I also added new TURBO exhaust tips this weekend!

itsnotmydaddys said:
i just installed these on my car, i am currently up to 315hp these bad boys gave me 65hp. ken you really need to put these on then the exhaust helicopters, it would really set the ls off. and think of how many people will be drawn to your awesome and fast car.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bubbrubbvideo.html

what do u guys think.

Yeyah-yeyah-boyeeeee!! :rolleyes: And those coming from a guy who nearly causes an accident on video for local news broadcast by running a stop sign! There should be a law for rampant stupidity!

AWESOME research itsnotmydaddys, I think I am buying a flat of them and passing them out to all my friends and family for the X-Mas. HAHA

-Scott-

I'm going to ask Ken Garrison to start stocking these turbo tips and grounding kits as a package. Then you guys can try it for yourself.

FYI...Torrie called me today and he has a "special" tune for the SCT flasher that exploits the turbo tips and he's making it available now to everyone that has the SCT flasher.

To prove the additional HP I'm going to send Quick LS (LOU) a set of the tips so he can put on his car and do dyno runs with and without when he is testing the new supercharger set up. They should compliment that effort and add a bit more performance! Lou is great at installing stuff on an LS.

Ken Motz said:
I'm going to ask Ken Garrison to start stocking these turbo tips and grounding kits as a package. Then you guys can try it for yourself.

FYI...Torrie called me today and he has a "special" tune for the SCT flasher that exploits the turbo tips and he's making it available now to everyone that has the SCT flasher.

To prove the additional HP I'm going to send Quick LS (LOU) a set of the tips so he can put on his car and do dyno runs with and without when he is testing the new supercharger set up. They should compliment that effort and add a bit more performance! Lou is great at installing stuff on an LS.

I honestly can't see how a fan, running of the exhaust speed, which would make the speed of the fan the same, would make any power. The only difference I could see is after the fan, which would have no affect on the car.

Ken, please clear this up as I've posted some concerns here and have yet to get a straight rebutle ...

Is the dyno chart reflected here of your car (or any LS) or not? You state it's a 2004 LS ... I don't believe it; see my response regarding the LS wheel HP vs. crank HP and the chassis dyno which XS uses. Please prove it.

Also, please respond to the comment regarding the addition of 50 horsepower on the "ricers" when adding these spinners. Again, please prove it.

There are many inconsistancies in your repsonses, and I for one continue to be skeptical. I live in the land of super modified Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas (my last car was a 500whp 240SX) ... I frequent Moroso motorspeedway and NEVER have I seen these spinners used on ANY of them much less anyone speaking of them as you do. Though I do not participate, I've also been to the street races on US27 (featured in Super Street last year) and other areas not to be mentioned ... trust me, they'd be laughed right off the strip especially staking claims of such.

This post is insulting to say the least. I refuse to see how this is NOT a joke. There are many products on the market that make claims and do not deliver ... this is one of those products that is not worth the effort regardless of cost-vs-claim.

Lead Foot said:
Ken, please clear this up as I've posted some concerns here and have yet to get a straight rebutle ...

Is the dyno chart reflected here of your car (or any LS) or not? You state it's a 2004 LS ... I don't believe it; see my response regarding the LS wheel HP vs. crank HP and the chassis dyno which XS uses. Please prove it.

Also, please respond to the comment regarding the addition of 50 horsepower on the "ricers" when adding these spinners. Again, please prove it.

There are many inconsistancies in your repsonses, and I for one continue to be skeptical. I live in the land of super modified Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas (my last car was a 500whp 240SX) ... I frequent Moroso motorspeedway and NEVER have I seen these spinners used on ANY of them much less anyone speaking of them as you do. Though I do not participate, I've also been to the street races on US27 (featured in Super Street last year) and other areas not to be mentioned ... trust me, they'd be laughed right off the strip especially staking claims of such.

This post is insulting to say the least. I refuse to see how this is NOT a joke. There are many products on the market that make claims and do not deliver ... this is one of those products that is not worth the effort regardless of cost-vs-claim.

