I don't call...

I agree, HOA's acre crap. But this is a winter home for me, and it's one of those things that I bought low and hope to sell high(er) in 5 years or so.

I have my own HOA on my property up north. I'm the President, owner and executioner of my CCnR's. Basically, they say I can do whatever I damned well please on my property. Including shooting my long range targets (1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile and 1 mile) in my back yard.

Frog, have you been called a "Snowbird" when you travel to Arizona?

I lived in Phoenix for 5 years and that was what people called those who came for the winter months. :D

I agree, HOA's acre crap. But this is a winter home for me, and it's one of those things that I bought low and hope to sell high(er) in 5 years or so.

I have my own HOA on my property up north. I'm the President, owner and executioner of my CCnR's. Basically, they say I can do whatever I damned well please on my property. Including shooting my long range targets (1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile and 1 mile) in my back yard.

Pics of the long range plinkers please?

Damn, thought i could get a teaser pic :( Nothing get my dick hard like the big guns. Also i'm a tad jealous, i only got a 600yrd shot in my backyard (its like pissing in the toilet). Wish i had a 3/4 mile shot. I use to run 20 rounds every sunday untill this no job crap showed up. Spent the last 7 years reading every ballistic book i could find. I just love shooting. I always wanted a original PSG1, someday maybe. Next one id love to get would be the Chey tac .408 defender

Damn, thought i could get a teaser pic :( Nothing get my dick hard like the big guns. Also i'm a tad jealous, i only got a 600yrd shot in my backyard (its like pissing in the toilet). Wish i had a 3/4 mile shot. I use to run 20 rounds every sunday untill this no job crap showed up. Spent the last 7 years reading every ballistic book i could find. I just love shooting. I always wanted a original PSG1, someday maybe. Next one id love to get would be the Chey tac .408 defender

I can show you my Rock River AR if that would help ya.
dunno.gif

my Norinco MAK90 is better :-D

I'd rather have a katana/1911 combo for home protection :-D

sawed off double 12 with copper wire loads for home protection. Won't go thru the dry wall, makes if family friendly. When you think home protection, you have to take penetraton into account.

Anyone can use a assault rifle, takes a little skill and thinking for the long range plinkers.

sawed off double 12 with copper wire loads for home protection. Won't go thru the dry wall, makes if family friendly. When you think home protection, you have to take penetraton into account.

Anyone can use a assault rifle, takes a little skill and thinking for the long range plinkers.

punn intended?

Polymer... LOL!

Don't take this the wrong way, Pete, but only yuppies and amateurs use poly clips in an AR . No serious professional will use plastic clips in a rifle that wasn't designed for them.

I've seen a few soldiers use plastic overseas in their M16's, and they don't last nearly as long as metal. Then again, what do I know of such complicated things?

Yes yes, I know, you were told that everyone is using poly in the "war". You were told 1/2 wrong, my friend. You'll never see professionals who depend on a bullet to chamber properly in the middle of a firefight, use poly in their AR's.

Oh, and those prices suck...

Here's an example:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Magpul_Polymer_30rd_.223_AR15_M16_PMAG_Maglevel_Magazine.html

Then, a GOOD price...

Screen shot 2009-12-18 at 1.51.16 BF.jpg

I was never told p mags for overseas nor do I care. Our troups get hand-me-down crap, same goes for their protection plating, weapons, and vehicles. All f*cking handme downs. But I will tell you, my p mags have outworn my aluminums very well, and everytime I get aluminums...at some point they break, crack, or the lip gets bent, not with pmags. Plus if polymer wasn't so great, why would a GREAT number of semi-auto pistols be made mostly of polymer. Anyways my Robinson Arms XCR went through them easy, I doubt the M16s could handle anything new. Just like the newer 1911s (at least the S&W ones) have a larger follower which allows for better extraction of the shell casing.

To each his own, isn't that right my dear Frogster

Well... I'm bored...

I was never told p mags for overseas nor do I care.

Eh. What do those pros overseas know, anyway, right?

Our troups get hand-me-down crap, same goes for their protection plating, weapons, and vehicles. All f*cking handme downs.

Hand me downs? Really? Ok.

But I will tell you, my p mags have outworn my aluminums very well, and everytime I get aluminums...at some point they break, crack, or the lip gets bent, not with pmags.

Well of course the aluminum ones you got, broke. When you buy cheap crap, it doesn't last. I still have aluminum clips with over 75,000 rounds through them, 14 years old, and still work perfectly. It's all about quality.

Plus if polymer wasn't so great, why would a GREAT number of semi-auto pistols be made mostly of polymer.

I don't know... because most semi-auto pistols don't shoot in full auto mode, and don't subject the clips to a lot more "violent" bullet chambering than say, an M16 on Auto? could be a good reason. I'm not saying polymer is bad. Hell, I owe my life to mostly polymer firearms. But polymer clips and the M16 do not mix. I'm sure they've worked well for you, and that's great. You come back to me after you've ran 50,000+ rounds through a 10 dollar polymer clip, and tell me how it's holding up.

To each his own, isn't that right my dear Frogster

I'm not your dear, but yes, to each his own, Pete.

Damn, Frogman...with as much as you talk about firearms, you of all people I would think to know the difference between a clip and a magazine!

Members online

No members online now.
Back