I also added new TURBO exhaust tips this weekend!

Hey, what's the deal with another "leadfoot"?? My screen name is "Lead Foot", yet there seems to be another with lowercase "leadfoot". Well, just to clear it, there is no relation so please be careful as to whom you refer! :D

Impressive dyno ... Lincoln LS? Doubtful ... Variances in relative humidity and temperatures between dyno pulls? Possible ... now somebody call XS Engineering to confirm. But Ken - "50" additional horsepower on "ricers"?? Check out my previous car and I'll attempt to explain what it takes to get that kind of horsepower since this was one of many "ricers" I built myself.

hey leadfoot is there anyway to get those style 240 lights on a 93 240 with the headlights that have to be raised

Iancusp said:
hey leadfoot is there anyway to get those style 240 lights on a 93 240 with the headlights that have to be raised

You mean "Lead Foot"?? hehe ... Not to get off-topic (yeah, like it matters in this post), yes I've seen conversions but I couldn't tell you how much modification was involved.

You guys have no clue! Heres the deal, first off.....all your cars are the OLDER LS models! You all have 252/HP at BEST to start with! The 2005-06 models have 280/290/HP motors from the factory! All late model LS cars have this motor! Check it out on the Lincoln web site!

Second, I have the KKM, and the SCT reflash and its no imposible to have the power levels in the dyno chart! I added the turbo exhaust tips and the results are clear! Ask the guys at XS Engineering where I ran 3 hours of dyno tests! I used their dyno to tune with the SCT flasher and get the car tuned!

The turbo tips are a sound way to add horsepower! The dyno results prove it!

Next, I am going to add an MSD unit with multipe spark discharge and an auto timing curve feature that further exploits the negative exhaust pressure of the tips! This in conjunction with an MSD crank trigger will add another 7-9 HP!

Remember guys, all the late model LS cars have VVT timing and a higher HP motor from the start!

And one last thing! I'm going to and the XS Engineering "grounding kit" to the car and add another 8 hp! Why, because the Lincoln LS remote battery has a wimpy "ground connection" and the elect system starves for energy and the voltage drops. A properly installed grounding kit will add even more power....and everyone will argue that mod as well!

#1) The only ways for an LS, even new, to put down 330 rwhp would be to either do what Lou is doing, adding a s/c setup, what Mike Pietras did with a turbo setup, or a shot of nitrous.

#2) (Joke) The spinning exhaust tips do work, they increase the vacuum pressure through the exhaust tip, causing a black hole at the end of the tailpipe, reducing emissions 100% and the backup of exhaust vapors. Also, when the tips spin, it gives the 3600 lb car more acceleration, think of them as reverse plane propellors. The in and out function of the spinning tips is not intended by the design, it's just all that 3-7 hp gained that almost pops the helicopter blade out of the exhaust tips, too much power:woowoo2: .

(Joke)New Idea, We'll call it the Oreck Challenge. I've been working with Mr. Oreck to run a lightweight vaccum setup, only 8 lbs, to each of the exhaust tips from the inside of the trunk. With the new ground wire setup, the energy gained by the vacuum should create a twice as powerful black hole, in each tailpipe! this should increase the power of the new LS V8 motor to around 750hp at the rear wheels.

Dyno Results are in... Please end this

Haa.JPG

Ken Motz said:
Next, I am going to add an MSD unit with multipe spark discharge and an auto timing curve feature that further exploits the negative exhaust pressure of the tips! This in conjunction with an MSD crank trigger will add another 7-9 HP!

That is interesting. I was in contact with MSD just the other day and they do not have any units for the LS yet. Must have had a very fast development and manufacturing cycle.:) :rolleyes: :):Beer

00V8derLS said:
P.S. KD00LS, tell me that little icon isnt Bubb Rubb? " The whistles go Woo WOOOOOO"

You bet it is, the whistle sound is actually the black hole being formed. I could see if the "spinner" was stationary, but it's not. It's spinning with the damn exhaust, it won't do anything except get you harassed and ruin a car. I'll admit if I had a powdered white lace glove and you were in front of me, I would indeed challenge you to a duel. Don't ever flood the forum with this crap again.

duel-7.jpg

This guy needs to kicked off for the stupidiest mod ever. This is horible, I seriously feel dumber by just reading this thread and all the replys he had to fire back. HAHA Oh my I must go now so I can re-gain my smarts.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
This guy needs to kicked off for the stupidiest mod ever. This is horible, I seriously feel dumber by just reading this thread and all the replys he had to fire back. HAHA Oh my I must go now so I can re-gain my smarts.

-Scott-

I agree.

This thread is hilarious, even though i want the last 5 minutes of my life back for reading this it did cause a slight chuckle......

Even if it did provide 5-6 or 7 HP whatever ! I wouldnt put that pinwheel in my car, esthetically it looks horrible.... thats my personal opinion though...

P.S no reason to ban the guy, its makes the site fun and funny.....

Dead President said:
is this thread a joke ?
One way or the other, yes. I just can't decide if it's "ha ha" funny :) or "hmmm" funny :confused:.