Man I can't believe you guys are still along for Ken's fun ride. I'm really starting to worry about the group here. Did anyone stop to READ any of his posts? He's pulling our legs bigtime and we just keep coming back and asking for more:)

I think I will have to consolidate all of Ken's posts on this thread and then send them out to over 250 car sites on my database. I think the Vet guys and a few others might have a field day with Ken. I am also afraid that his sales of the 'copter blades' will explode like overcooked rice with the "under 2 liter" crowd. LOL.

This thread might help some of you out in internet lala land to keep your head on straight. Over 1,650 million views and 2000 comments. Ouch. Be careful what you say out there.

This Sounds Like A Pep Boy Mod. You Know Kind Of Like Back In 1996 When Is Was Cool To Go To Pep Boys And Stick, Bolt And Tape As Much Crap On Your Ride And Then Go Crusin. I Dont Know You Ken Mots But Just To Make Sure That U Know That Im Not Making Fun Of You. All I Want Is To See Is If Anyone Els Bought This And Got The Same Results. I Had A Tip Like That Back In The Day It Was Blue And On A 89 Honda Crx. It Was Attached To A 1 1/4 Inch Pipe Needless To Say It Was Kicked Off My Car By Someone I Didnt Know. Oh Yeah Did I Mention That It Was Resonated. Hahahahahaaha Well Worth It. I Value The Lesson I Learned. One More Thing Ken Go Outside Take A Look. U Own A Lincoln Ls Act Like It Please

beaups said:
Man I can't believe you guys are still along for Ken's fun ride. I'm really starting to worry about the group here. Did anyone stop to READ any of his posts? He's pulling our legs bigtime and we just keep coming back and asking for more:)

NO KIDDING!!! The scary thing to me is that some people are actually bothering to try to get technical with him on it. hehe. It is obvious that this guy is joking. For those of you who are trying to refute this fella's posts or mods, I think you all really need help. My 5 year old step-son could see through all this. hehe. I have had a better laugh while readin all the replies to the post versus just the original posts and poster himself. You people kill me. :D

I Dont Think Anyone Want To Hurt His Feelings But This Post Is Like Saying Pin Stripes Make Your Car Faster

You guys got this mod all wrong. It does make your car faster. It does not, however, increase HP. "What faster without increase in HP, how does that work???" Ill tell you how it works. This mod is actually similar to adding another engine, infact its similar to adding two engines because we have duel exhaust. Note the picture below, Its an airboat. The boat is powered by a motor. The turbo exhaust tips are identical except they are powered by exhaust rather then a motor. Everything should be clear now.

airboatempty.jpeg

Exactly! I'm glad someone here has some sense!

These turbo exhaust spinners do make a car go faster! Maybe a small amount, yes....but still faster.

ohioLS said:
AWESOME research itsnotmydaddys, I think I am buying a flat of them and passing them out to all my friends and family for the X-Mas. HAHA

-Scott-

yo, a Bubb Rubb reference was already made( by KD00LS) but i guess there was no link... credit must be split between both!

Bubb Rubb is Most Excellent by the way.

oh and ken, when i move to tucson in 8 months ill make the 2 hour drive into phoenix to personally stomp your turbo tips off... and take pictures for the LVC!!!

Hey guys I hear that the new muffler bearing really creates a seemless exhaust flow!! I beleive the bearings are ABEC 5 " Killer Bees" or something like that! See Ya, Kevin

I'm a little late in this thread, but I'm gonna have to quote a very influential movie in our time.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

whatsupadrian said:
You guys got this mod all wrong. It does make your car faster. It does not, however, increase HP. "What faster without increase in HP, how does that work???" Ill tell you how it works. This mod is actually similar to adding another engine, infact its similar to adding two engines because we have duel exhaust. Note the picture below, Its an airboat. The boat is powered by a motor. The turbo exhaust tips are identical except they are powered by exhaust rather then a motor. Everything should be clear now.

