How to disable check air susp. message after spring conversion?

04SSHD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Before Frogman flips out on doing a search I want to say, I did a search and came up with a whole crap load of irrelevant posts. I am sure it has been answered in the past but I can't find it right now. So as the topic states, how do I disable the Air suspension computer from bringing up the error message on the drivers info center? I heard you just need to clip one wire going to the air control module. Does anyone know which wire, and is it on the black plug harness or the grey plug harness? TIA

04SSHD said:
Before Frogman flips out on doing a search

God damn it! DO A SEARCH! :lol:

Oh, I'm gonna chuckle over the flipping out comment all day now.

Send Ray a PM (or maybe he'll see this thread). I'm sure he can answer your question off the top of his head. Yeah... He's good like that.

Remove the RH kick panel if you have trouble getting access to the wiring bundle.

Locate and cut the DARK GREEN wire with the LIGHT GREEN stripe or "tracer". This will be the wire to cut on most models.

Leave the module connected and turn the suspension switch ON in the trunk.

Credit to BlackIceLSC

Thank You! It worked, and that wire is located on the grey plug harness.

did this too when I switched mine out a few weeks ago

This is the best info on this subject so far, it worked 1st time no BS like the Arnotts fix or trying to decide if the two green wires coming form the black connector have light green stripes or greenish yellow, and witch of the two you cut?

The rest of the posts on this subject should get removed so no one makes the possible mistake of screwing up their harness, and Arnotts needs to correct their info.

IMO

that grey harness is it the second harness looking foward to the engine?

Grey connector, next to the black connector that Arnotts says to just to disconnect, possibly screwing up your variable power assist steering.

Green wire with very narrow, very faint light green tracer stripe.

I'd like to know how to switch out to front coils only, leave the rear bagged, and not get a check air ride message.

I will probably just go aftermarket air, but wouldn't mind maybe just going coils.

I'd like to know how to switch out to front coils only, leave the rear bagged, and not get a check air ride message.

I will probably just go aftermarket air, but wouldn't mind maybe just going coils.

I converted my rear bags to manual operation

air ride

Cut the dark green wire with the lime green stripe going to the black connerctor behind the pass. side kick panel and youre done.:cool:

Cut the dark green wire with the lime green stripe going to the black connerctor behind the pass. side kick panel and youre done.:cool:

Of just hit the reset button so if wanting to convert back to air later its not problem.

Of just hit the reset button so if wanting to convert back to air later its not problem.

Reconnecting the wire would take 5 minutes. I'd much rather do that then to press reset every single time I started the car.

or you could pop the connector apart and pull the pin. disconnected, no error message, super easy to reinstall. win, win. did this to make my headlight out message go away.

why did we drag up this old thread exactly?

Members online

Back