I also added new TURBO exhaust tips this weekend!

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
spinner%20exhaust%20tip%20pop%20out.gif

I put a set of these on the LS today. Immediatly noticed a 3-7 HP increase. They sound great!

http://www.shoplaser.com/spinner exhaust tip pop out.gif

Personally I wouldn't want my exhaust to look like a helicopter getting an erection. How did you manage to "notice" 3-7 horsepower? That's something the producers of The Fast and the Furious could even make fun of. That's all I can say.

As the fan spins it creates a small negative pressure in the exhaust system. The exhaust is actually "vacuumed" out of the combustion chamber. The more the cfm flowing past the fan the faster it spins, and the more vacuum it pulls. Its like a supercharger, but in reverse. QUICK LS is putting all that effort into cramming more air into the LS's intake....this technology is just the opposite, it PULLS the fuel and air through the motor instead of PUSHING it. With peoper tuning the turbo tips are worth up to 30 hp.

Please, please, please, tell me this is a joke. It looks like you actually believe this crap...

KD00LS said:
Personally I wouldn't want my exhaust to look like a helicopter getting an erection.
That's the best description I've ever heard for this piece of semi-bling. :D

So let me get this straight, 3-7 hp that you felt was gained? I'd use another sexual reference to explain the in and out movement of the 'reverse supercharger', but what would be the purpose of that?

So let's see: Exhaust flows through the spinner blades thus making it turn at the same rate of expelled gas? ... and we're supposed to believe that creates negative pressure by itself, thus creating more power? ... and you actually dyno tested these results?? Lessons in physics are readily available at your local college.

Turbines are used to induct and pressurize air for better combustion when combined with fuel, not the other way around. Now, if the spinner exhaust were motorized and spun at a rate quicker than that of the expelled gas ... nah, wait ... that doesn't work either.

Face it, this isn’t useful, it’s not advanced, and it doesn’t look sharp enough to be cutting edge, so it must be… Bling! Yes, for the ride that has everything, the Exhaust Tip Spinner! Sort of like an exhaust-powered Veg-o-matic, this unit spins up in the exhaust flow, mesmerizing following traffic and amazing all who gaze upon its spinnee wonderfulness. :rolleyes:

But in your defense Ken, I've never seen your car nor do you have any pictures in your gallery, so I must assume once again that you are kidding ... BAH!! ... good one Ken!! :lol:

that picture is bull:q:q:q:q lol. dont believe everything you see. this guy is just trying to make fools out of you.

The physics of the turbo exhaust tip is not a mystery. It imparts a small negative pressure on the exhaust side of the system. It has to do with the centerline of the cam lobe (105/degrees) on the exhaust side. Its noat really the turbo tip that makes and HP but rather the engines ability to stand more advance timing without preignition. For every 2-3 degrees of advance you can put into a motor it will respond with more HP. With the exhaust spinner it only aids in this effect. The spinner makes no hp, but as it spins faster and draws a vacuum on the exhaust side of the cam it thinks it hase a smaller base circle on the lobe and it takes more advance timing, and hence more power. On some rice vehicles they get 50hp out of turbo exhaust tips. It just barely works on v8 motors because they require so much more cfm.

Ken Motz said:
As the fan spins it creates a small negative pressure in the exhaust system. The exhaust is actually "vacuumed" out of the combustion chamber. The more the cfm flowing past the fan the faster it spins, and the more vacuum it pulls. Its like a supercharger, but in reverse. QUICK LS is putting all that effort into cramming more air into the LS's intake....this technology is just the opposite, it PULLS the fuel and air through the motor instead of PUSHING it. With peoper tuning the turbo tips are worth up to 30 hp.

:bsflag: You have to remember he's most likely using "the butt dyno"

Ken Motz said:
The exhaust is actually "vacuumed" out of the combustion chamber. The more the cfm flowing past the fan the faster it spins, and the more vacuum it pulls.