Yes, but the airboat's fan actually creates a draw of air through the fan blades to move the boat. That is not the same as exhaust gas blowing through fan blades to make them spin. But then, you're being sarcastic, right?

Guys, I know this thread is a joke and I know I get technical. But I feel if you have something to offer to a forum say it. If it's useless crap or more importantly if it misdirects others who are looking for serious information just keep your mouth shut (or should I say keep your fingers still). :D

Ken Motz said:
Exactly! I'm glad someone here has some sense!

These turbo exhaust spinners do make a car go faster! Maybe a small amount, yes....but still faster.

Off with his head!

Lead Foot said:
Guys, I know this thread is a joke and I know I get technical. But I feel if you have something to offer to a forum say it. If it's useless crap or more importantly if it misdirects others who are looking for serious information just keep your mouth shut (or should I say keep your fingers still). :D

Good point... I sure hope someone who knows squat about engines doesnt wander in here and decides to buy this worthless crap because of what was said in here. Having our fun is one thing, misleading poor ignorant schmucks is another.

Ok....one final attempt to make my point!

The spinning turbo tips produce so much vacuum that as you step on the gas it pops them out and as they gain speed the vacuum they pull is so great that they suck back up flush with the exhaust tip (watch the video clip) and spin faster and faster. You can see this in the vid clip.

Pulling vacuum on a motor is NOT some weird science or non-sense. In fact, 100% of all Pro Stock motors (Warren Johnson, Kurt Johnson, Reher Morrison, etc) all run Moroso vacuum pumps on the motor! This is a FACT! Google it and read for yourself! On a 500 inch pro stock motor they can get another 50 hp out of it on the DYNO. This is a fact!

In a pro stock motor they pull a negative crank case vacuum and reduces windage of the moving parts, aeration of the oil, and less resistance, and they even run less piston ring tension to add another 10 hp because there is no pressure at the ring from the crankcase side of the motor! All of this is fact! Go to the moroso web site, or Jegs, or Summit and why do they sell a $369 vacuum pump and associated brackets?

The turbo exhaust tip is just a small air pump, and under pascals law it does what it would be expected to do. Its not unlike the effect of a jet engine. As compressed air enters and exits a venturi and into the fan stage it creates suction, the faster it spins the more suction. This is factually how it works. The higher the exhaust gas veloicty, and cfm, the faster it spins. The faster it spins the more suction.

These turbo tips are not some cheap Pep Boys item. They have high speed torrington roller bearings and annealed thrust washers. They are balanced and are produced of 304 stainless. They are very close tolerance units.

There is no claim that they alone make HP. They produce a vacuum in the exhaust system and the computer advances the ignition because the o2 sensor reading changes and this advanced timing gets you the HP gain.

Many early racers on a budget used smog pumps to pull this vacuum. Some still do, mostly those that can't afford the Moroso vacuum pumps....they just go to a junk yard and buy a $5 smog pump.

I hope this helps.

I'll be dynoing the grounding kit this saturday. I'm installing it now.

Ok, joke or not, this is getting annoying. What you say is tantamount to blowing in your own sail and having your sailboat move forward because of it. Sorry but the laws of physics crush the theory of this mod working.

Think of it this way. The exhaust is what powers the little spinner fan. The spinner fan thus can only go as fast as the exhaust pushes it. Just like a ball that you release at 10 feet in the air and thus will never bounce back high enough to meet or beat the 10 foot mark, so is this. The fans will never spin fast enough to draw any more air than what the exhaust already pushes out. Going off of that, you will have at least the same airflow and probably less (due to less restrictivness in the exhaust). Not that it would gain any speed or power whatsoever, but in a purely physical standpoint you would be better off with no fans and just the exhaust blowing to the rear in some sort of roadrunner rocket propulsion maneuver. I don't suggest such a mod as even that is about the dumbest hunk of crap idea for making a car faster too, but it does prove a point.

This is about the dumbest mod a person could EVER do to their vehicle. Unless a person is going for a super-tacky blingety bling bling look for their car, this mod is otherwise totally useless.

