4 pictures of my car T the bottom to show relative condition. The email I received was this:

The Friday night cruise is now the American Muscle Car cruise. It is bases on the Muscle cars of the 60's. So if you have a newer:qMuscle car, ex, Mustang, Camaro, Gto, Charger, Challenger and so on, you will be allowed in for the cruise.
Unfortunately a Lincoln is a luxury car and not a Muscle car.:q
Sorry,
Dave:q

I can accept "not a muscle car" but just because the new Mustang, Challenger, and Camaros are based off the old versions I guess the term is grandfathered on the new cars...

Anyway, just annoys me that since the car says Lincoln on it, it gets no love. F Old Town...

Get a bunch of Florida lincoln guys and have a cruise off. Cruise the same night those guys go cruising, and out cruise them. Just cruise it up with your bad selves. Cruise your hearts out. No but seriously you should do it just as an F U.

What a bunch of dicks! Are you fvcking kidding me ??? I would of told him to go off somewhere and die! I would of shown up there and let the vote of public opinion decide if your ride is a muscle car or not! I've personally gone too many carshows and meet-ups here in florida, and have never been told " sir you must leave, as your car doesn't really qualify as a muscle car!!! Wow people are real stupid up in the sunbelt!

That's lame. I've taken my Lincoln to my mustang events.... people loved it!

when im running again we'll cruise and not invite any muscle car that came in a 6 or 4 cyl.how can you call a car a muscle car if it came with a 4 or 6 cyl as an option!muscle is exactly that. power by cubes. muscle.i hear ya dan

I took my 95 SHO MTX down there one time when they required all the visual junk. They wouldn't let me in, but all that was parked in the lot was scions and the like with stickers and underglow kits. I left thinking, this car could smoke any of those cars...

I wonder if they would consider a t-bird a muscle car... Its the same damn thing as a Mark...

I have owned some of those "Old Muscle Cars", and my "Whiner" is far badder than those cars were. (1966 442, 1968 428 SCJ Mustang, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang). Too bad such a closed mind group.

I live outside of Old Town, Florida. But I'm confused, because Old Town is outside of Cross City & Chiefland, not Kissimmee. :confused:

tell them it has an 01 mustang trans, a 32v cobra motor and rear axle. it was the true luxury muscle car.

funny thing is ive seen marks with gears trans and a chip run in the 13s
also have seen an 05 mustang gt running 14.3.

i have a 67 mustang that would meet their criteria and its a straight6!

When I was driving my fathers 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra I was told that the car wasn't american and I couldn't participate in the cruise.
Hooray for women!

So wait a V6 camaro is a muscle car but a mark VIII with a 32valve V8 isnt?

You should have told him that the mark VII is same as a fox mustang, and a mark VIII is just the newer generation and a cousin of the mustang.

i'll go there with you dan in my silverado and do a one wheel brake stand all the way through the show with a sticker across the back window that says :q:q:q:q you and your gay ass car show rules. we'll stick an NHRA scoop on my hood with 3M tape before we go, i already have the badass exhaust on it the truck sounds retarded loud when i stand on it!!!! i'll boil the 15" off the back i'm not scared.

This thread delivers.

Wish I lived closer... I would definitely be down for a Mark 8 :q:q:q:q YOU cruise along with said 15" tire burning and Jegs stickered wheelchair antics.

Just tell them without the mark viii there would not be a new cobra motor. Well not new now but new in 96 :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back