How will you replace your LS?

Nice Volvo! I really like the gauges. That was one of the cars on my list when I was looking for a new vehicle. I wanted AWD but in the end I decided to keep my Explorer for snow and get a LS.

I don't know yet what I'm gonna do when the time comes to get a new vehicle. I'm more of a truck/suv person but driving the LS is nice.

Either - Jaguar XF

6339081601_3f02f6f1dd_b.jpg

They sure do growl with aftermarket exhaust too. Sweet cars:

INCREDIBLE Jaguar XF-R w/ Aftermarket Exhaust - Revs & Acceleration Sound!! - YouTube

I am going to have to listen to the clip when i get home.

One of the most important aspects that i find attractive about the XF (besides the fact that it's got class and the luxury i want) is the exclusivity that it has to offer.
I would love a Benz, but the prices on the XF have been dropping like crazy. The ones with the 4.2l V8 already going for $27,000.

FYI, the very first diesel Xf has just been imported to US. I will post about it in another thread.

Have you seen the 2012 XF? Be ready to change your shorts.

Jaguar-XF-2961111315194351600x1060.jpg

Jaguar-XF-2961111315183261600x1060.jpg

Jaguar-XF-2961111315166071600x1060.jpg

Of course, the XFR would look cooler with dual exhaust, but that is easily remedied.

Nice Volvo! I really like the gauges. That was one of the cars on my list when I was looking for a new vehicle. I wanted AWD but in the end I decided to keep my Explorer for snow and get a LS.

I don't know yet what I'm gonna do when the time comes to get a new vehicle. I'm more of a truck/suv person but driving the LS is nice.

I would take my S60R over an Explorer in the snow any day unless I lived waaaay up north. The 300hp, AWD, torque curve, and winter tires in the snow is a lot of fun! Can't wait for the snow to fall not that I put my Mustang away yesterday :D

I'm really digging those XFRs so that may be the replacement for the Volvo when the time comes (the styling was adapted from the Volvo when Ford still owned both Volvo and Jaguar). I really like the XKR as well but not sure about getting a 2-door car as a DD.

I like the way they look but they look kind of long... not sure what the dimensions are it could just seem they way.

It's a full size luxury car what do you expect??

I think it looks great just the way it is, I could rock one of them lol. Looking at the prices for them the xf is getting pretty cheap. I'm sure any problems will be a nightmare with that car though...

Even the supercharged model can be had for under 35k.

I almost bought a 2010 Taurus SHO but just wasn't digging the ride. It reminded me too much of a Subaru or something. More a rally car then road car feel. I wasn't digging it. The ecoboost was pretty amazing all things considered, other then the exhaust tone. I would look at it again if it's still around at that time. The Lincoln MKS was mostly just an interior upgrade over the SHO. Plus it has that damn fugly bucktooth grill.

I was also looking at a BMW 550i GT. It was just outside my budget though. So that's still on the table when or if I get tired of tinkering with the LS and assuming I want to expand my budget the extra $10K for it.

The CTS-V might also be an option, but that Cadillac style just looks kind of bulky and dated for some reason. Not very fluid or smooth. I could get used to it I guess. Never test-drove one so not sure about the interior.

Although if my business goes well enough, I'll be able to get my real daily driver... a Ford GT! :D

Practical, I know ;)

Have you seen the 2012 XF? Be ready to change your shorts.

Jaguar-XF-2961111315194351600x1060.jpg

Jaguar-XF-2961111315183261600x1060.jpg

Jaguar-XF-2961111315166071600x1060.jpg

Of course, the XFR would look cooler with dual exhaust, but that is easily remedied.

Yes sir. I think they did an outstanding job with the facelift up front. I wouldn't change a thing. Such a beatiful car. BTW, i check out the vid, the car sounds amazing.

I like the way they look but they look kind of long... not sure what the dimensions are it could just seem they way.

It just looks that way, because of it's shape. I am pretty sure, it's only 3" longer than the LS....if that.

Even the supercharged model can be had for under 35k.

There are bunch of them by me around that price. Even the 2010 models with the 5.0L engines are around the same price, which put out 385hp. (they got rid of the 4.2 after 09 model year).
The car only came out a little over two years ago with a price tag of over $60,000 and now they can be had for half that. That's why i never complain about depreciation.

Never!

Still running my 01V6 as a daily driver. Looks like i might need a 2nd clockspring soon, but running just fine. I like the new Cadillac CTS for speed fun :) smiles.
Still the Cadillac is not as silky smooth as my 01LS.

2003 Mercury Marauder and a 2008 Trailblazer SS............not the same though........still miss the lincoln

Just bought the wife a new Durango
2cmm1s9.jpg

So we need to pay this thing off. I should be able to get another five years out of my 03 LS. So let's see what gas prices are at in five years.
If they are high = Nissan Leif (or similar electric car)
If they are resonable = Probably a MKS (Ecoboost of course)

I really like driving the LS and it's a car that is rare and pretty darn good (other then the coils). I also like the look I get when un-automotive savvy people hear I drive a Lincoln. They think all they make is old folks cars. I would hope the (new 2013+) MKS would better then the LS in every way. We will see when it comes out. Hopefully replacement parts would be more readily available then the LS too.

Before everyone yells at me for suggesting an electric car, until the government learns how to tax them they are a great commuter and don't cost much to operate. I still have my Diesel Pickup, Raced out Mustang GT and a Motorcycle.

forget those silly electric cars.
i believe diesels will be cheaper and more efficient in the long run.

Members online

Back