The only way it could make your car faster is by making your wallet lighter.

I still figure this to be a joke but it has gotten a little rediculous. Like an April fools joke that just keeps going and going waaaaaay past the point of it being funny. Ken for your sake I really hope you were joking, but the joke got old.

LOL! It keeps getting funnier ...

Ken Motz said:
Ok....one final attempt to make my point!
Thank God.

Ken Motz said:
The spinning turbo tips produce so much vacuum that as you step on the gas it pops them out and as they gain speed the vacuum they pull is so great that they suck back up flush with the exhaust tip (watch the video clip) and spin faster and faster. You can see this in the vid clip.
Did it ever occur to you that the video is a GIF file in rotation?

Ken Motz said:
Pulling vacuum on a motor is NOT some weird science or non-sense. In fact, 100% of all Pro Stock motors (Warren Johnson, Kurt Johnson, Reher Morrison, etc) all run Moroso vacuum pumps on the motor! This is a FACT! Google it and read for yourself! On a 500 inch pro stock motor they can get another 50 hp out of it on the DYNO. This is a fact!
Absolutely NOT the same product, purpose or effect as what we are speaking of here. Which leads me back to my original, still unanswered, request of where you think "ricers" got an additional 50 HP with this mod.

Ken Motz said:
In a pro stock motor they pull a negative crank case vacuum and reduces windage of the moving parts, aeration of the oil, and less resistance, and they even run less piston ring tension to add another 10 hp because there is no pressure at the ring from the crankcase side of the motor! All of this is fact! Go to the moroso web site, or Jegs, or Summit and why do they sell a $369 vacuum pump and associated brackets?
I don't have to go to any site ... I've used them; they work and work well ... that is why they sell them for a price that justifies it's results. Again, not the same product. Extra vacuum increases power by improving ring seal and preventing blow-by, intake-charge contamination and detonation; and by allowing the use of low-tension piston rings for less friction. How exactly will a pinwheel design exhaust tip do this?

Ken Motz said:
The turbo exhaust tip is just a small air pump, and under pascals law it does what it would be expected to do. Its not unlike the effect of a jet engine. As compressed air enters and exits a venturi and into the fan stage it creates suction, the faster it spins the more suction. This is factually how it works. The higher the exhaust gas veloicty, and cfm, the faster it spins. The faster it spins the more suction.
It is in no way a "pump". Jeez ... a jet engine produces thrust to effectively push the airplane. Factually, exhaust spinners create no thrust; which leads me back to the pinwheel comment from earlier.

These turbo tips are not some cheap Pep Boys item. They have high speed torrington roller bearings and annealed thrust washers. They are balanced and are produced of 304 stainless. They are very close tolerance units.
Your point is? Just because they may be made from quality material does not justify their ability to hold up to claims of assisting power gains. But to pay any amount of money for this product just to have somebody kick them off your pipes ... that in itself would be a shame.

Ken Motz said:
There is no claim that they alone make HP. They produce a vacuum in the exhaust system and the computer advances the ignition because the o2 sensor reading changes and this advanced timing gets you the HP gain.
Show me factual data that supports any type of vacuum being drawn from the exhaust pipe via these spinners. Again, a pinwheel will not suck air from your mouth as you blow into it.

Ken Motz said:
Many early racers on a budget used smog pumps to pull this vacuum. Some still do, mostly those that can't afford the Moroso vacuum pumps....they just go to a junk yard and buy a $5 smog pump.
They would use OEM air pumps, until they found that they weren't really designed for use in oily conditions. They would not last long, thus it pays to save for the right design and purpose built product.

Ken Motz said:
I hope this helps.
No, it does not. Actually, I've yet to see anyone agree with you ... who is it you are trying to help?

Ken Motz said:
I'll be dynoing the grounding kit this saturday. I'm installing it now.
Good luck with that ... it is a useful mod on high horsepower cars anyway. Ken, you're pretty good at evading some of my questions ... you aren't a politician are you? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back