how much was your exhaust ?

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My shop quote was 470
from the end of the catback 2.25 piping Xpiped magnaflows
is it good?

Is that including those parts or you supply those parts and they just weld in custom bent pipe. If th later of the two that is high, I paid 250 to have new cats and my flowmasters welded in with all custom piping. So if that includes the parts it's a deal if not then may be a bit high

Is that including those parts or you supply those parts and they just weld in custom bent pipe. If th later of the two that is high, I paid 250 to have new cats and my flowmasters welded in with all custom piping. So if that includes the parts it's a deal if not then may be a bit high

Yeup just drop off the car and set just want some tips

Well I've had 2 exhaust setups but fixed them both once
#1 $350 installed
#2 $500 installed...that includes 2 sets of tips and 3 cans thought.

I supplied the parts (x-pipe, mufflers and tips)

Paid $240 for 2.5 pipe, parts and labor

Why would you assume that?

But to answer your question most shop should be able to do some custom work to make the mufflers fit. Not a direct fit.

~$150 for 2 Magnaflow mufflers.
~$50 in supplies (this is Canada)
$0 in labor (DIY)

as for my exhaust:

~$180 Bassani Mufflers
~$120 4" tips
~$50 xpipe
~$80 resonators
~$90 hi flow cats
~$580 2.5" SS pipe and labor (1st time)
~$150 re-work(which I shouldn't have paid bc he installed mufflers incorrectly)
~$100 resonator labor (done later on)
~$300 labor for cat install
~ Total: $1650 :eek:

as for my exhaust:

~$180 Bassani Mufflers
~$120 4" tips
~$50 xpipe
~$80 resonators
~$90 hi flow cats
~$580 2.5" SS pipe and labor (1st time)
~$150 re-work(which I shouldn't have paid bc he installed mufflers incorrectly)
~$100 resonator labor (done later on)
~$300 labor for cat install
~ Total: $1650 :eek:

Wow... and now you need more work done because of the cats?
Or is that last $300 replacing the bad cats?

Wow... and now you need more work done because of the cats?
Or is that last $300 replacing the bad cats?

Nope, thats for the hi-flow cats.

The OEM cats I want to put back on shouldn't cost much, since it should just be cut bad ones out and weld on "new" ones.

$400 for Magnaflows and 4" tips.
$350 for 2.5" piping cats back with X pipe.

120 for magnaflow 11225 mufflers
60 for magnaflow x pipe
20 for ebay tips
20 in supplies (pipe adapters, welding wire, etc)
Plus countless hours of pulling the entire exhaust system off/putting it back on.
And alot of beer.

$180 Bassani mufflers
$65 4 inch tips
$75 for labor and a resonator delete
$320 total but still missing an x pipe

$290 full Magnaow catback
$100 AMG Mercedes exhaust tips
$100 install
$490 total

how much was your exhaust ?

Which time, I redid mine a few times :) Luckily my friend let me use his exhaust shop so I only paid for the mufflers and x pipe and tips and I did all the bending myself and only about $50 for the pipe. My center muffler was donated by Tommy. I am feeling the itch to redo it again.

Back about '07---(maybe '06)---I paid about $800 for a complete Magnaflow cat-back system for my '02. I also paid about $50 for all the SS band-clamps. Did the work myself.

KS

I just had Flowmaster 40's put on - got the mufflers for free, work perk - paid $150 to have them installed.

Plus $190 for the loud exhaust ticket. Sadly for you, with 40's I doubt this will be the only loud exhaust ticket you get.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

My catback was around $300, all stainless mandrel bent pipe. Handmade X, Pype's mufflers and reused the original good looking tips. No rice hanging off the back of my car.

Plus $190 for the loud exhaust ticket. Sadly for you, with 40's I doubt this will be the only loud exhaust ticket you get.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

My catback was around $300, all stainless mandrel bent pipe. Handmade X, Pype's mufflers and reused the original good looking tips. No rice hanging off the back of my car.

I have the super 44's no resonators and magnaflow cats, never even been pulled over for it, I also don't blow by the cops at WOT

Members online

No members online now.
Back