POPPABEAR78 said:
This thread is hilarious, even though i want the last 5 minutes of my life back for reading this it did cause a slight chuckle......
Agreed. KD00LS's quote about looking like a "helicopter with an erection" was worth the whole lot. :D

Hey....like I said; the dyno sheet does not lie! Your guys problem is that YOU all have the 252/HP cars! The late model LS's are 280/hp+ right out of the gate! The exhaust tip turbo boosters just help a little bit and they allow the timing to be advanced ever so slightly. The variable valve timing on all the late model cars also helps this effect. You can also run a fatter gap on the plugs (.010") and this results in a larger flame kernal and even more power! Also, the suction on the exhaust side of the head creates a cooling effect that helps take out heat from the combustion chamber, this results is less pre-ignition detonation and more timing advance!

My next 5HP trick is to supply the coil's (voltage) with 18 volts instead of 12 volts and the output is then increased and the coil for a hotter spark! This will allow for a fatter fuel mixture!

You can gain 5HP in small increments, and it all adds up!

XS Engineering sells the "grounding kit" the voltage amplifier for the coils AND the turbo exhaust tips! Why would they sell and install all this stuff if it had no effect!

Ken Motz said:
Why would they sell and install all this stuff if it had no effect!
Because PT Barnum was correct?

BTW, I have a 284hp '04 LS V8.

Ken Motz said:
Hey....like I said; the dyno sheet does not lie! Your guys problem is that YOU all have the 252/HP cars! The late model LS's are 280/hp+ right out of the gate! The exhaust tip turbo boosters just help a little bit and they allow the timing to be advanced ever so slightly. The variable valve timing on all the late model cars also helps this effect. You can also run a fatter gap on the plugs (.010") and this results in a larger flame kernal and even more power! Also, the suction on the exhaust side of the head creates a cooling effect that helps take out heat from the combustion chamber, this results is less pre-ignition detonation and more timing advance!

My next 5HP trick is to supply the coil's (voltage) with 18 volts instead of 12 volts and the output is then increased and the coil for a hotter spark! This will allow for a fatter fuel mixture!

You can gain 5HP in small increments, and it all adds up!

XS Engineering sells the "grounding kit" the voltage amplifier for the coils AND the turbo exhaust tips! Why would they sell and install all this stuff if it had no effect!

Great maybe they can get Santa to drop it off for you on his rounds.

Spinning fans on the end of exhaust tips, hahahaha that is hilarious. I would rather have less horsepower than spinning fans on an LS, that is just tacky.

Ken Motz said:
Hey....like I said; the dyno sheet does not lie! Your guys problem is that YOU all have the 252/HP cars! The late model LS's are 280/hp+ right out of the gate!

Yeah you know what, you've been right all along. We all feel marginalized because we only have 252 hp (and only 252hp) and you have more than 280-290 (just because you said so). Don't make it out to be like we're the bad guys, we're trying to help. Maybe a day of rehab, such as talking to some guys at the local racetrack, might help you out. Bring a vacuum and put on a little demonstration. Sheesh.

Ken Motz said:
You guys have no clue!

Yes, I do.

Ken Motz said:
And one last thing! I'm going to and the XS Engineering "grounding kit" to the car and add another 8 hp! Why, because the Lincoln LS remote battery has a wimpy "ground connection" and the elect system starves for energy and the voltage drops. A properly installed grounding kit will add even more power....and everyone will argue that mod as well!

I will not argue the grounding kit issue ... I've seen them work on high-horsepower turbo cars on the dyno, personally.

I know the guys at XS from modifying a few RX-7s years ago. If the results you got from the addition of the spinners is true, so be it. Ken, whether or not the spinner works, personally (don't be offended) it's a very tacky mod especially for a Lincoln.

I am a bit leary of the HP compared to WHP statements going on here. The pre-03 LS8's were indeed 252hp compared to the 03/current 280hp, (both manufacturer claimed). Your dyno chart shows "wheel" horsepower since XS uses a chassis dyno. We all know that there is a big difference between wheel HP and HP at the crank. There is no way the dyno shown is of the LS reading 334whp. If you take 282 crankshaft horsepower which is what Ford/Lincoln claim and subtract 14.5% (search SAE), then subtract around 10% to 15% and you'll get about true horsepower at the rear wheels, 216whp. The actual formula contains a curve for power loss through gears and there's another curve for power lost in a tire. Remember, too - that unless you dyno your engine you are only likely to get a crankshaft number from the manufacturer and that's probably a "good" one that the marketing department is providing.

So this would mean that if your LS was dyno'd on XS's chassis dyno, your mods to date total 118 additional wheel horsepower. :eek: Bull.

I don't know Ken ... I'm still very skeptical of your "proof".

i just installed these on my car, i am currently up to 315hp these bad boys gave me 65hp. ken you really need to put these on then the exhaust helicopters, it would really set the ls off. and think of how many people will be drawn to your awesome and fast car.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bubbrubbvideo.html

what do u guys think.

Members online

No members online now.
Back