How will you replace your LS?

trickett90

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Whether your LS is your DD like mine, or it is something for the weekends; you will probably not have it forever. So if you're like me, you think about your next vehicle from time to time. What do you think you will get to replace your LS?

My choice has got to be an M3, assuming I'll be able to afford the one I want. However, if it isn't an M3, it will be a BMW.

I have a two car garage, and if I plan right, when I rebuild my deck I will be able to put a two car garage under that.
The '01 Explorer was paid off five and a half years ago and has 135k, the '06 LS was paid off last month (WOO HOO!!!) and has 56k. If I'm lucky, I can go a payment free year and then make an addition...GT500(???) if I still have the comany truck, F150 if I do not.

If the LS went down right now I would probably lean towards an SHO (is there a trend here) because I still miss my '93, but would have to seriously consider a 4 dr M3.
If the Explorer was terminal...probably an Expedition (Couldn't swing a Navi)

I would consider one of the new 5.0s if it looked like this, except I would have to do something to the tails, dont really dig those.

2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube

Considering an audi s4 or a a6 is they still offerit with the 4.2 v8. Besides that, hopefully a good looking ford/lincoln with a v8 will be made in the near future. I will also not replace my ls, but add another car to the family.

I would consider one of the new 5.0s if it looked like this, except I would have to do something to the tails, dont really dig those.

Considering an audi s4 or a a6 is they still offerit with the 4.2 v8. Besides that, hopefully a good looking ford/lincoln with a v8 will be made in the near future. I will also not replace my ls, but add another car to the family.

Don't look for another rwd Lincoln until at least 2016, and who knows of they'll even b smart and put a v8 in it. Although when this does happen I will b adding that to my lineup and ls will b weekend driver.

Last year I was seriously looking for a replacement. Here's what I considered:

GS350 - Fun to drive. Smallish back seat and small trunk.
RL - Very solid handling, good room for the kiddies. Not fast.
Buick Enclave - This was the reasonable family hauler we had to consider. Lots and lots of room, and drives nicely for a big vehicle

But nothing got us fired up enough to finally pull the trigger. So my final answer is: I have no idea what I'd get.

I think the BOSS 302 is better. My friend has one, and that thing is sweet!!
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: First Test - YouTube

I love my LS. Replace? NEVER!!!!! Modify? Hell yeah.:D

About 7 months ago, I added two more rides to my garage.
2010 Camaro 2SS = 420hp~400ftlbs of torque
2008 Trailblazer SS = 395hp~400ftlbs of torque

Performance mods made or on the way to both.:D

SS 05.jpg

TBSS 03.jpg

Why replace??

Makes no sense selling a vehicle that is paid for to get another to make payments on. Even after its paid off and I get something else I'm keeping it.

If my LS meet an untimely end first thing I'd do is try and find another 5 speed LS that was reasonably priced. If I couldn't do that I'd probably drive a beater around until I found something that sparked my interest like the LS did/does. I always have beaters around these days. I just sold my 99' Camaro, have a buyer ready for my 04 DOHC taurus, and might have my 98' F-150 sold. That will still leave me with an 06' Fusion(my girl drives it) and my 79' k5 Blazer.

One thing I realized recently is that I love buying cars but I hate spending a lot of money on them. I consider it my vice as I don't smoke anymore and I recently stopped drinking(only temporary, and no, I'm not an alcoholic). So I've been buying cars cheap that need work and fix them up and drive them for a few months then sell them for a profit, hence taurus, f-150 and camaro. I'm happy with it so far, my neighbors and landlord aren't, oh well.

No sense in me getting rid of it now. I've spent to much money on things I didn't need :p

Honestly guys, and dont hate.... I like the RWD V8 American sedan (want a manual next time), so my options are..... The Cadillac CTS-V or a G8 GXP. I see myself leaning towards the CTS-V and not being able to afford it so I will probably end up with a 3.6 DI manual CTS 2008+. If I can find one.

Dude I would rock a G8GXP hard... Those cars look great and have some mean power.

And not many people have them.

I forgot all about those ^^^^. They are actually pretty nice from the outside, haven't seen the interior though. I would ride in one of those for sure.

Dude I would rock a G8GXP hard... Those cars look great and have some mean power.

And not many people have them.

My wiFe saw one of those earlier today after making this thread and if I had to miserably admit one of these cars were better it would be one of these cars it would have to be with a M series.

Everybody likes the cts-v but no sts-v love??

sts is much nicer hands down and less common.

Addition for sure. Having a fresh zero mile motor in the LS is going to allow me to basically keep it as long as my heart desires. Going to keep the miles off of it this time. CTS-V is my first choice. I have a thing for the coupe. Corvette ZO6's make me smile as well.

My plan for years was to keep the 2002 LSE that I bought new, until 10 years and about 175k. At 147k that plan is still in effect. She's been paid off since Dec 2007, and I've been putting away the same monthly payment that I used to pay for her, into a savings account. End of 2012 or middle of 2013 Im going for a used 2010 E550 to go with my 2002 CLK55 AMG Convertible thats my weekend toy of sorts. Has 41k miles on it and is flawless.

Staff online

Members online

Back