I'm going to have to agree w/ lead foot. This vacuum idea... THIS IS TOTALLY BS!!

All this this is a metal pinwheel, nothing more. Basically, your saying that if you blow into a pinwheel, it's going to actually create a negative pressure which actually sucks MORE air out of your lungs causing you to expell more air outta your lungs until your blue in the face and pass out.....

It's gonna take more than a section "copy / paste" from the pinwheel website to make a believer outta people..

But if there was factual data on this, how come no one ever seems them on cars these days?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The physics of the turbo exhaust tip is not a mystery. It imparts a small negative pressure on the exhaust side of the system. It has to do with the centerline of the cam lobe (105/degrees) on the exhaust side. Its noat really the turbo tip that makes and HP but rather the engines ability to stand more advance timing without preignition. For every 2-3 degrees of advance you can put into a motor it will respond with more HP. With the exhaust spinner it only aids in this effect. The spinner makes no hp, but as it spins faster and draws a vacuum on the exhaust side of the cam it thinks it hase a smaller base circle on the lobe and it takes more advance timing, and hence more power. On some rice vehicles they get 50hp out of turbo exhaust tips. It just barely works on v8 motors because they require so much more cfm.

Well that explains it. Damn, all my years of race-engine building and I never thought it would be so simple. I guess all the top-fuel dragster and funny cars will be running them next season too. :rolleyes: Bring that car down to Speed Injected (my old shop) in Hallandale, Florida and we'll pop it on the dyno and prove everyone here wrong. Dude, you're beatin' a dead horse; don't believe all you read. I give up. :why:

Ken Motz said:

This is getting funnier by the second. This guy has people thinking that he actually BELIEVES that this stuff works. It must be April 1st, just here in December.

Ken Motz said:
On some rice vehicles they get 50hp out of turbo exhaust tips. It just barely works on v8 motors because they require so much more cfm.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY GOD! THAT PART OF THE THREAD JUST SUNK IN! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

30.jpg

The spining turbo exhaust tip speaks for itself. As you step on the exhaust it is pushed out of the exhaust tip and it starts to spin. As it pulls a vacuum it is "pulled" back into the exhaust system. Watch the video clip. It is what it is.

See the attached dyno sheet showing a small HP increase on a 2004 LS.

Its not a big increase in HP but its still cheap HP.

They are actually coming out with a double bladed model that is supposedly good for 10+ HP! Remember, the ECU advances the timing based on the vacuum of the turbo exhaust and this is what brings about the HP increases. I agree with the posts that say the tip does nothing.....its the resultant timing curve increase that brings on the HP.

hahahaha i love this guy....:D

I remember when this was first posted some time ago, people just made fun of it and that was that. You have taken it to an entirely new level, and your answers to people's questions are just great.

Guys he has to be joking. Ken if you really have two of those on ur car, I really need to see some pictures. Also I use to own a 96 Mustang GT and added a few bolt-ons. I have to say you can't really feel a 3-7hp gain...no way, but maybe that's just me.

Hard to believe but he backs it up with some pretty good scientific evidence.
Guy must be a genius.

Does it at least have that cool Captain Midnite whistle sound? If it does I'm gonna get one.

I used to have one on my beanie, and it made me at least 5mph faster in a foot race, so the physics must be correct.

Jim Henderson

2005 ls dynoed at 330 hp+???

where did that dyno chart come from?my 2003 dynoed at 239 rear wheels in 4th gear.what did you do,pull the motor and bolt it straight up?i don't beleive it and i know your not pulling 330hp at the rear wheels,if you are you must be confused,thats not a lincoln ls your driving....

Leadfoot, once again I'm with you, after ONE second of looking at that graph, immedietly I noticed the HP levels.. the V8 comes 252... And this is saying 334...

I have to say once again my phrase:
It's gonna take more than a section that was "copy / paste" from the pinwheel website to make a believer outta people..

Members online

No members online now.
Back