How much is your car worth ???

Merk1n_Season

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know there is a thread that we post craigslist finds of marks out there and we sometimes make fun of the prices that people have listed for. But now the question is how much is your car worth in its current condition. Name year, condition, and price.

I don't know what it's worth to anyone else, but I would have to get an offer over $10k for me to want to sell it...

you put a lot of time and effort into it so i can understand where your coming from. Im not saying you will get that but i feel you

For me i would take nothing less than 4500 cash for mine in its current state.

In the summer, $4500. When It's 20 degrees out and covered in salt, $2000.

images.jpeg

I know there is a thread that we post craigslist finds of marks out there and we sometimes make fun of the prices that people have listed for. But now the question is how much is your car worth in its current condition. Name year, condition, and price.

Agreed, everything has a price PERIOD! I refuse to sell my prairie tan for less than $4,900. I don't care what it's worth, I don't care what ppl say on this site, I don't care how long it takes to sell. If you look at autotrader.com our cars with 120-150k are priced at $3,800 more or less so mine with 78k will not sell for less than $4,900.

My wedgewood blue I refuse to let go for any less than $7,600. Why? Because I've put too much sweat & tears into it, she's as clean as yours & she's only got 67k.

I'm sure they are worth less but there's always someone willing to cough up money to buy what you have. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

My insurance adjuster said my '98 was worth $6700 when he came to assess the flood damage this summer. I think he was overly optimistic, but I wasn't going to argue with him lol. :cool:

I will never even come close to breaking even on my car, way to much time and money into at this point and with more money going into that money pitt I call a motor I will certainly loose money if I ever sell it. I may be getting a little bitter at this point.

Couldn't sell it a couple years ago with a few problems for $1000 (my wife made me try and glad it didn't sell)....lol. Put $2100 in it since then. What's it worth now? NOTHING!!! But it's still my piece of heaven! So I don't care!!! Shovel money into the pit I shall go! AND....no complaint's. Bought it for $7500 at 5 years old....put THOUSANDS into it since then (don't even know how much)! Don't care....it will stay right here!

I love this frick'n car! It will only leave my hands over my dead body!

Couldn't sell it a couple years ago with a few problems for $1000 (my wife made me try and glad it didn't sell)....lol. Put $2100 in it since then. What's it worth now? NOTHING!!! But it's still my piece of heaven! So I don't care!!! Shovel money into the pit I shall go! AND....no complaint's. Bought it for $7500 at 5 years old....put THOUSANDS into it since then (don't even know how much)! Don't care....it will stay right here!

I love this frick'n car! It will only leave my hands over my dead body!

Spree I love you even more bro! My friend dumped 14k into the car when it was her's now mine and another 5k and 3 motors in less than a year, I'm still In love with my mark. Hopefully with me till I die.

Spree I love you even more bro! My friend dumped 14k into the car when it was her's now mine and another 5k and 3 motors in less than a year, I'm still In love with my mark. Hopefully with me till I die.

My wife get's upset with me because I keep cars for ever...lol. I have a firebird that's been sitting in the drive way for 22 years. Haven't even opened the door in 10 years at least, think it has 03 plates on it. She says what are you going to do with it and my reply is....noth'n, just leave it sit there.
She say's you'll never get your money back out of that Lincoln, and my reply is It doesn't matter, I bought it for you and you didn't like it.....now it's mine! :)

Love the Dr. Evil quote .. and that says it about right ... I've paid $3000 at the most for my 95 drove it until I gave it to my son then he sold it to become the Pepperman car. All the rest I paid only $2500, I drive them until they die. Can't beat the price. So since I appreciate the low price. They are worth too much to me.

Meh.. Right price at the right time, everything has a price.

This is true ... If someone came up to me and offered me $10,000 for my 93 it would be hard to turn it down as it's 4x what I've paid. If someone came and offered me $5,000 for my 93. I wouldn't accept it. But everything has a price, and depending on what is happening in one's life will determine a lot.

If someone offered me $2000 for my Toreador '96 I would be very tempted to let it go. I've had my fun.

As for the Diamond Anniversary, I'm sure it is worth the most in parts. The engine is toast due to head gasket failure. This morning I couldn't get it to start due to coolant in the cylinders, so this is probably the end of the road for it. With the issues with poor bodywork and paint it's not be worth me fixing, but maybe SOMEBODY would fix it to keep a D.A. on the road.

Anyway, I think I'd be lucky to get $600 for it.

lol My car is worth more parted out, but I would gladly accept 1/2 of what I have The Mark insured for. :)

I'd need probably $8-$9k to even come close to breaking even..and that's not counting all the extra parts I've collected for it. I'd let it go for $6000 probably to the right person which would be highly unlikely to ever happen. Probably isn't worth more than $3500 in this market though and I consider mine to be in very good gondition when comparing it to the majority of mark viiis I see roaming the streets or for sale.

I will never even come close to breaking even on my car, way to much time and money into at this point and with more money going into that money pitt I call a motor I will certainly loose money if I ever sell it. I may be getting a little bitter at this point.

LMAO.
Mine is not worth much right now.
I think in parts its worth more.
Trans is on its last leg, head gasket Issue.
Its a Mark with a hard 160 on the clock.
If it was rusty it would be junk yard bound.

Maybe Gman can sell it for 5k :)
:shifty:

Even with everything done to mine I'd say $5500 the way the body and paint look right now and my interior pulled apart

Members online

Back